House in Lease Land

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
carolin88

House in Lease Land

Post by carolin88 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi,
I am interested in a low-mid range house to buy, but it Is built on a lease plot. That's why it is a bit affordable for me. The lease of the plot will end around after 22 years. So will the buyer loose right of the house after 22 years, if it is a fixed term lease? Basically, what is practiced in Finland generally? Please help me from your experience and observation regarding this. Also, Could anybody suggest me from which office Will a buyer get the detail information for this property lease conditions or information for a specific plot? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Carolin

House in Lease Land

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: House in Lease Land

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:38 pm

carolin88 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:41 pm
Hi,
I am interested in a low-mid range house to buy, but it Is built on a lease plot. That's why it is a bit affordable for me. The lease of the plot will end around after 22 years. So will the buyer loose right of the house after 22 years, if it is a fixed term lease? Basically, what is practiced in Finland generally? Please help me from your experience and observation regarding this. Also, Could anybody suggest me from which office Will a buyer get the detail information for this property lease conditions or information for a specific plot? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Carolin
The rental agreement is between the lessor and the lessee, I'm not aware of any centralized place for them. If thinking of buying a particular property, surely you'll get the plot lease terms from the seller. City-owned plots usually have clauses for continuing the lease under certain conditions, depending on e.g. current zoning rules at the end of the lease period. The relevant law is Maanvuokralaki https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1966/19660258 Maybe there's an English translation of it somewhere, but I didn't find it.

carolin88

Re: House in Lease Land

Post by carolin88 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm

@ FinnGuyHelsinki ,Thanks