What's the next step? - From intimate relationship RP to family ties RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
actualbunnyvolunteer

Post by actualbunnyvolunteer » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:52 am

Hello. I'm currently living in Finland on the residence permit based on intimate relationship, which I applied for using paper based application back in my home country. Now I just got married to my Finnish citizen wife at the district courthouse in Finland.

Does this mean I can apply for a new residence permit based on family ties immediately?

Do I apply for a completely new residence permit, or just an extension on a different basis?

Do I apply online or paper? Because my first RP was a paper based application.

I got married in Finland. Do I have to register the marriage with Digi again and then get an extract of marriage certificate, so that I can attach it in my RP application?

I tried to read both Digi and Migri's websites but I'm still confused, and English is not my first language. This forum has helped me greatly with my first RP application and I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and knowledge.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: What's the next step? - From intimate relationship RP to family ties RP

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:16 pm

actualbunnyvolunteer wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:52 am
Hello. I'm currently living in Finland on the residence permit based on intimate relationship, which I applied for using paper based application back in my home country. Now I just got married to my Finnish citizen wife at the district courthouse in Finland.

Does this mean I can apply for a new residence permit based on family ties immediately?
Yes.
Do I apply for a completely new residence permit, or just an extension on a different basis?
An extension on a different basis is a new RP.
Do I apply online or paper? Because my first RP was a paper based application.
That's your choice, online might be faster and cheaper.
I got married in Finland. Do I have to register the marriage with Digi again and then get an extract of marriage certificate, so that I can attach it in my RP application?
Migri gets this information automatically since your marriage was in Finland.