Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
boy30062021

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by boy30062021 » Thu May 05, 2022 11:45 am

heretostay wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:31 am
I contacted migri about my queue number not moving and they said queue numbers are updated weekly and not daily. Has anyone found this to be true or was this just some excuse to tell me on the phone to make me happy?
It is true. They update it every Wednesday :D :D. I think we should forget about this queue thing it does affect anything :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Thu May 05, 2022 12:22 pm

heretostay wrote:
I contacted migri about my queue number not moving and they said queue numbers are updated weekly and not daily. Has anyone found this to be true or was this just some excuse to tell me on the phone to make me happy?
It seems indeed like they are now updating them weekly. Before the chatbot was taken down for maintenance, they used to update daily.

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Thu May 05, 2022 1:59 pm

heretostay wrote:
Yes it seem to be true , I asked the same question not long ago...

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Thu May 05, 2022 2:02 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:15 am
I called the migri today, the funny thing they say which is big lie, they said that they only process applications that were applied since beginning of 2020 :D :D :D . While I know more than 6 people who applied after me in 2021 got their citizenship :o . The most ironic excuses saying they only give decision about 2020 applications. I think we just need to sit down and let them do whatever they feel like :ochesey:
In this thread alone you have enough evidence that this is a lie !, there is decision threads from April 2021 all the way to mid-august in the previous page .

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Thu May 05, 2022 2:27 pm

The chat bot was broken for more than a week. It started working since yesterday early morning. For few diary numbers it was updated twice only yesterday.

In general, for most people the queue numbers are updated weekly. But for a very few it updates more than once a week. When it updates the next day it usually moves by 1 or 2 places. There is no logic how the queue number works. Many people who have applied in 2020/2021 are still behind in the queue. Whereas a few who have applied in 2022 are much ahead in the queue( <500 queue number). Maybe if you have two parallel applications(Citizenship and PR/A RP) it might speed up the process a little.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 pm

Migri says that it has been using partial automation for citizenship application. The partial automation does not seem to reduce the processing time.

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Thu May 05, 2022 11:25 pm

Scolix wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 pm
Migri says that it has been using partial automation for citizenship applications. The partial automation does not seem to reduce the processing time.
I spoke with a chief inspector at the citizenship unit last week. He said the maximum number of decisions allowed is 1500 /month and that currently, 15000 applications are waiting to be processed. He justified the delays are due to a surprising hike in the number of applications and the understaffed unit and mentioned hiring new people . I know a few friends who got hired to work there so things might pick up the pace soon. also, the queue has been faster starting from last month, at least in my case, applied on 5 November, current queue number around 4750

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Fri May 06, 2022 10:19 am

hotplay wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:25 pm
I spoke with a chief inspector at the citizenship unit last week. He said the maximum number of decisions allowed is 1500 /month and that currently, 15000 applications are waiting to be processed. He justified the delays are due to a surprising hike in the number of applications and the understaffed unit and mentioned hiring new people . I know a few friends who got hired to work there so things might pick up the pace soon. also, the queue has been faster starting from last month, at least in my case, applied on 5 November, current queue number around 4750
I didn't know that they had a cap on the number of decisions per month. Based on Migri statistics, they have given more than 1500 decisions in the past. They have gone up to 2000 decisions/month( in 2017). Its only since last year they have reduced the number of decisions to under 1000/month. I agree with the queue being faster last month because the number of decisions have increased to 1200. But this isn't enough to reduce the backlog. If they are going to stick with only 1500 decisions/month, the processing time is not going to reduce.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:13 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:45 am
heretostay wrote:
It is true. They update it every Wednesday :D :D. I think we should forget about this queue thing it does affect anything :)
At least 3 months ago when my queue number was still working it got updated every day at 3am sharp. I usually stayed up until 3 am everyday to check the progression of my application.
Anyway the queue is just an estimate of where your application is and when it will get looked into. For example when you first applied, your queue usually move backwards, depending on the gap of when you sent the application vs when you actually visit Migri. After a while your queue will move steadily for a couple of months until you get to about queue number ~3000 ( or even 4000) That is when your application is actually got reviewed, although it might not always showed that your application is in phase 2 - In progress. This might takes only days, for some it takes weeks or months, entirely a case-by-case basis.

