Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
boy30062021

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by boy30062021 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:21 pm

Mamu wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:29 pm
Scolix wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:45 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:25 pm
Today I got this weird message below. They send me to email as encrypted message

Hei,
Maahanmuuttovirasto on käsitellyt 23.6.2022 yhteydenottoanne hallintokanteluna. Ohessa 28.7.2022 tehty Maahanmuuttoviraston ratkaisu asiassa.

olette Maahanmuuttovirastolle 23.6.2022 saapuneessa sähköpostiviestissä arvostellut kansalaisuushakemuksenne pitkää käsittelyaikaa. Viestinne on otettu Maahanmuuttovirastossa käsittelyyn hallintokanteluna. Olette vireyttänyt kansalaisuushakemuksenne sähköisesti sekä käynyt tunnistautumassa viraston palvelupisteessä 20.6.2021. Hakemuksenne on siirretty työjonoon odottamaan käsittelyä. Tiedustellessanne käsittelyaikaa 8.7.2021 on teille annettu käsittelyaika-arvioksi 6-13 kuukautta. Tiedustellessanne uudelleen 21.3.2022 on käsittelyaika-arvioksi annettu 9-23 kuukautta. Tiedustellessanne käsittelyaikaa kolmannen kerran 5.6.2022, on arvioksi annettu 25 kuukautta. Maahanmuuttovirasto on selvittänyt kanteluasiaa kuulemalla kansalaisuusasioista vastaavaa yksikköä. Lisäksi asiaa on selvitetty tarkastelemalla kansalaisuushakemustanne koskevista asioista viraston asiankäsittelyjärjestelmään merkittyjä tietoja.

Second part in the message says this does that mean they are going to make it better soon.

Kansalaisuushakemusten käsittelylle on asetettu käsittelyaikatavoitteeksi 12
kuukautta. Hakemuksenne on ollut vireillä noin 13 kuukautta, mikä vastaa
lähes keskimääräistä käsittelyaikatavoitetta. Toistaiseksi hakemuksenne
käsittelyssä ei siis ole ylitetty kohtuuttomasti Maahanmuuttoviraston asettamaa
käsittelyaikatavoitetta, eikä se poikkea vastaavien hakemusten
keskimääräisestä käsittelyajasta.

Viivästys johtuu Maahanmuuttoviraston yleisestä jonotilanteesta, kasvaneista
hakemusmääristä sekä vajauksesta henkilöstöresursseissa. Ylimmät
laillisuusvalvojat ovat kuitenkin katsoneet, etteivät ruuhkautunut työtilanne tai
vajaukset henkilöstöresursseissa ole hyväksyttäviä syitä pitkille käsittelyajoille.
Maahanmuuttovirasto on ryhtynyt toimiin kansalaisuushakemusten
nopeamman käsittelyn mahdollistamiseksi sekä ruuhkautuneen työtilanteen
kohentamiseksi lisäämällä vastuualueen henkilöstöresursseja. Lisähenkilöstön
odotetaan edistävän työjonon purkamista merkittävästi.

Anyone know what does that mean? Has anyone received such message?
It looks like they have responded to your complaint after a months time. Migri claims to have taken steps to reduce the congestion by increasing human resources.

You might get the decision soon because of your complaint. But nothing is sure until you see them. They could have actually taken the time to give you the decision instead of writing a long letter. They have been telling the same story over and over again. Their plan of speeding the processing time including automation for citizenship applications. What kind of automated system prolongs for 1-2 years?

Migri is very much capable of processing the application faster. Couple or so years back, I have heard many people get it under 2 months. For some reason, citizenship is not high priority even though you pay the highest application fees. If they really intend to reduce the congestion, they need to hire more. The current hires is still not enough. With just 10-30 drop in queue number, does it mean only that much people get decisions per day?

This year 50% people who got their decisions had an average processing time of 8-10 months. Very few got it 4-6 months. Most people are waiting for over a year even though their case might seem straight forward.
They said nothing changes and you can travel have normal life with the permanent residence permit.
I hope that helps you.
Are we reading the same Finnish language 🤣🤣? I cannot see anywhere where they mentionned travel or permanent residence thing at least I could not see anything about in the long text 😅😅😅 if I am wrong please show that to me

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:55 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:21 pm
Mamu wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:29 pm
Scolix wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:45 pm

It looks like they have responded to your complaint after a months time. Migri claims to have taken steps to reduce the congestion by increasing human resources.

