Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
pizzapasta

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by pizzapasta » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:11 pm

random1 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:14 pm
I have been waiting from 22 and half months, received Positive decision today. Got no email, no sms . Just randomly checking my enterfinland account saw that decision was taken yesterday. Country in the list. Queue number two days ago was 9XX.
Good luck to all those who are waiting patiently.
Congrats!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

toivosuomi

Post by toivosuomi » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:24 pm

nicnet wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:47 am
Application submitted last week 15/06/2022.
Visited MIGRI (easy!) yesterday 17/06/2022.
Queue number allocated today - 7357.

Time to forget this now for a year ....
similar situation here, how's it going?

skull_maito

Post by skull_maito » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:24 pm

:)

skull_maito

Post by skull_maito » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:32 pm

skull_maito wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:32 am
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:43 pm
skull_maito wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:37 pm
So the reason Migri gave about the delay is;
They have an automation system in place that categorises different applicants into 4 groups;
1st group gets decision within 7-8 months;
2nd group gets decision within 15-16 months;
3rd group gets decision around 26 months;
4th group gets decision around 20 to 25 months.
This is such a stupid thing that I am not even sure if I believe this is true. I want to believe what you said, but it just sounds absolutely idiotic, that people are put into a specific queue based on their host nationality. I'm from a "picture perfect" country, so why then am I still waiting over 1 year :D? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Still I thank you for the explanation and shedding some light on this.
pizzapasta wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:49 pm
Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting how some of our suspicions have actually been confirmed. The fact that they had to expunge that infamous list from their website clearly indicates that they are trying to hide the unfairness from the public while they continually treat folks differently based solely on their counties of origin.
It was already explained that the list exists because those host countries suck. Their processes are outdated and completely incompatible with first world countries. They are difficult to deal with, do not have any dedicated measures for collaborating with other nations and in general cannot be trusted due to high levels of corruption. That's nothing that Migri can do anything about. So your "le racism" argument is just stupid. You're starting to sound like a broken record.
kocool12 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:02 am
Finally got my decision after 29months.
Big congrats. That's a long time. Guess it was positive?
Edward35 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:37 am
I think they purposely there to break their customers down as they did to the Mongolia lady. In every situation customers comes first mutta migri treat some customers unfairly.
You should talk to a professional about this paranoia you have.
eniokooza wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:08 pm
I got a positive decision yesterday. After waiting 16 months,
I called them last Thursday and asked if they needed additional documents and why was application not attended to.
The lady apologized she had no explanation but will forward my complain to the case officer. The same day I went to stage 2 and yesterday decision was made.
Thank you all for the information shared on the forum. :thumbsup:
Someone who actually got some information from calling. No way this can be a coincidence. Congrats btw.

As usual things work best through nepotism. My wife and I were waiting some years ago for a heavily delayed paper which we needed to get married. It was taking forever and wedding date was already booked. We finally got it a few days before the ceremony, barely enough time to get the flights and make the ceremony overseas. We handed the paper directly into Väestörekisterikeskus and asked them really nicely if they could process it immediately and email the certificate so we can get married. They said yes and did it within 2 hours. The official timeframe I remember they had on the site was 2-4 weeks. So as usual, begging does work if it's so important. Likely no one is going to refuse you to your face, but it's much easier for them to read from a script on the phone or via email.

EDIT: Queue number seems to be moving very quickly this month (not that I think it means anything). Normally see it dropping 50 per week, now it has dropped over 100 per week.
Well, I have a documented response letter that was addressed and sent to my address with detailed description I explained above. Even my partner was so much shocked the choice of words in printed letters and this particular explanation of delay was coming from a government agency in this 21st century.

With respect to the list of '3rd world countries' as being described by Migri, about 5 or more years ago, applicants from these same under listed countries have their applications treated and decided all within 12 months, so what could have changed all in a matter of few years if not its a deliberate action from them? That is a question you need to ponder on.

If applications have not even been opened with over 20 months of waiting time, how many months will they even need to conduct the background checks Migri keep on talking about (i.e even if they do at all). If they don't believe a government issues passport from embassies in EU countries, so where are they going to dig for information about the applicants. The same passports they are questioning when it comes to citizenship applications are what they have been accepting without questions during permit and extended permits applications. This is just a systematic way of discrimination. That another EU applicant waited for over 12 months before getting decision doesn't remove the fact that applicants from 3rd world countries are being discriminated about. I am sure a lot of you must have read about the case of Mongolian Nurse who have been living in Finland for over 7 years and still being treated unfairly until she decided to migrate to another well-accommodating society.

