Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
LumiPoika

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by LumiPoika » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:30 am

Maaria wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:28 am
PasilanKaveri wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:21 pm
choxobooze wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 pm
Alright! Lets do this

I had my appointment last 11.1
and now my queue is still at around 7500

I think 2022 will pass very slowly for me. :shock:
It doesn't mean that you have to wait 7500 people in front of you. Some complicated applications will be reviewed slower then others. Just don't thing about that and relax.
Just curious. What's considered as complicated application?

Based on the Kamu chatbox, the following factors have impact on the processing time:
Processing your citizenship application may take longer if
  • we have to ask you for further information,
  • you have not filled in every part of the application form,
  • you have requested an exception from the requirements, or
  • you have committed crimes.
And based on applicant observation, for some countries, it takes longer. The list of countries is no longer on the website but it seems it is applied in the background. So at least there are 5 factors.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:17 pm

Hello! Has anyone here gotten an invitation for an interview with Supo?

I have applied for Finnish citizenship and proved my identity at Migri in August 2020 and got a call to attend the interview a few days ago. I live a quiet life and never got even as much as a bus penalty fare, so this came as a complete surprise. Should I be worried?

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:22 pm

Hello!

We have now seen people who got their decisions after 7-8 months. How about people who have waited more than 10 months (way longer than initially estimated time given my migri)? What in your opinion are the reasons behind the longer time it has been taking to process your applications?
I'm asking because migri refuses to provide any explanation or clarification why certain cases take longer while some were processed within days. They had provided this "list" as a scapegoat but now has hidden it. How about other nationals who aren't belong to this "list" that have waited longer, what could be the reasons for the delay?

LumiPoika

Post by LumiPoika » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 am

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:22 pm
Hello!

We have now seen people who got their decisions after 7-8 months. How about people who have waited more than 10 months (way longer than initially estimated time given my migri)? What in your opinion are the reasons behind the longer time it has been taking to process your applications?
I'm asking because migri refuses to provide any explanation or clarification why certain cases take longer while some were processed within days. They had provided this "list" as a scapegoat but now has hidden it. How about other nationals who aren't belong to this "list" that have waited longer, what could be the reasons for the delay?
Considering Brexit, seasonal workers and students who got admission in 2020 but applied for their first residence permit in 2021 year due to the Corona numbers look reasonable to me. All happened in the second quarter of 2021, therefore they allocated more workforce for processing those rather than citizen applications.

I don't have any justification for their slow pace. But based on Migri statistics they worked pretty well in terms of the number of decisions per year in 2021. You can compare with other years as well https://statistics.migri.fi/#decisions

Now my question from all people in the forum is do you know someone who applied in during July-Dec 2021 and got a decision by now?

Decisions 1/2021 - 12/2021 In total 137,982
Residence permit 94,582
International protection 4,086
Citizenship 10,024
Removal from the country 5,256
Travel documents 12,141
Registration of an EU citizen 11,893
Citizenship 11,687
Removal from the country 7,084
Travel documents 9,376
Registration of an EU citizen 8,662

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53 am

hellofelicia wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:17 pm

I have applied for Finnish citizenship and proved my identity at Migri in August 2020 and got a call to attend the interview a few days ago. I live a quiet life and never got even as much as a bus penalty fare, so this came as a complete surprise. Should I be worried?
Not me , not yet , but I have seen atleast two people in this forum who has , it seems to be a standard procedure , and some say they just pick people at random , or if you are from a country that historically dosent have many immigrants to Finland