You might get the decision soon because of your complaint. But nothing is sure until you see them. They could have actually taken the time to give you the decision instead of writing a long letter. They have been telling the same story over and over again. Their plan of speeding the processing time including automation for citizenship applications. What kind of automated system prolongs for 1-2 years?

Migri is very much capable of processing the application faster. Couple or so years back, I have heard many people get it under 2 months. For some reason, citizenship is not high priority even though you pay the highest application fees. If they really intend to reduce the congestion, they need to hire more. The current hires is still not enough. With just 10-30 drop in queue number, does it mean only that much people get decisions per day?

This year 50% people who got their decisions had an average processing time of 8-10 months. Very few got it 4-6 months. Most people are waiting for over a year even though their case might seem straight forward.
They said nothing changes and you can travel have normal life with the permanent residence permit.
I hope that helps you.
Are we reading the same Finnish language 🤣🤣? I cannot see anywhere where they mentionned travel or permanent residence thing at least I could not see anything about in the long text 😅😅😅 if I am wrong please show that to me
You didn’t understand the point,If you are from non eu or Muhammed ,Abdul , Ahmad maximum 2 years at the moment waiting period. whatever Migri wait bfore you commit the crime after that you get decision. It’s how does it working like 21 century.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:29 am

Mamu wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:55 pm
You didn’t understand the point,If you are from non eu or Muhammed ,Abdul , Ahmad maximum 2 years at the moment waiting period. whatever Migri wait bfore you commit the crime after that you get decision. It’s how does it working like 21 century.
It took almost 18 months for me a ‘John Smith’ from USA/Canada. And mine was a straightforward case with high paying job, etc. So I don’t see evidence for your discrimination theory.

You made a complaint and they took the time and resources to investigate and respond thoroughly. Unfortunately for applicants the process is not more transparent for security reasons so we are left guessing.

I hope you get positive decision soon. Waiting sucks but remember if you meet all the requirements then you have nothing to worry about. They have to eventually give you citizenship once whatever their process requires is complete.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:43 am

heretostay wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:29 am
Mamu wrote:
It took almost 18 months for me a ‘John Smith’ from USA/Canada. And mine was a straightforward case with high paying job, etc. So I don’t see evidence for your discrimination theory.

You made a complaint and they took the time and resources to investigate and respond thoroughly. Unfortunately for applicants the process is not more transparent for security reasons so we are left guessing.

I hope you get positive decision soon. Waiting sucks but remember if you meet all the requirements then you have nothing to worry about. They have to eventually give you citizenship once whatever their process requires is complete.
Thank you for your reply. I just wrote them to know why so many people I know that I applied after me are getting it before me. I wanted to know based on what some people are treated as first class to be processed before others. It is frustrating for a person just to guess why his case is taking so long, but I have nothing to worry about I have 0 crime and have permanent contract with high paying job. Now I am just relaxed anytime they are ready they can process mine.

d12

Post by d12 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:18 pm

[/quote]

Thank you for your reply. I just wrote them to know why so many people I know that I applied after me are getting it before me. I wanted to know based on what some people are treated as first class to be processed before others. It is frustrating for a person just to guess why his case is taking so long, but I have nothing to worry about I have 0 crime and have permanent contract with high paying job. Now I am just relaxed anytime they are ready they can process mine.
[/quote]

At least you've made an effort to gain information about your concerns and rights. But unfortunately, many people do not understand that this process truly impacts the lives of some applicants. And the impact is not in a form justifiable for Migri's speed-up process. Migri organises its resources based on the pressure they feel. They will direct resources there if the government asks them to ease certain processes to respond to an inevitable crisis. Our voices likewise may influence them. I noticed many people who applied in November already got the decision. Suppose, for example, that Migri has assigned an applicant to an officer about to go on maternity leave. In that case, I hope Migri reassigns the applicant to another officer. It would not be fair to put the applicant's life on hold just because the officer has a new plan for her/his own life

esimerkki

Post by esimerkki » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:32 pm

heretostay wrote:
Mamu wrote:
well, I would be happy with 18 months.

