Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
hotplay

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by hotplay » Wed May 11, 2022 4:25 pm

eniokooza wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:22 pm
Dear all,
A friend just got rejected for using a college qualifications as prove of language test. This same qualifications was used by his wife last year and her application was granted. Apparently they wrote he has two week to submit YKI test results. Has anyone else had such experience. What's even most annoying, they kept his application for almost 16months before replying. According to them the rules have changed. My argument is when he submitted the application, they accepted it. Why not notify the applicant intr if there are changes.
was the degree completed in Finnish or swedish ?, or was it in english ?
even if the qualification is a formally in Finnish or Swedish , they will call to ask your teachers if you ever had to use english . and then its a reject. you can check case law , there is many court rulings to prove that
this may help though :
https://www.minilex.fi/n/kho-kielitaido ... uusasiassa

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Thu May 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:41 pm
letseatpizza wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:21 am
Hey guys, I stopped receiving automated emails from migri (stuff like your application is waiting for processing, etc). Is it the same for others? Are you still getting these emails? I used to receive them biweekly.
Is'nt it every 4 weeks for citizenship applications? When did you apply?
No.

https://migri.fi/en/automated-messages
  • Your application is waiting to be processed.
    You will receive the message every two weeks.
  • The processing of your application has started.
    Your application is being processed.
    If you are applying for citizenship, you will receive the message every four weeks.

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Mon May 16, 2022 2:59 pm

yrtti wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:32 am
So you applied at the height of COVID. Understandably though this is quite confusing that you have such a low number and still no resolution.
It could be that the queue system is simply bullsh!t and there only as a way to keep people from harassing them about the status of their application. This is of course a possibility.
Personally, I have pretty low confidence in the queue number system because Migri seems to pick and choose which applications to process at a given moment. Someone I know has recently gotten their decision, and our applications are very similar - we arrived in Finland at the same time from the same country, went to the same school and graduated together, we have been working for the same company for roughly the same amount of time. If anything, I should have gotten my decision first since I have applied earlier than they did, yet I am still waiting.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Tue May 17, 2022 3:20 pm

The estimated processing times will be updated this week. Looking at the Statistics for April, its looking bad for citizenship applications. Over the last few months they have increased the decisions only for citizenship by declaration. For applications the numbers are adding to the backlog.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Tue May 17, 2022 4:05 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:20 pm
The estimated processing times will be updated this week. Looking at the Statistics for April, its looking bad for citizenship applications. Over the last few months they have increased the decisions only for citizenship by declaration. For applications the numbers are adding to the backlog.
Now processing time for citizenship application is showing 9-19 months.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Who knows What that that means if Studyinfo has been checked 2 times?

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:15 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:20 pm

If I remember you applied just few weeks ago. I have only one advice for you try to forget your application for sometimes yours wont come in this 2022. You just applied what will be good for you is to stop worring otherwize you will get anxiety over this. If you have not commited any crime and you are working you will get it for sure. I am waitiig about 11 months and I really dont care when it is time it will come.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue May 17, 2022 7:17 pm

Mamu wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 pm
If you have 2 applications it will show that it has been checked twice. Unless you have one application and second one is recent then your application is being looked at.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Tue May 17, 2022 8:10 pm

Mamu wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 pm
How do you know if Studyinfo has been checked?

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue May 17, 2022 8:15 pm

yrtti wrote:
browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 pm
Hello all, I have gotten a request for some additional info. related to my citizenship application. Namely the following
Are you in Finland though, or are you not? Because they would not have sent this if they did not have proof you were not in Finland.
You do have to be INSIDE Finland when the decision is made. So it looks like you were going to get one, but they stopped because evidence shows you are not IN the country. If you ARE in Finland take a few photos of you standing somewhere obvious in Finland or tell them that you're willing to talk into Migri and ID yourself in person.
I had informed them that I was travelling abroad so they knew about it. I did get a message about the fact that I needed to be in Finland when the decision is made so they agreed to wait until I was back in Finland before making the decision. They said a boarding pass would be fine or proof of payments made in Finlad would work fine as proof.
ImageImage

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue May 17, 2022 8:18 pm

browndude wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:15 pm
yrtti wrote:
browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 pm
Hello all, I have gotten a request for some additional info. related to my citizenship application. Namely the following
Are you in Finland though, or are you not? Because they would not have sent this if they did not have proof you were not in Finland.
You do have to be INSIDE Finland when the decision is made. So it looks like you were going to get one, but they stopped because evidence shows you are not IN the country. If you ARE in Finland take a few photos of you standing somewhere obvious in Finland or tell them that you're willing to talk into Migri and ID yourself in person.
I had informed them that I was travelling abroad so they knew about it. I did get a message about the fact that I needed to be in Finland when the decision is made so they agreed to wait until I was back in Finland before making the decision. They said a boarding pass or proofs of payments made in Finland would be acceptable.
ImageImage

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 pm

yrtti wrote:
I had informed them that I was travelling abroad so they knew about it. I did get a message about the fact that I needed to be in Finland when the decision is made so they agreed to wait until I was back in Finland before making the decision. They said a boarding pass or proofs of payments made in Finland would be acceptable.
ImageImage

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am

browndude wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 pm
When did you apply?

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 am

Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am
browndude wrote:
When did you apply?
Just got the citizenship approval today. I applied in August 2021. Confirmed my identity 11th Aug. 2021 to be precise. So it took a little more than 9months. I did ask for speeded up processing due to a certain situation but was this was not approved. But still not too bad all things considered. Queue number was around 3900. I have been living in FInland on A and P permits since 2010 on A and P permits (12 years). Working in the same company since 2016 in a salaried position.
ImageImage

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 am

browndude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 am
Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am
browndude wrote:
When did you apply?
Just got the citizenship approval today. I applied in August 2021. Confirmed my identity 11th Aug. 2021 to be precise. So it took a little more than 9months. I did ask for speeded up processing due to a certain situation but was this was not approved. But still not too bad all things considered. Queue number was around 3900. I have been living in FInland on A and P permits since 2010 on A and P permits (12 years). Working in the same company since 2016 in a salaried position.
Congratulations