In addition to check my own queue number, I have also track other random queue number that are more or less close to me and notice that it's very vague when you will get a decision, so don't be too desperate over queue number like I did.
I tracked some queue number that was +/-2 to mine and they all got their decisions way earlier than mine, 5-6 months earlier.
I tracked another number which was after my number by 9, (for example mine is 1000/310/2021 - the other number 1009/310/2021) and this application was 300 place before me when I first checked. But after a few months our gap was shorten into just 60 places. I have gotten my decision 3 months ago and this application is still waiting.
Another example was an application with the queue number -80 ( 0020/310/2021) the gap was also shorten day by day, meaning that there are application in between us got decision before us. This application got their decision probably 1 month ago with a place in queue at approx 16xx.

So yes these two application I checked because they both supposed to get their decision before me, if we count first come first serve basis, but in the end my decision came earlier than them. One can only wish that they were lucky enough I guess....

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:03 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:13 am
boy30062021 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:45 am
heretostay wrote:
At least 3 months ago when my queue number was still working it got updated every day at 3am sharp. I usually stayed up until 3 am everyday to check the progression of my application.
Anyway the queue is just an estimate of where your application is and when it will get looked into. For example when you first applied, your queue usually move backwards, depending on the gap of when you sent the application vs when you actually visit Migri. After a while your queue will move steadily for a couple of months until you get to about queue number ~3000 ( or even 4000) That is when your application is actually got reviewed, although it might not always showed that your application is in phase 2 - In progress. This might takes only days, for some it takes weeks or months, entirely a case-by-case basis.

In addition to check my own queue number, I have also track other random queue number that are more or less close to me and notice that it's very vague when you will get a decision, so don't be too desperate over queue number like I did.
I tracked some queue number that was +/-2 to mine and they all got their decisions way earlier than mine, 5-6 months earlier.
I tracked another number which was after my number by 9, (for example mine is 1000/310/2021 - the other number 1009/310/2021) and this application was 300 place before me when I first checked. But after a few months our gap was shorten into just 60 places. I have gotten my decision 3 months ago and this application is still waiting.
Another example was an application with the queue number -80 ( 0020/310/2021) the gap was also shorten day by day, meaning that there are application in between us got decision before us. This application got their decision probably 1 month ago with a place in queue at approx 16xx.

So yes these two application I checked because they both supposed to get their decision before me, if we count first come first serve basis, but in the end my decision came earlier than them. One can only wish that they were lucky enough I guess....
When did you apply and when did you get a decision if I may ask?

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Tue May 10, 2022 10:21 am

Hey guys, I stopped receiving automated emails from migri (stuff like your application is waiting for processing, etc). Is it the same for others? Are you still getting these emails? I used to receive them biweekly.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Tue May 10, 2022 7:41 pm

letseatpizza wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:21 am
Hey guys, I stopped receiving automated emails from migri (stuff like your application is waiting for processing, etc). Is it the same for others? Are you still getting these emails? I used to receive them biweekly.
Is'nt it every 4 weeks for citizenship applications? When did you apply?

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Tue May 10, 2022 7:43 pm

When exactly do we enter the queue? Is it when you make the online application or after you prove your identity?

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Wed May 11, 2022 12:33 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:43 pm
When exactly do we enter the queue? Is it when you make the online application or after you prove your identity?
only after you visit , only then you get a diary number.

eniokooza

Post by eniokooza » Wed May 11, 2022 3:22 pm

Dear all,
A friend just got rejected for using a college qualifications as prove of language test. This same qualifications was used by his wife last year and her application was granted. Apparently they wrote he has two week to submit YKI test results. Has anyone else had such experience. What's even most annoying, they kept his application for almost 16months before replying. According to them the rules have changed. My argument is when he submitted the application, they accepted it. Why not notify the applicant intr if there are changes.