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am

hotplay wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:26 pm
NaLeKoNa wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:54 pm
SMUN wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:30 am
Is there anyone or anyone who heard about a case about someone in the country list getting a decision before lets say 12 to 18 months?
As per the comments here being in a 'country list' means a decision around 2 years approx so just wondering if there are odd cases.
I know many people in "country list" waiting for 23 to 25 months and still on stage one. Migri is still using that even though they removed it from the website. Guys we need to make complain, we can't be waiting for so long and someone from country XYZ not on the list will get decision in 7 to 9 months, that is not fair, there are good and bad people in every country, Migri should not just assume because you're from the country in the list, it means your information is not reliable.
Migri has little to no part in identiy verification , when you submit an application , an automatic request is made to (supo) along with other govermental agency requesting your information , for example , criminal record from the police ,court rulings from court register,credit report from ulosottovirasto .and your application remains pending until this information is collected .
Now, if you complain the answer will be that until your identity is verfied by (supo) the application will be pending .
The question is , can you influence (supo)'s processing time , the answer is no , they have their own way of collecting background information such as contracts with forigen intellegence agencies , and private intelegence companies and so on, so because the nature of such invistigations , some documents takes longer to verified .because of lack of intelegence partners or rif corruption.
Well most of the people who are applying for citizenship already have a couple of degrees from Finland and/or a permanent residence in this country. They must have already vetted that person to a certian extent at this point so taking that person again from all this process seems redundant or a waste of time and effort IMHO. But of course it's for the authorities to decide as granting citizenship means elevating a resident to a different level.

Just went through the SUPO's website btw and this is what they say:

"Supo promises to carry out vetting investigations within 25 business days. Even though the number of investigations increased, the average processing time in 2021 was only 12 business days, considerably shorter than the targeted time"

From the day they are requested for vetting, on average they take 12 days to clear the case. Pretty efficient I must say. The delay isn't from SUPO I guess if the said vetting in their statement includes the cases from migri as well. Also maybe SUPO isn't the only institution migri seeks information from in this regard.

P.S: A little more transparency or a generic insight on the application process would certainly help.

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:33 am

hellofelicia wrote:

Well, it can't be said that if it is a random interview or you fall into their criteria for an interview. Lately, we've been hearing such cases so one thing is for sure that you are not the first one here. Besides as you said you have been a law-abiding resident so nothing to worry about here. Just keep us posted about how it went if possible. Good luck and on the positive side, they are finally working on your application :D

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:16 pm

LumiPoika wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 am

Now my question from all people in the forum is do you know someone who applied in during July-Dec 2021 and got a decision by now?
Thank you for the response, but I was simply curious about cases in which applicants applied before April 2021, since we have seen people who applied on in April 2021 got their decision but there are still many who applied earlier in 2021 or even in 2020 who haven't gotten their application looked at.

So what could be the reason behind all of this? If Migri was occupied with brexit applications & other residence permit matters, what explains why there are still applications who got their decision within 8 months while others have been waiting for more than a year?

lokkii

Post by lokkii » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm asking in this thread as it might be somewhat relevant. Could you give me some advice in which residence permit I should be applying to?
I applied for citizenship a year ago and my residence permit (työ) is about to expire. I never thought I would have to apply for residence permit as I believe I would get my citizenship decision before my permit expire but it seems to take longer as migri keeps extending the processing time.
Should I be applying for another 4 year jatkolupa for work (processing time 2-3 months) or pysyvä (processing time 11-14m)

It's crazy how processing time could take this long and it means that you're basically trapped in finland while your permit is getting processed.

ktrnc

Post by ktrnc » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:07 pm

SMUN wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:33 am
hellofelicia wrote:

Well, it can't be said that if it is a random interview or you fall into their criteria for an interview. Lately, we've been hearing such cases so one thing is for sure that you are not the first one here. Besides as you said you have been a law-abiding resident so nothing to worry about here. Just keep us posted about how it went if possible. Good luck and on the positive side, they are finally working on your application :D

Actually it does not mean that they are working on your application since SUPO is an independent entity :D I applied in Feb 2021, interviewed with SUPO early summer, and still heard nothing. But for the interview, nothing to worry about, unless you have some kind of 'special' background.

