Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Toololainen

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Toololainen » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:32 pm

deleted
Last edited by Toololainen on Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pigrabbit94

Post by pigrabbit94 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:24 am

nicnet wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:56 pm
helkundi wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 am
All the best to everyone going through this process!
While the citizenship process is without doubt, slow, the follow on process of getting a passport is extremely quick.
I received my citizenship decision on 16/11/2022, applied for passport the same day, went to the police for fingerprints and sample signature on 17/11/2022, and received the passport in the post on 21/11/2022. That's ONE working day processing time.
How did you manage to get police appointment on the same day of decision? Appointments are fully booked 2-3 months ahead. Can you share a tip? Or do they accept walk-in?

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:50 am

pizzapasta wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm
Edward35 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:15 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 pm
I guess people who don't get citizenship in 7-8 months will have to wait for the whole period which is 24-26 months. Hopefully all 2021 applicants will get decision until the end of 2023.
Does migri have difficulties with some applicants? End of 2023 ?? SMH 🤦🏽‍♂️
Unfortunately they do have difficulty with some applicants. We all know that infamous list. The average processing time for people from that list of countries is 2 years, regardless of your record in Finland. They have stated that it’s due to unreliability of those countries giving reasons such as corruption or the inability of those countries to keep proper records. Those reason are quite suspicious because since when did migri realize that about those countries as in the past citizens of those countries would get their decisions within the same time frame as others. So some might ask what changed ? I don’t know but people have different theories. For people coming from countries that are not on that list, I cannot understand why anybody would be kept waiting for longer than a year if they have a clean slate. My guess is that for people within this latter category waiting for longer periods, the individual in charge is probably slower at work or maybe extra meticulous (as you know in Finland, the fate of your business usually depends on the person handling your case)
I have a friend from my university who has the same background as I have. We both are from same country of origin (not in list), same age, same marital status (not married), studied at the same university in Finland, working in one professional field, our salaries are almost equal. My friend got a decision after 7 months, and I applied almost 16 months ago and still waiting. I think country is not always an issue.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:31 am

pigrabbit94 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:24 am
nicnet wrote:
helkundi wrote:
While the citizenship process is without doubt, slow, the follow on process of getting a passport is extremely quick.
I received my citizenship decision on 16/11/2022, applied for passport the same day, went to the police for fingerprints and sample signature on 17/11/2022, and received the passport in the post on 21/11/2022. That's ONE working day processing time.
How did you manage to get police appointment on the same day of decision? Appointments are fully booked 2-3 months ahead. Can you share a tip? Or do they accept walk-in?
They are required to process walk-ins.

nicnet

Post by nicnet » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:35 am

Puustimies wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:09 pm
nicnet wrote:
Did you visit a police station in Helsinki or in some other place?
Lohja

nicnet

Post by nicnet » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:36 am

pigrabbit94 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:24 am
nicnet wrote:
helkundi wrote:
Depends where you look. Lohja police station had multiple free appointments for the following day.

Puustimies

Post by Puustimies » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:41 am

nicnet wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:35 am
Puustimies wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:09 pm
nicnet wrote:
Did you visit a police station in Helsinki or in some other place?
Lohja
Thank you for the response. The reason I asked was that there were no appointments available until February at Helsinki Pasila police station. However, I walked in this morning, there was no line and got authenticated with fingerprint scan in just few minutes :D

helkundi

Post by helkundi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:15 am

I just walked in yesterday to the police station in Helsinki and it didn't take me more than 15 minutes of waiting without an appointment. I went close to noon, but I guess generally it is better as early as you are able to go, for a shorter queue. Also just took 1 day to actually get the passport.
Last edited by helkundi on Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helkundi

Post by helkundi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:28 am

I think this document might give some perspective on the identity/document issue: https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/whats ... cedures_en.

sunstar89

Post by sunstar89 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:50 am
pizzapasta wrote:
Edward35 wrote:

Unfortunately they do have difficulty with some applicants. We all know that infamous list. The average processing time for people from that list of countries is 2 years, regardless of your record in Finland. They have stated that it’s due to unreliability of those countries giving reasons such as corruption or the inability of those countries to keep proper records. Those reason are quite suspicious because since when did migri realize that about those countries as in the past citizens of those countries would get their decisions within the same time frame as others. So some might ask what changed ? I don’t know but people have different theories. For people coming from countries that are not on that list, I cannot understand why anybody would be kept waiting for longer than a year if they have a clean slate. My guess is that for people within this latter category waiting for longer periods, the individual in charge is probably slower at work or maybe extra meticulous (as you know in Finland, the fate of your business usually depends on the person handling your case)
I have a friend from my university who has the same background as I have. We both are from same country of origin (not in list), same age, same marital status (not married), studied at the same university in Finland, working in one professional field, our salaries are almost equal. My friend got a decision after 7 months, and I applied almost 16 months ago and still waiting. I think country is not always an issue.
I totally agree. I have almost two other friends, same university, same country (not in the list), almost same profession...they got it in less than 7 month. For me is now 14 month and I am afraid going longer. no idea why. everyday I start to think what is wrong, why they are not giving anything to me, even when I called they said just wait, nothing more. very unfair. we deserve to know why, otherwise it feels just like unjust prioritisation of some applicants over others.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:44 pm

sunstar89 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
pizzapasta wrote:

I totally agree. I have almost two other friends, same university, same country (not in the list), almost same profession...they got it in less than 7 month. For me is now 14 month and I am afraid going longer. no idea why. everyday I start to think what is wrong, why they are not giving anything to me, even when I called they said just wait, nothing more. very unfair. we deserve to know why, otherwise it feels just like unjust prioritisation of some applicants over others.
So who is going to explain the (WHY) to us? Calling and sending them messages comes with same answer Wait. Sometimes I asked myself, have we done something wrong to them?. Where from all these frustrations and anxiety

helkundi

Post by helkundi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:03 pm

Edward35 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:44 pm
So who is going to explain the (WHY) to us? Calling and sending them messages comes with same answer Wait. Sometimes I asked myself, have we done something wrong to them?. Where from all these frustrations and anxiety
Something I considered was that in case my application took a very long time, I would try to get advise from some immigration consultant, as they'd probably know what Migri might be looking for in a little more detail. Of course, this is probably quite expensive and might even be useless.

Disclaimer: Not an advise, just sharing what I was thinking in my time of panic.

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:18 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
pizzapasta wrote:
Edward35 wrote:

Well that’s essentially the point I’m making. For those on that list, it’s almost guaranteed that you’d have to wait 2 years with a few exceptions. However, if your country is not on the list, then you waiting for 7 months, 15 months or whatever it is would primarily be based on the individual who would be in charge of your application. If you’re unlucky to be assigned to a “Karen” or whoever who would like to scrutinize your case thoroughly then you’d probably have to wait longer. I remember my extended residence permit lasted 4 months couple of years back. A friend of mine’s was given the same day with the same scenario as me. It obviously dependent on the officer in charge. It’s the same thing when we have visited banks( same ). I would get a problem rectified for me and he would be told it was impossible to be done for him( same issues clearly handled by different individuals) At some point one officer told me I could not apply for a KELA card. Guess what, my friend was easily given a KELA card when he applied. So yeah a lot of things are like that in Finland. It’s unfair but I guess it is what it is. I’m not saying anything with 100% certainty. I’m only speculating these theories based on some observations I have made over the years.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:01 pm

helkundi wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:03 pm
Edward35 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:44 pm
Something I considered was that in case my application took a very long time, I would try to get advise from some immigration consultant, as they'd probably know what Migri might be looking for in a little more detail. Of course, this is probably quite expensive and might even be useless.

Disclaimer: Not an advise, just sharing what I was thinking in my time of panic.
Please, keep us informed if you will find out something

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:10 pm

I have come to realisation that,waiting too long for your decision really caused mixed feelings. Checking your emails,refreshing your enterfinland account and sms. Hard to go through 🤦🏽‍♂️