Barely 30 mins I made this last post, I decided to log into my profile at EnterFinland and I saw that my application had gone into stage 2 (In Progress). When it changed to 2nd stage? That I can't really say, and it' still at stage 2. How long it will be on this stage or get decided on? Well, I will keep on looking.

Also, I also wasn't notified either by email or sms that my application is on stage 2. So a note of advice for others who are still waiting for their cases to be treated, keep checking your profile on EnterFinland from time to time to check your status. Migri might most likely not notify you

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:11 am

skull_maito wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Barely 30 mins I made this last post, I decided to log into my profile at EnterFinland and I saw that my application had gone into stage 2 (In Progress). When it changed to 2nd stage? That I can't really say, and it' still at stage 2. How long it will be on this stage or get decided on? Well, I will keep on looking.

Also, I also wasn't notified either by email or sms that my application is on stage 2. So a note of advice for others who are still waiting for their cases to be treated, keep checking your profile on EnterFinland from time to time to check your status. Migri might most likely not notify you
Congrats! Best wishes with getting a positive decision soon :)

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am

Just got a positive decision. Applied June 2021. 18 months of hellish waiting. Got an email saying the processing had started and about thirty minutes later, I got a text message saying the decision was ready.

Last time I checked my number was in late November and it was 2067-ish. I took a break from this thread and checking numbers because it was really starting to mess with my mind so the decision was a complete surprise. I assume I was somewhere around 1700 to 1900 when I got it.

Oh and my country is on the “list” so I guess I was lucky to get it after only 18 months :/

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I really do feel your pain and you aren’t any less worthy/deserving than people who receive decisions after just 3 months, regardless of what Migri or anyone on this thread says.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:58 pm

ddddd wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am
Just got a positive decision. Applied June 2021. 18 months of hellish waiting. Got an email saying the processing had started and about thirty minutes later, I got a text message saying the decision was ready.

Last time I checked my number was in late November and it was 2067-ish. I took a break from this thread and checking numbers because it was really starting to mess with my mind so the decision was a complete surprise. I assume I was somewhere around 1700 to 1900 when I got it.

Oh and my country is on the “list” so I guess I was lucky to get it after only 18 months :/

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I really do feel your pain and you aren’t any less worthy/deserving than people who receive decisions after just 3 months, regardless of what Migri or anyone on this thread says.
Congrats :beer_yum: :beer_yum: :beer_yum: very good feeling for you to enter 2023 :D :D :D :D

esimerkki

Post by esimerkki » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:21 pm

ddddd wrote:
Congratulations! :D
And thank you for not blaming those who has less luck with the system.

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Last edited by ddddd on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:34 pm

ddddd wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:23 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:58 pm
ddddd wrote:

Congrats :beer_yum: :beer_yum: :beer_yum: very good feeling for you to enter 2023 :D :D :D :D

Thank you, it was such a surprise. I wasn’t expecting it to be this year. I had resigned myself to late 2023.
Congrats fellow!!

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:35 pm

esimerkki wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:21 pm
ddddd wrote:
Have you got your decision mate??

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:05 pm

ddddd wrote:

Congrats! Such a good news!

esimerkki

Post by esimerkki » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:43 pm

Edward35 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:35 pm
esimerkki wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:21 pm
ddddd wrote:
Have you got your decision mate??
No mate, no decision yet.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:26 pm

eniokooza wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:08 pm
I got a positive decision yesterday. After waiting 16 months,
I called them last Thursday and asked if they needed additional documents and why was application not attended to.
The lady apologized she had no explanation but will forward my complain to the case officer. The same day I went to stage 2 and yesterday decision was made.
Thank you all for the information shared on the forum. :thumbsup:
Congrats on your positive decision! Did you speak to her in Finnish?

skull_maito

Post by skull_maito » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:55 pm

Finally got a positive decision on my application on 23rd Dec after waiting for over 21 months.

Wish every other waiting applicants the best outcome.