Permanent residence permit or citizenship

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Jameswh

Re: Permanent residence permit or citizenship

Post by Jameswh » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:33 am

Scolix wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:37 pm
Jameswh wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:40 pm
Scolix wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:34 pm

My friend was in a similar situation. He couldn't travel during the PR processing period. Migri told him that he could travel after he gets his PR, since the RP validity also ended.
I'm actually in the same situation rn, I've applied in February even tho I had 2 years B type permit they said that it's not counted and have to complete 4years in A. So my permit ended beginning of August and still waiting for them to even start processing..
The queue is moving very slowly+ i need my permit for business travels.
If I may ask, what is your queue no? In which city did you apply? The processing depends on which city you make your application. Some get it within 1-3 days. viewtopic.php?t=102923

I have also applied for PR but the queue seems to move very slowly. It doesn't look like its gonna happen any time sooner. Its better to apply for A permit extension. You should get it in 1 month. Maybe because of that they might grant the PR soon.

My friend had to make repeated complaints with Migri. I think he called Migri frequently. Finally they were pissed off and gave the decision after couple of months. But if he had not complained, then he might have had to wait longer. Just call Migri every 2 days. Migri doesn't care about peoples life. If it disrupts with your work, they have to do something. I have heard from others in a similar situation. Only when more people complain, they might do something.
Hi and thanks for the answer, i think I'm gonna start bothering them a little bit since my permit expired last week. I applied in Helsinki, Malmi. My number in the queue is 395, 2 days ago it was 400 so it's moving kinda slowly..
Last edited by Jameswh on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:02 am

Jameswh wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:33 am
Hi and thanks for the answer, i think I'm gonna start bothering them a little bit since my permit expired last week. I applied in Helsinki, Malmi. My number in the queue is 395, 2 days ago it was 400 so it's moving kinda slowly..
How long have you been in A permit?
Hope you get it soon. Do update when you get your PR. Also let us know if your complaint made any difference.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:59 am

Hi all,

Considering the waiting time to make decision, can I submit my PR application right now since my 4-years A permit will be expiring in June 2022?

Also, do you know the effect of two traffic offences( 150 euro fine and 350 euro fine) in 3 years on my application? https://migri.fi/en/crime

I recently changed my job( still hourly contract type), how ls that going to affect my application?

Thanks in advance for all your contributions!
Regards
Jameswh wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:33 am
Scolix wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:37 pm
Jameswh wrote:

I'm actually in the same situation rn, I've applied in February even tho I had 2 years B type permit they said that it's not counted and have to complete 4years in A. So my permit ended beginning of August and still waiting for them to even start processing..
If I may ask, what is your queue no? In which city did you apply? The processing depends on which city you make your application. Some get it within 1-3 days. viewtopic.php?t=102923

I have also applied for PR but the queue seems to move very slowly. It doesn't look like its gonna happen any time sooner. Its better to apply for A permit extension. You should get it in 1 month. Maybe because of that they might grant the PR soon.

My friend had to make repeated complaints with Migri. I think he called Migri frequently. Finally they were pissed off and gave the decision after couple of months. But if he had not complained, then he might have had to wait longer. Just call Migri every 2 days. Migri doesn't care about peoples life. If it disrupts with your work, they have to do something. I have heard from others in a similar situation. Only when more people complain, they might do something.

Mamusha

Post by Mamusha » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:50 pm

It’s very strange that they didn’t count 2years of B permit and told to have 4 years in A. My first year was on B permit and it was just counted as 6 months instead of a year.
Jameswh wrote:
Scolix wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:34 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:02 am

There is no ban on travel when applying for PR (just have to be more careful with planning and paperwork). Suggesting to always apply for an extended permit instead is bad advice.
My friend was in a similar situation. He couldn't travel during the PR processing period. Migri told him that he could travel after he gets his PR, since the RP validity also ended.

Jameswh

Post by Jameswh » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:32 pm

I just received the decision today for the guys who were asking.
It took basically from February till October. Knowing that have 2B permits (student) that wasn't counted at all so I had to wait until my permit expires.
I have tried to annoy them call them email, but they literally don't care, u have to wait for your turn.
Yesterday my number on the waiting list was 223 and the next day I received the decision, so the number on the waiting list doesn't mean anything based on my experience.

Hope this answers the questions and good luck for everybody else.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:11 am

Jameswh wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:32 pm
It took basically from February till October. Knowing that have 2B permits (student) that wasn't counted at all so I had to wait until my permit expires.
I have tried to annoy them call them email, but they literally don't care, u have to wait for your turn.
Yesterday my number on the waiting list was 223 and the next day I received the decision, so the number on the waiting list doesn't mean anything based on my experience.

Congratulations!

jeetchel007

Post by jeetchel007 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:39 pm

Based on experience of few, I have seen certain applications get processed quite quick inspite of many applications of same type existing before. Does anyone know what drives such expedited processing, some application attribute decided by Migri/Polissi official at service point, some system search at backend which gets certain applications higher inspite of them arriving later then others of same type?

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:25 pm

jeetchel007 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:39 pm
Based on experience of few, I have seen certain applications get processed quite quick inspite of many applications of same type existing before. Does anyone know what drives such expedited processing, some application attribute decided by Migri/Polissi official at service point, some system search at backend which gets certain applications higher inspite of them arriving later then others of same type?
There is no logic in the processing queue. I too have known applicants who have got the decisions as early as within as day to a week as well as small percentage of them waiting for nearly 8-12 months or more.

machadolucas

Post by machadolucas » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:14 am

jeetchel007 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:39 pm
The processing time really depends case by case.
Let's suppose that migri needs to ask further information from authorities of the applicant's home country (for example to check validity of documents, or background).
Then it will depend on how hard it is to contact those authorities, and how long does it take for them to reply with the needed information... That by itself can create huge differences between applicants.

And they can investigate all kinds of things, such as work relations, education, family, etc

kunglao

Post by kunglao » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:10 pm

heretostay wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:14 pm
1) YKI level 3 or some other migri approved documentation of language skills. https://migri.fi/en/language-skills

2) Exceptions are extremely rare. You need something like documentation of a severe cognitive handicap that would prevent you from learning a new language. https://migri.fi/en/exceptions-to-the-l ... equirement

3) Permanent residence permit is a good idea in my opinion for your case. Citizenship applications are currently being processed very very slowly. You don’t want to be in a position of having to renew your permit while citizenship application is pending. And you can take your time with getting the language skills.
So are some permanent residence applications too if you get unlucky. I've seen 19 months.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:41 am

Hello,

I know it's being many months you got your PR but I will like to which month your 4 years RP expired. I just want to know how long you stayed after your permit expired before they granted you PR.

Thanks
Jameswh wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:32 pm