BR
Abdul Brown

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:59 pm

I can share a story that happened to me couple of years ago. After university graduation I applied for "looking for a job" type permit. There were three other fellow students who applied for same type permits, but one or two weeks later than me. And guess what, all of them got their decisions in less than one month, but Migri made me wait for 4 months. We were the same age, moved from same country, graduated from same university, same programm, had a bank account in a same bank with a same amount of money. For my requests Migri was giving same answer like - "all applications are different, don’t dare to compare your waiting time to others, please, wait patiently". But I knew that our applications are 100 % equal. If there is any special queue existing for applications, then I could go before my friend’s applications. But this didn’t happen.
Finally, I found a job and I was going to apply for work based permit. At that moment the decision for granting me "looking for a job" permit was made, but I was waiting for card delivery. When was applying for work permit, I was asked for my current permit card, so I told my situation to the lady at service point. She said that it is very strange that Migri made me wait for so long and there was no any single reason for such a delay. Because usually, this kind of decision takes one month and I was waiting for 4 months. And she said that we can check the name of the officer who was making a decision for me. And now guys, what a shock! She found out that she was the officer who was giving me this decision! So, this lady didn't give me any adequate answer why my decision comes so late. May be because it was her fault and she didn’t want to admit it. May be the system for application distribution between Migri officers work improperly.
But I think that Migri is a slow and stupid governmental office that lives on our taxes and has no incentives for development. They probably work very poorly and sometimes lose or skip applications. They remember about applications when the deadline for processing is delayed or almost over. I don't think they have a well thought out plan for reviewing all applications, they just sort them out randomly. If you get a decision on time, you are lucky. If you haven't received it, you can write a complaint, maybe it will be considered, and all the same, Migri will not receive any punishment for his misdeeds.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:28 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:59 pm
I can share a story that happened to me couple of years ago. After university graduation I applied for "looking for a job" type permit. There were three other fellow students who applied for same type permits, but one or two weeks later than me. And guess what, all of them got their decisions in less than one month, but Migri made me wait for 4 months. We were the same age, moved from same country, graduated from same university, same programm, had a bank account in a same bank with a same amount of money. For my requests Migri was giving same answer like - "all applications are different, don’t dare to compare your waiting time to others, please, wait patiently". But I knew that our applications are 100 % equal. If there is any special queue existing for applications, then I could go before my friend’s applications. But this didn’t happen.
Finally, I found a job and I was going to apply for work based permit. At that moment the decision for granting me "looking for a job" permit was made, but I was waiting for card delivery. When was applying for work permit, I was asked for my current permit card, so I told my situation to the lady at service point. She said that it is very strange that Migri made me wait for so long and there was no any single reason for such a delay. Because usually, this kind of decision takes one month and I was waiting for 4 months. And she said that we can check the name of the officer who was making a decision for me. And now guys, what a shock! She found out that she was the officer who was giving me this decision! So, this lady didn't give me any adequate answer why my decision comes so late. May be because it was her fault and she didn’t want to admit it. May be the system for application distribution between Migri officers work improperly.
But I think that Migri is a slow and stupid governmental office that lives on our taxes and has no incentives for development. They probably work very poorly and sometimes lose or skip applications. They remember about applications when the deadline for processing is delayed or almost over. I don't think they have a well thought out plan for reviewing all applications, they just sort them out randomly. If you get a decision on time, you are lucky. If you haven't received it, you can write a complaint, maybe it will be considered, and all the same, Migri will not receive any punishment for his misdeeds.
I got your frustration and you are totally right. I applied permanent and I have to call them ask them why they made me wait and I got it without that I will be waiting still. For my citizenship again after 1 month if I dont get I will write complain again. My recent complained was taken as case and I am waiting soo if I do not get decision I will complain again and again. At least I will force them to look into my case 😅😅. Many people are scared to fight for their right and if everyone remains calm they will make other suffers. Citizenship application is the most expensive type and taken as low priority which is not at all fair. Lets hope things get better soon 😊