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:28 pm

SMUN wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am
hotplay wrote:
NaLeKoNa wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:54 pm

I know many people in "country list" waiting for 23 to 25 months and still on stage one. Migri is still using that even though they removed it from the website. Guys we need to make complain, we can't be waiting for so long and someone from country XYZ not on the list will get decision in 7 to 9 months, that is not fair, there are good and bad people in every country, Migri should not just assume because you're from the country in the list, it means your information is not reliable.
Migri has little to no part in identiy verification , when you submit an application , an automatic request is made to (supo) along with other govermental agency requesting your information , for example , criminal record from the police ,court rulings from court register,credit report from ulosottovirasto .and your application remains pending until this information is collected .
Now, if you complain the answer will be that until your identity is verfied by (supo) the application will be pending .
The question is , can you influence (supo)'s processing time , the answer is no , they have their own way of collecting background information such as contracts with forigen intellegence agencies , and private intelegence companies and so on, so because the nature of such invistigations , some documents takes longer to verified .because of lack of intelegence partners or rif corruption.
Well most of the people who are applying for citizenship already have a couple of degrees from Finland and/or a permanent residence in this country. They must have already vetted that person to a certian extent at this point so taking that person again from all this process seems redundant or a waste of time and effort IMHO. But of course it's for the authorities to decide as granting citizenship means elevating a resident to a different level.

"Supo promises to carry out vetting investigations within 25 business days. Even though the number of investigations increased, the average processing time in 2021 was only 12 business days, considerably shorter than the targeted time"

From the day they are requested for vetting, on average they take 12 days to clear the case. Pretty efficient I must say. The delay isn't from SUPO I guess if the said vetting in their statement includes the cases from migri as well. Also maybe SUPO isn't the only institution migri seeks information from in this regard.

P.S: A little more transparency or a generic insight on the application process would certainly help.
You are right , and in princepal , yes m a person who has a university degree , would likely be an identified person, but there are those odd cases of false identity , where a person would come to finland and assume a new identity .or change some details . for example most refugees have no country of origin documents , but they are given finnish travel documents and id cards and the name they claim to be theirs. and later athey too get permanent residence.because due to international law , they don't have to proof beyond reasonable doubt the particulars of their asylum case .only "plausable" prrof is required. but for citizenship the level of "proof" of identiy is much more stringent .

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:07 pm

hotplay wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:28 pm
SMUN wrote:
hotplay wrote:

You are right , and in princepal , yes m a person who has a university degree , would likely be an identified person, but there are those odd cases of false identity , where a person would come to finland and assume a new identity .or change some details . for example most refugees have no country of origin documents , but they are given finnish travel documents and id cards and the name they claim to be theirs. and later athey too get permanent residence.because due to international law , they don't have to proof beyond reasonable doubt the particulars of their asylum case .only "plausable" prrof is required. but for citizenship the level of "proof" of identiy is much more stringent .
I was actually talking about individuals in the country list. The ones who arrived in Finland without the passport are for obvious reasons being put on a separate processing list and this is what they clearly state on their website. The average processing time for their country list applicants has been 2 years lately. It is not as if the investigating agencies take 2 years for their vetting, as this seems like an intentional holding practice from migri. For instance, SUPO says they process the cases in 12 days. Someone replied above that they were interviewed by SUPO back in summer so SUPO apparently did their part and yet the individual is awaiting a decision from migri after almost 8-9 months. What sort of investigation takes 2 years in this day and age?

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:36 pm

SMUN wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:07 pm
hotplay wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:28 pm
SMUN wrote:

I was actually talking about individuals in the country list. The ones who arrived in Finland without the passport are for obvious reasons being put on a separate processing list and this is what they clearly state on their website. The average processing time for their country list applicants has been 2 years lately. It is not as if the investigating agencies take 2 years for their vetting, as this seems like an intentional holding practice from migri. For instance, SUPO says they process the cases in 12 days. Someone replied above that they were interviewed by SUPO back in summer so SUPO apparently did their part and yet the individual is awaiting a decision from migri after almost 8-9 months. What sort of investigation takes 2 years in this day and age?
I agree , it is frustrating ,they have been focused on processing work permits , and reduced the time in half , same for students it takes around a month to get a study permit , and citizenship is considered low priority and left at the back burner....although it is the most expensive application ....

Favchild

Post by Favchild » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:33 am

I got the positive desicion today, got my interview at the end of june 2021.

LumiPoika

Post by LumiPoika » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:48 pm

Favchild wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:33 am
I got the positive desicion today, got my interview at the end of june 2021.
Wow, congrats. Thanks for sharing the good news :wink: :)

Would you please tell us for how long have you been living in Finland?
Your country was on the list?
Do you think the queue number indicates something? do you remember what was your queue number?