Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
boy30062021

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by boy30062021 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:23 pm

Stone360 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:55 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:26 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:38 am

Cool!
I'm now 19xx in queue. And I still have a hope to get the decision at least before summer.
We have almost the same mine is 18xx. Maybe around summer, we will get it :D :D :D
Mine is 15xx
This is funny in the same long queue still people who applied later get before those who applied earlier. I start to think that it looks like something randomly chosen to be processed. Let's say we are all in that 3rd group that takes 27 months, Migri claims whenever someone called that things are processed based on the queue if we are all in the same queue and still people behind get it that is weird. What is really annoying is that our files have never been opened and they assigned us to a long queue. No other requirements are checked, If there is something that should be totally dismissed I would say the Finnish immigration service. They do not have any logic in handling applications at all.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:05 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:23 pm

This is funny in the same long queue still people who applied later get before those who applied earlier. I start to think that it looks like something randomly chosen to be processed. Let's say we are all in that 3rd group that takes 27 months, Migri claims whenever someone called that things are processed based on the queue if we are all in the same queue and still people behind get it that is weird. What is really annoying is that our files have never been opened and they assigned us to a long queue. No other requirements are checked, If there is something that should be totally dismissed I would say the Finnish immigration service. They do not have any logic in handling applications at all.
As we know for sure there are two main groups of applicants:
1) those who had all needed documents before arriving to Finland (like national passport and RP made in advance). Expected processing time up to 16 months.
2) people who didn't have this documents, and also people from migri's blacklist countries. Expected time is up to 27 months.

I think some of applications belonging to the first group were assigned to second group queue. Just for no reason. Random additional check. Especially if second group applicant are being checked by some smaller group of more experienced workers. It is explaining relatively long processing time.

People were mentioned here that there are even more groups for applicants. But I do not really believe that there are different lines for people "only from Russia" or "only from EU" or "only for family ties" or "only for people with 6000 euro per month and with 10 finnish kids". People who have same background as me got decisions much faster for no reason.

But this all is my own guess. I have no proves. Just continuing discussion with you guys, because my friends got their citizenships in 7-9 months and do not understand my worries and struggling.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:42 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:05 pm
boy30062021 wrote:

1) those who had all needed documents before arriving to Finland (like national passport and RP made in advance). Expected processing time up to 16 months.
2) people who didn't have this documents, and also people from migri's blacklist countries. Expected time is up to 27 months.

I think some of applications belonging to the first group were assigned to second group queue. Just for no reason. Random additional check. Especially if second group applicant are being checked by some smaller group of more experienced workers. It is explaining relatively long processing time.

People were mentioned here that there are even more groups for applicants. But I do not really believe that there are different lines for people "only from Russia" or "only from EU" or "only for family ties" or "only for people with 6000 euro per month and with 10 finnish kids". People who have same background as me got decisions much faster for no reason.

But this all is my own guess. I have no proves. Just continuing discussion with you guys, because my friends got their citizenships in 7-9 months and do not understand my worries and struggling.
It is very sad. I have been waiting over 18 months and I know 5 people who applied after me all in 2022 and all got theirs. What I do not understand is that if there is backlog from 2020 and 2021 why they do not process from previous year first? Very discriminating system at Migri

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:56 pm

Is it okay if I ask you what's your profession here in Finland? Did you get any traffic fines from police for overspeeding?
boy30062021 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:42 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:05 pm
boy30062021 wrote:

It is very sad. I have been waiting over 18 months and I know 5 people who applied after me all in 2022 and all got theirs. What I do not understand is that if there is backlog from 2020 and 2021 why they do not process from previous year first? Very discriminating system at Migri

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:05 pm

You guys @ kikibje @ nicnet got decisions in 5 months. Congratulations!!!!
is it possible to know your nationalities and your profession in Finland pls? Did you guys come to Finland as a student or family ties? I just want to understand why my friend has been waiting for 23 months to get decision from Migri.
kalaizanala wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:20 pm
I was collecting some statistics for the last three months related to this forum users citizenship waiting time. It's seems like this month migri was processing more old applications than previously.

December:
skull_maito - 21 months
ddddd - 18 months
random1 - 22 and half months, queue number was 9XX
eniokooza - 16 months
kocool12 - 29 months
Kikibje - 5 months
Suomenmestari - 12 months
pigrabbit94 - 18 months

November:
Dragun38 - queue number 454x
helkundi - 5 months, queue number around 47xx
Puustimies - 5 months, 4852
nicnet - 5 months, 4913
Swede - citizenship declaration, 7 months
jokumies - 6 months

October
tyhmäpöllö - 6 months, queue 46xx
Antnon - 7 months, queue number 4500
som111th - 7 months
d12 - 16 months, queue 20xx
tietokone - queue number 2140, 15 months and 12 days

nicnet

Post by nicnet » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:03 pm

Daniel2016 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:05 pm
is it possible to know your nationalities and your profession in Finland pls? Did you guys come to Finland as a student or family ties? I just want to understand why my friend has been waiting for 23 months to get decision from Migri.
British/IT sector/came to Finland decades ago as an EU citizen with my Finnish wife.
Easy decision I would say for migri to make post-Brexit.

Daniel2016

Post by Daniel2016 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:44 pm

Thanks mate for the swift reply!

I got the points now. Migri sure know what they are doing.
nicnet wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:03 pm
Daniel2016 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:05 pm
British/IT sector/came to Finland decades ago as an EU citizen with my Finnish wife.
Easy decision I would say for migri to make post-Brexit.

