Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Favchild

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Favchild » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:12 pm

LumiPoika wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:48 pm
Favchild wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:33 am
I got the positive desicion today, got my interview at the end of june 2021.
Wow, congrats. Thanks for sharing the good news :wink: :)

Would you please tell us for how long have you been living in Finland?
Your country was on the list?
Do you think the queue number indicates something? do you remember what was your queue number?
I came here in 2014 with student visa and my country is not on the list
My queue was 4527, it took like 5 seconds to go from stage 2 to stage 3 of processing

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:13 pm

Favchild wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:12 pm
LumiPoika wrote:
Favchild wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:33 am
I got the positive desicion today, got my interview at the end of june 2021.

Do you think the queue number indicates something? do you remember what was your queue number?
My queue was 4527, it took like 5 seconds to go from stage 2 to stage 3 of processing
Congrats! Were you on an A or P permit prior to applying if you don’t mind me asking?

Favchild

Post by Favchild » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:35 pm

letseatpizza wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:13 pm
Favchild wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:12 pm
LumiPoika wrote:

Congrats! Were you on an A or P permit prior to applying if you don’t mind me asking?
I was on 4-year A permit

mani121

Post by mani121 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:52 pm

Hi,
Anyone who is waiting for more than 16 months and contacted Migri recently? What did they say? Any new lame excuses or still the old ones?

blackotoyo

Post by blackotoyo » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:02 pm

Applied in April 2021, interview 1 June 2021 contacted once for more info still stage one queue number 3600.

Dani456

Post by Dani456 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 pm

No response from them even after waiting 24 months, I think we are doing nothing in this regard just taking out our frustration on this forum. Please guide people how to contact some authorities for this. Every time they are coming with new excuses. Whom should we contact to sort out this matter.

LumiPoika

Post by LumiPoika » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:24 am

blackotoyo wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:02 pm
Applied in April 2021, interview 1 June 2021 contacted once for more info still stage one queue number 3600.
Once you mentioned your queue number was around 3500 and then Kamu was out of service for a while and now you are 3600 :shock:

That's why I'm doubtful if these numbers indicate something, or at least for us as an outsider. Someone in this forum has mentioned got a decision with queue number 4500. I know two people with the same queue number which is meaningless that two people have the same queue number unless there are in a different queue. So I think there are other factors that impact the processing.

There is a logic behind that, but not clear for us and it's really unfortunate that the process is not transparent.

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am

LumiPoika wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:24 am
blackotoyo wrote:
Once you mentioned your queue number was around 3500 and then Kamu was out of service for a while and now you are 3600 :shock:

That's why I'm doubtful if these numbers indicate something, or at least for us as an outsider. Someone in this forum has mentioned got a decision with queue number 4500. I know two people with the same queue number which is meaningless that two people have the same queue number unless there are in a different queue. So I think there are other factors that impact the processing.

There is a logic behind that, but not clear for us and it's really unfortunate that the process is not transparent.
My queue number is 2970-ish and still stage 1. And yes, it’s interesting that people with higher queue numbers got their decisions already…

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am

Oh and I also applied in April and had my interview in May. So it’s weird that our applications are this far apart in the queue…

blackotoyo

Post by blackotoyo » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 am

It went up with few hundreds above after Kamu was back again, but like is clearly mentioned queue number vary and its case to case basis it dosent mean If you have less people ahead of you your decision is almost coming to a close. Some mentioned he got positive decision with about 4500 people ahead of him in the queue.

mämmirakastaja

Post by mämmirakastaja » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:09 pm

LumiPoika wrote:
blackotoyo wrote:

Good point.
I think the process includes a great deal of human factor that is causing errors/delays, including even communication between employees of Migri. Of course it is only a speculation with the limited information we have. Honestly, how I visualise it is: numerous high stacks of paper applications scattered around room, on the floor, on the window, proper 90s style, and one not so organised employee that forgets where they started and trying to push through the insane amount of work. :envelope: :envelope: :envelope: :envelope:

Probably that is why Migri mentioned that they are recruiting new people and automating the process at least to some extent this year. Also, in other countries this kind of lack of transparency in citizenship application handling is quite normal (I googled about US and Canada for example).

ShadowEn

Post by ShadowEn » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:25 pm

LumiPoika wrote:
blackotoyo wrote:

If I may chime in, I once had a bout of anxiety and looked up about 100 different queue numbers to try and figure out some info on the queue system. I noticed that although I was looking at queue numbers that were within -5 to +5 of mine, the visualisation was different. I've included the images I saved for these numbers.

Image Link if this isn't working: https://ibb.co/XYFnbxZ

Now, I'm reasonably certain 310/2021 are citizenship applications submitted in the year 2021. So unless that inference is wrong, there are different queues for these applications (look at the first and second images on line 2 versus the image for my application (which is on top)). It's also worth mentioning that those applications I suspected were in the same queue as mine all received decisions around the time I did, and can no longer be found on Kamu.

blackotoyo

Post by blackotoyo » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:53 pm

Your analysis is spot on, sorry If i May Ask hen did you apply 2021 and when was decision made?

ShadowEn

Post by ShadowEn » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:00 pm

blackotoyo wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Your analysis is spot on, sorry If i May Ask hen did you apply 2021 and when was decision made?
I applied in April, 2021. The decision was made in the 3rd week of January, 2022.

LumiPoika

Post by LumiPoika » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:09 pm

mämmirakastaja wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:09 pm
LumiPoika wrote:
blackotoyo wrote:

Good point.
I think the process includes a great deal of human factor that is causing errors/delays, including even communication between employees of Migri. Of course it is only a speculation with the limited information we have. Honestly, how I visualise it is: numerous high stacks of paper applications scattered around room, on the floor, on the window, proper 90s style, and one not so organised employee that forgets where they started and trying to push through the insane amount of work. :envelope: :envelope: :envelope: :envelope:

Agree, sometimes some human factors like a miscommunication between applicant and officer or even between the employees of Migri lead to a long process. I wonder if the officer who receives the documents also has an impact on the process or not.
mämmirakastaja wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:09 pm
Probably that is why Migri mentioned that they are recruiting new people and automating the process at least to some extent this year. Also, in other countries, this kind of lack of transparency in citizenship application handling is quite normal (I googled about US and Canada for example).
Right on the 15 of November they promised here https://migri.fi/en/-/backlogs-in-the-p ... plications to accelerate the processing time, wonder when it will happen :?:
Reasons for the backlogs
Even this year, employees were needed for processing urgent residence permit matters, which has led to a lack of employees in the processing of citizenship applications. There has also been a general shortage of employees who process applications, whereas the number of citizenship applications submitted has been higher than predicted. In addition, the COVID-19 situation has contributed to the challenges in the processing of citizenship applications.

The expected processing time of an application is an estimate. Due to the backlog, the estimate possibly given to you may have become longer.

We are working on improving the situation. Next year, we will have more employees processing applications. We are also improving and streamlining the processing of applications using various methods, including automation.
Last edited by LumiPoika on Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.