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:46 pm

Last edited by ddddd on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:59 pm

ddddd wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:46 pm
esimerkki wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:32 pm
heretostay wrote:

BR
Abdul Brown
Same here. If I had a guarantee of getting my citizenship after 18 months, I would shut up and wait patiently. It is the stringing-along and false promises that really drive people (including me) mad. And anytime anyone dares to complain that it seems that people from certain ethnic backgrounds (the Abduls and Mohammeds) are being treated differently from others, people pop up with the "well actually, I am not an Abdul and I am also waiting so there can't be discrimination", even though as recently as 2 years ago, the evidence for this discrimination was clearly put up on the migri website in the form of the country list. Sure, a few John and Jane Smiths are having to wait longer than their average countryman (which is a shame, nobody deserves this bs from migri) but the fact is that the average Abdul and Aliyah are waiting much, much longer than the average John Smith or Park Wong is.
I highly doubt that all the officials handling the Mohammeds are on maternity leave...
Isn't there a unit dealing with this cruelty? Prosecutor or anyone or Police Where to start, someone should tell them the limit?

mani121

Post by mani121 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:37 pm

Mamu wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:59 pm
ddddd wrote:
esimerkki wrote:

BR
Abdul Brown
Same here. If I had a guarantee of getting my citizenship after 18 months, I would shut up and wait patiently. It is the stringing-along and false promises that really drive people (including me) mad. And anytime anyone dares to complain that it seems that people from certain ethnic backgrounds (the Abduls and Mohammeds) are being treated differently from others, people pop up with the "well actually, I am not an Abdul and I am also waiting so there can't be discrimination", even though as recently as 2 years ago, the evidence for this discrimination was clearly put up on the migri website in the form of the country list. Sure, a few John and Jane Smiths are having to wait longer than their average countryman (which is a shame, nobody deserves this bs from migri) but the fact is that the average Abdul and Aliyah are waiting much, much longer than the average John Smith or Park Wong is.
I highly doubt that all the officials handling the Mohammeds are on maternity leave...
Isn't there a unit dealing with this cruelty? Prosecutor or anyone or Police Where to start, someone should tell them the limit?
They are all one and playing this game together. Do you think only Migri is responsible for this? If yes, we are very naive.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:50 pm

mani121 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:37 pm
Mamu wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:59 pm
ddddd wrote:

They are all one and playing this game together. Do you think only Migri is responsible for this? If yes, we are very naive.
Yes they all playing this game together with our tax money so someone needs to be changing the game…

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:47 pm

esimerkki wrote:
heretostay wrote:
Mamu wrote:

BR
Abdul Brown
I personally knew few muslim people from Iraq and from Pakistan who are living here in Finland. They are bright, friendly, polite people and always in a good attitude. I wish you to be brave and persistent and fight for you rights if it is needed. Life has never been perfect, I hope all of your current difficulties will be gone forever and everybody will be treated equally in the bright future. I wish you all the best and get your citizenships as soon as possible.

esimerkki

Post by esimerkki » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:12 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:47 pm
esimerkki wrote:
heretostay wrote:

BR
Abdul Brown
I personally knew few muslim people from Iraq and from Pakistan who are living here in Finland. They are bright, friendly, polite people and always in a good attitude. I wish you to be brave and persistent and fight for you rights if it is needed. Life has never been perfect, I hope all of your current difficulties will be gone forever and everybody will be treated equally in the bright future. I wish you all the best and get your citizenships as soon as possible.
Thank you for your positive attitude, much appreciated

Wish you the same mate, an equal and fair treatment.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:52 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:28 pm

I got your frustration and you are totally right. I applied permanent and I have to call them ask them why they made me wait and I got it without that I will be waiting still. For my citizenship again after 1 month if I dont get I will write complain again. My recent complained was taken as case and I am waiting soo if I do not get decision I will complain again and again. At least I will force them to look into my case 😅😅. Many people are scared to fight for their right and if everyone remains calm they will make other suffers. Citizenship application is the most expensive type and taken as low priority which is not at all fair. Lets hope things get better soon 😊
How long did it take for your PR application? Did you get your decision only after you called? After how many months did you make the call? Does calling them really help with the speed of processing? I thought if you had two parallel applications, citizenship gets processed faster.