Ha-Nguyen

Post by Ha-Nguyen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 am

AidenPou wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:44 pm
yrtti wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:22 pm
AidenPou wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:14 pm
Mine also 13 months and still on Stage 1 😔.

It is unfair and inhuman of Migri to behave in such manners. I feel helpless and stress out when I see people receive their decision, but mine not even started. so from now on, I will stop following this forum and comments here. Because the more I read, the more sad I get, more stress and anxiety I feel.

I try to be patient and live my life. I suggest you do so.
You don't NEED citizenship. It's a privilege that you have to earn. So saying that the waiting is "inhuman" and "unfair" is just ridiculous. You need an entire background check to make sure that they aren't going to approve someone who doesn't meet the requirements. It's a decision that is incredibly difficult for them to take back so they have to be sure about everything.

How do you propose that the submission and approval process should go then? But yes, I think if you are suffering some mental anguish from just waiting, even you have the right to live and work here in the meantime. Then the answer is to stop reading this thread and get on with your life in the meantime.
You lack sympathy. Apparently you never been subjected to Racism or Sexism in your life. You have no idea how dose it feel when all your European and Females friends get their decision in 7 months (some even sooner), and you are the only one that his application hasn't been even started.

I don't mind the check and the wait, Migri can check my application as much as they want/need. It's their job and I am totally ok with it. But at least start my application on my queue. That is all I want.

I am working 8 years here, paying a lot of taxes. It is a least my rights to ask a governmental organisation as why my application is not started (meanwhile my friends who applied in same week got theirs application started in December) and get a fair answer. Not just a copy past answer that the processing time is 25 month.
@AidenPou Hope you got a positive decision by now! May I ask, if you wanna share, when did you go for the interview/ identification appointment and the trips (residence time) at that point in time? After lots of cases read so far my biggest observation is we compare the waiting time from identity appointment to a positive decision so my hypothesis is that (besides other reasons like country list or more legal check needed etc.) one reason why someone "gets stuck" in stage 1 or waiting to be processed is simply because they haven't met the "continuous residence" or "accumulated residence" time.

At least that one for me is the most confusing part and took a good dozen emails clarifying with Migri staff to verify if my trips affected this requirement or not. And they have been really helpful & patient explaining to me. Especially when later on I wrote in Finnish. Maybe it's easier to write in their mother tongue and give more detailed answer.

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:43 pm

Ha-Nguyen wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 am
AidenPou wrote:
yrtti wrote:

You don't NEED citizenship. It's a privilege that you have to earn. So saying that the waiting is "inhuman" and "unfair" is just ridiculous. You need an entire background check to make sure that they aren't going to approve someone who doesn't meet the requirements. It's a decision that is incredibly difficult for them to take back so they have to be sure about everything.

How do you propose that the submission and approval process should go then? But yes, I think if you are suffering some mental anguish from just waiting, even you have the right to live and work here in the meantime. Then the answer is to stop reading this thread and get on with your life in the meantime.
You lack sympathy. Apparently you never been subjected to Racism or Sexism in your life. You have no idea how dose it feel when all your European and Females friends get their decision in 7 months (some even sooner), and you are the only one that his application hasn't been even started.

I don't mind the check and the wait, Migri can check my application as much as they want/need. It's their job and I am totally ok with it. But at least start my application on my queue. That is all I want.

I am working 8 years here, paying a lot of taxes. It is a least my rights to ask a governmental organisation as why my application is not started (meanwhile my friends who applied in same week got theirs application started in December) and get a fair answer. Not just a copy past answer that the processing time is 25 month.
@AidenPou Hope you got a positive decision by now! May I ask, if you wanna share, when did you go for the interview/ identification appointment and the trips (residence time) at that point in time? After lots of cases read so far my biggest observation is we compare the waiting time from identity appointment to a positive decision so my hypothesis is that (besides other reasons like country list or more legal check needed etc.) one reason why someone "gets stuck" in stage 1 or waiting to be processed is simply because they haven't met the "continuous residence" or "accumulated residence" time.

At least that one for me is the most confusing part and took a good dozen emails clarifying with Migri staff to verify if my trips affected this requirement or not. And they have been really helpful & patient explaining to me. Especially when later on I wrote in Finnish. Maybe it's easier to write in their mother tongue and give more detailed answer.

Do you mean that your trips abroad influence the residence time? even if it was in the allowed period of absences?
I meet the requirement and still my application did not move from stage 1

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:44 pm

Ha-Nguyen wrote:
AidenPou wrote:
yrtti wrote:

Do you mean that your trips abroad influence the residence time? even if it was in the allowed period of absences?

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm

No_doo wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:44 pm
Ha-Nguyen wrote:
AidenPou wrote:

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:32 pm

Stone360 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm
No_doo wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:44 pm
Ha-Nguyen wrote:

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:22 am

Does anyone know if benefits from Kela delay the processing of the application? I received benefits from Kela and my union for a couple of months like in 2019, then I found new employment later, and since then, I am employed all time.

mani121

Post by mani121 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:38 am

No_doo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:22 am
Does anyone know if benefits from Kela delay the processing of the application? I received benefits from Kela and my union for a couple of months like in 2019, then I found new employment later, and since then, I am employed all time.
No it won't. The only thing what mattes is Migri's corrupt system. If they want they can reject the people with 0 kela benefit (e.g. Mongolian nurse and Wolt worker) and if they want to accept they can accept the person living all its life on kela without any special reason. So, at the end, hypocrisy wins here.

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:05 pm

No_doo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:22 am
It should not make a difference at all. The important thing is to show clearly how your income has been generated. Many people (including myself) have been on union/KELA benefits at one point or the other and this has not delayed their citizenship application processing time.
ImageImage