Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
boy30062021

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by boy30062021 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:22 pm

Edward35 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:10 pm
I have come to realisation that,waiting too long for your decision really caused mixed feelings. Checking your emails,refreshing your enterfinland account and sms. Hard to go through 🤦🏽‍♂️
It is frustrating man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:19 pm

I got this message today, does it mean anything? Or is it the normal automated monthly message? I used to get the message of your application is waiting to be processed, but without asking for any additional information.

Your application is waiting to be processed – supplement the application
Dear customer,

Your application is waiting to be processed. We will notify you when the processing starts.

Please add the following information to the application:

Travelling

Inform us if you have travelled abroad after submitting the application. If you have travelled abroad, tell us:

• Which country did you travel to?

• What was the reason for the trip?

• When did you travel abroad and when did you return to Finland?

Financial resources

Inform us of the current source of your livelihood.

• If you have the same job, send us your latest pay slip.

• If you have changed jobs, send us your employment contract and your latest pay skip.

• If you receive any benefits from the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela), please do not send us any Kela decisions. The Finnish Immigration Service will get the details of the benefits directly from Kela.

• To find out how you can prove you have financial resources, see the website of the Finnish Immigration Service:

migri.fi/en/citizenship-application/means-of-support

If you have submitted an online application, send your reply in the Enter Finland service.

If you have submitted a paper application, send your reply by post or email. If you send any attachments, please use encrypted email: securemail.migri.fi

You can check the expected processing time for your application at

migri.fi/en/check-the-processing-time-of-your-application

You can also ask Kamu the chatbot about the progress of your application. You will find Kamu on the website migri.fi.

Best regards, Finnish Immigration Service

You cannot send a reply to this message.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:46 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:22 pm
Edward35 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:10 pm
I have come to realisation that,waiting too long for your decision really caused mixed feelings. Checking your emails,refreshing your enterfinland account and sms. Hard to go through 🤦🏽‍♂️
It is frustrating man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:08 am

No_doo wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:19 pm
I got this message today, does it mean anything? Or is it the normal automated monthly message? I used to get the message of your application is waiting to be processed, but without asking for any additional information.

It is an automated message, a kind of reminder to update your info. Usually migri is sending it a year after application is submitted. Could you tell here when did you apply for citizenship?

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:36 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:08 am
No_doo wrote:

It is an automated message, a kind of reminder to update your info. Usually migri is sending it a year after application is submitted. Could you tell here when did you apply for citizenship?

I applied in June 2022

shallowpie

Post by shallowpie » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:53 am

No_doo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:36 am
kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:08 am
No_doo wrote:

I applied in June 2022
Anyway, it’s just autogenerated. I’ve got 2 of these.

Dragun38

Post by Dragun38 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:59 am

No_doo wrote:

Dear customer,

Your application is waiting to be processed. We will notify you when the processing starts.

Please add the following information to the application:

Travelling

Inform us if you have travelled abroad after submitting the application. If you have travelled abroad, tell us:

• Which country did you travel to?

• What was the reason for the trip?

• When did you travel abroad and when did you return to Finland?

Financial resources

Inform us of the current source of your livelihood.

• If you have the same job, send us your latest pay slip.

• If you have changed jobs, send us your employment contract and your latest pay skip.

• If you receive any benefits from the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela), please do not send us any Kela decisions. The Finnish Immigration Service will get the details of the benefits directly from Kela.

• To find out how you can prove you have financial resources, see the website of the Finnish Immigration Service:

migri.fi/en/citizenship-application/means-of-support

If you have submitted an online application, send your reply in the Enter Finland service.

If you have submitted a paper application, send your reply by post or email. If you send any attachments, please use encrypted email: securemail.migri.fi

You can check the expected processing time for your application at

migri.fi/en/check-the-processing-time-of-your-application

You can also ask Kamu the chatbot about the progress of your application. You will find Kamu on the website migri.fi.

Best regards, Finnish Immigration Service

You cannot send a reply to this message.
I also received that e-mail before my application went to stage 2. I guess if you receive this e-mail when your application wait time time is less than 6 months it might indicate that their automated process started to handle your application and it might soon move to stage 2. In my case I received this e-mail and next day application went to stage 2.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:16 pm

No_doo wrote:

Its an automated message. Got the same message couple of weeks back (still in stage 1). I think they are sending this when you are around 6 months after sending application.

I doesn't mean a thing. Every once in a while they try to change the format and timing of the automated messages.

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:28 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:16 pm
No_doo wrote:

Its an automated message. Got the same message couple of weeks back (still in stage 1). I think they are sending this when you are around 6 months after sending application.

I doesn't mean a thing. Every once in a while they try to change the format and timing of the automated messages.

Well I never got that email regarding travel update and source of income after 6 months of waiting. I got that very email exactly 17 months of waiting and still in stage 1 counting.

kocool12

Post by kocool12 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:21 pm

guys who have been on stage 2 for months. any update yet?

pigrabbit94

Post by pigrabbit94 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 pm

kocool12 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:21 pm
I have been in stage 2 since April. No update!

kocool12

Post by kocool12 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:47 pm

April??? maybe the officer handling your case is on maternity leave and forgot to hand over to someone else
pigrabbit94 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 pm
kocool12 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:21 pm
I have been in stage 2 since April. No update!

