HSL card seized for being used by someone else

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
stodi1

Post by stodi1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi,

A friend of mine needed an HSL card and, I have been using the HSL app for some long time and had an HSL card at home that I don't use, I handed my card over to him so he topped it up and have been using it for some days. Then he has been checked by HSL authorities and got a fine for using another person's card. The card has been seized and they asked him to tell me to take it from their office. Now I have some questions.

1- is the act of handing my card to another person count as a crime for me? Will they inform the police about that incident?
2- will this affect me in any case in the future? (Will they check such cases when I apply for an extended residence permit?, citizenship? Or any other matters)
3- should I expected to get some interrogation when I go to pick up my card?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: HSL card seized for being used by someone else

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:01 am

stodi1 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:07 pm
Hi,

A friend of mine needed an HSL card and, I have been using the HSL app for some long time and had an HSL card at home that I don't use, I handed my card over to him so he topped it up and have been using it for some days. Then he has been checked by HSL authorities and got a fine for using another person's card. The card has been seized and they asked him to tell me to take it from their office. Now I have some questions.

1- is the act of handing my card to another person count as a crime for me? Will they inform the police about that incident?
2- will this affect me in any case in the future? (Will they check such cases when I apply for an extended residence permit?, citizenship? Or any other matters)
3- should I expected to get some interrogation when I go to pick up my card?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
HSL sells personal and multi-user cards, what you/your friend did was using a personal card against its service terms. HSL cannot issue fines (they're not a law enforcement agency, they don't interrogate people, either), there is a penalty fare when caught traveling without a valid ticket, which is what happened with your friend. In the future, have your friend get his/her own card and don't share your personal card with others.