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:47 pm

skull_maito wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 am
Yes, about few years back, the list of countries were public on Migri website.
I am supposed to know what was written a few years ago that everyone is still talking about? :roll: Just block me if you have an issue.
There has always been different times for different countries Migri has said this for years.
skull_maito wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 am
And you saying those waiting for longer years did a bad application also pointed out how superficial you think because according to this people who got theirs in less than a year are better off, right
Yes I am saying that I am sure quite many people who are still waiting so many years likely submitted on paper or without all the needed documents or they had other pending decisions or they were from a country which has terrible document exportation which could take 1 year all on its own. That's not Migri's fault. What I said is plain and clear. It's not my fault if you don't understand it.
esimerkki wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:32 am
And I don't give a damn what you believe.
No need to be so rude. I was being facetious because it's quite hard to understand how any application can get that far without a decision. :roll:
esimerkki wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:59 pm
September 2020
26 months and counting.
That isn't even that long. The fact that you even have queue number so low is what is actually astounding. Most people who applied 1 year ago saw their number go down by maybe 40%. In two years you've basically had the number decreased by 95%.
Last edited by 37yqp8098y5 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:59 pm

PasilanKaveri wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:36 pm
I got requested an answer to the negative opinion of Supo. I now must send the letter explaining something (?) about why I'm considered a possible danger to the state security. They don't list a reason. I will get a negative decision from Migri anyway.
So basically they found you have a criminal history in other country(s)? Well you're gonna have fun trying to debate that with them. If you got notice from SUPO then it's likely deportation and citizenship is the least of your problems.
SMUN wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:42 pm
The only apparent issue here is that it took them 2.5 years to process your application.
SUPO on average takes 2 weeks to process a case and they kept you this long before they finally processed your application.
Where did you get that estimate from? SUPO takes ages, it took almost 2 years in 2011 for one Moroccan guy I know to get deported finally and he fought it non-stop and before you all cry at me about this. He was constantly beating his wife in front of his child. So it was a deserved decision and she was the one who filed for divorce. He tried staying on family 'lies' reason and then work etc. by applying for permits one after the other to slow everything down. Eventually the cops took him from home and flew him out.

Maybe SUPO makes a quick decision but how long it takes for that decision to actually be handed down can take years. Likely they had to wait to see if Migri would make a different decision and that would invalidate their deportation decision.
nicnet wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:22 pm
nicnet wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 pm
Just under 5000.
Today I got positive decision, a few minutes after getting message that my application had moved to processing.
Migri visit was in June this year.
I understand that it seems impossibly unfair that this was so quick, compared to many stories here, but on the other hand my case was very clear.
Crazy fast. Congrats.

A lot of people (at least they seem to think) have pretty straight forward application too.

I think it is far more likely that Migri uses a system that picks an application at random, but provided it is at least 5 months old. You likely got lucky, with there being nothing else to it.
nicnet wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:16 pm
Fully employed for those 23 years here, no criminal record.
So like I said, probably a clear and easy case, which is why assume it only took Migri 18 minutes from opening the application, to making a decision.
They were processing brexit applications sooner with priority some time ago. Maybe they still are.

My friend is similar. Italian, 3 dual nat kids, 20 years in Finland. Married and full-time employed basically the entire time she has been here.
Her 3 kids already have Finnish citizenship from their dad, she doesn't.
She's still waiting 2+ years for a decision.

Everyone on here complains like it's not fair for them but half of the people here don't even have such simple circumstances. It's totally random who gets it. Still won't stop everyone from claiming racism and persecution and directing that frustration at people on the forum here.
Last edited by 37yqp8098y5 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:12 pm

Puustimies wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:04 pm
15/6/22 submitted the application through enterfinland
04/7/22 proved the identity at migri. In the interview the migri officer said that it may take 24 months to process due to large backlog
No idea what my queue number was, I was not aware at that time there was one.
02/11/22 submitted a scan of my new passport through enterfinland (without being asked for it by migri)
17/11/22 got an email at 11:34 that "The processing has begun". At this point I was aware about the queue thing, so checked my number: 4852
17/11/22 got an SMS at 17:19 that the decision was given
Sooooo weird. Maybe during the Summer they started some new system and people with applications after this are being filled this way? Not sure. I know a huge part of the waiting time is usually waiting for all the countries the applicant has lived in, to send criminal check information. Maybe your country was super quick. I agree with others though, it seems random but then there's things like this that make me doubt that again.
esimerkki wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:58 pm
My guess:
I am a sand person, persona non grata.
I can't prove it, no evidence, but I can't find any other reason
Of course racism is always the reason. Real hot take /s :roll:
Someone has to be queue number 283 dude and sometimes that person can be you. My female Italian friend is like 610 last she told me. Should she start thinking that's because of racism?

I miss the old threads where some were waiting 27 months :D much less complaining there and no complaints of racism.
Edward35 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:40 pm
I see it as pure discrimination. Taking more than year to investigate someone because he/she comes developing countries totally unacceptable.
It's not Migri's fault if it takes the person's home country a year to send out the documents.
Look at it like this. Migri absolutely never touch anyone with application less than ~5 months old.
So if it takes 1 year since that 5 month date for the home country to reply with the papers Migri asked. That's already 15 months that person is complaining, but it's no one's fault.

I do agree that Migri could be more transparent though. They could at least say "We are waiting for your home country to send us your criminal history" but the process is meant to be private, so people cannot manipulate things.

Another Algerian friend of mine. I think he waited 31 months. I need to track him down on LinkedIn and ask him again. When I asked him how on earth it could take so long, he said to me "Go to Algeria and you will find out" :D Sad that people on here take it personally and get so frustrated about something no one can do anything about. God knows how those people survived this long in the world. :lol:

In other news.

3,6xx in the queue. Not complaining. Just keep working and making money. :ochesey: