Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Scolix

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Scolix » Tue May 03, 2022 1:31 pm

After you submit your citizenship application, how long does it take to see your place in the queue?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue May 03, 2022 8:05 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:31 pm
After you submit your citizenship application, how long does it take to see your place in the queue?
The chat box is broken since Wednesday so no one is seeing update now so calm down you have many months to wait you just applied 😅😅😅

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Wed May 04, 2022 4:43 am

Now they change the automated message. I received this message this morning
Waiting for processing
Hello!

Your application is waiting for processing.

At the moment, there is backlog in the processing of citizenship applications. We will inform you when the processing of your application begins. We will contact you if additional information is needed for your application. Please wait patiently. If necessary, you can supplement your application or inform us of any changes. Further information:

migri.fi/en/notify us of changes

At the moment, estimated processing times are as follows:

migri.fi/en/check-the-processing-time-of-your-application

You can also ask Kamu the Chatbot about the processing of your application. You will find Kamu on migri.fi.

Kind regards, Finnish Immigration Service

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Wed May 04, 2022 10:22 am

My friend who applied for citizenship mid-August 2021 has received their decision yesterday. Processing started and finished within an afternoon.

My own application from early August 2021 is still waiting for a decision for what it's worth.

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Wed May 04, 2022 12:53 pm

hellofelicia wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:22 am
My friend who applied for citizenship mid-August 2021 has received their decision yesterday. Processing started and finished within an afternoon.

My own application from early August 2021 is still waiting for a decision for what it's worth.
Congrats to your friend and may you also have yours without delays. Yes, my observation, which you can also arrive at by reading earlier decisions on this thread, is that they are moving systematically from month to month, this thread started with a decision to a person who applied in April, there are of course some outliers but that is to be expected to.

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Hello all, I have gotten a request for some additional info. related to my citizenship application. Namely the following.

"Toimita lisäksi yksityistilisi tiliotteet viimeiseltä kahdelta kuukaudelta." - a couple of questions regarding this.
- Is it enough to download a copy of the data from the last two month from my bank's website and send it to them as a pdf or something?
- I only have a joint account with my spouse. Is it neccessary to make some notes about which transaction are mine vs. my spouse's?

"Huomoithan, että teidän tulee päätöshetkellä todistettavasti oleilla Suomessa."
- What would be a way to prove that I am actually in Finland at the time of the decision? (I am currently abroad but will be back in Finland before I submit the additional info.)
ImageImage

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Wed May 04, 2022 2:42 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 pm
"Huomoithan, että teidän tulee päätöshetkellä todistettavasti oleilla Suomessa."
- What would be a way to prove that I am actually in Finland at the time of the decision? (I am currently abroad but will be back in Finland before I submit the additional info.)
You don't need to prove that to Migri. However, you should be mindful of the fact that your residence permit becomes invalid the moment your decision is served, which means that you won't be able to travel to Finland since you don't have a valid travel document anymore.

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 04, 2022 4:20 pm

hellofelicia wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:42 pm
browndude wrote:
You don't need to prove that to Migri. However, you should be mindful of the fact that your residence permit becomes invalid the moment your decision is served, which means that you won't be able to travel to Finland since you don't have a valid travel document anymore.
According to Migri, I was told that I need to be physically present in Finland at the time of the decision being made. My question was how would I prove to them that I am actually in Finland.

Also, once Finnish citizenship is granted, technically speaking, a Finnish citizen cannot be prevented from entering Finland

https://raja.fi/en/guidelines-for-borde ... g-pandemic ("According to paragraph 9 of the Constitution of Finland, Finnish citizens must not be prevented from entering Finland, and everyone has the right to leave Finland.").

Once one is an EU citizen, one has the legal right to travel within the schengen zone without a travel document. However, if stopped by police or during boarding a plane etc.. there might be issues.
ImageImage

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 04, 2022 4:21 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:20 pm
hellofelicia wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 2:42 pm
browndude wrote:
According to Migri, I was told that I need to be physically present in Finland at the time of the decision being made. My question was how would I prove to them that I am actually in Finland.

Also, once Finnish citizenship is granted, technically speaking, a Finnish citizen cannot be prevented from entering Finland

https://raja.fi/en/guidelines-for-borde ... g-pandemic ("According to paragraph 9 of the Constitution of Finland, Finnish citizens must not be prevented from entering Finland, and everyone has the right to leave Finland.").

Once one is an EU citizen, one has the legal right to travel within the schengen zone without a travel document under normal circumstances. However, if stopped by police or during boarding a plane etc.. there might be inoconveniences.
ImageImage

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:20 pm
I didn't say that you don't need to be in Finland, I said that you don't have to prove it to them. The message that you posted also doesn't imply that you need to provide them any proof.
You are not prevented from entering Finland, but you need to have a valid travel document to be able to travel.
Once one is an EU citizen, one has the legal right to travel within the schengen zone without a travel document.
That is not true. You always need to have a valid travel document when traveling, although some countries will accept an ID card as a travel document: https://raja.fi/en/passports-and-other-travel-documents

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 04, 2022 4:53 pm

Once one is an EU citizen, one has the legal right to travel within the schengen zone without a travel document.
That is not true. You always need to have a valid travel document when traveling, although some countries will accept an ID card as a travel document: https://raja.fi/en/passports-and-other-travel-documents
[/quote]

I was taking the information from here
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... %20another. ("If you are an EU national, you do not need to show your national ID card or passport when you are travelling from one border-free Schengen EU country to another."). But then it also says the folowing

"Even if you don't need a passport for border checks within the Schengen area , it is still always highly recommended to take a passport or ID card with you, so you can prove your identity if needed (if stopped by police, boarding a plane, etc.). Schengen EU countries have the possibility of adopting national rules obliging you to hold or carry papers and documents when you are present on their territory."

So yes, while in general, under normal circumstances it might not be required, there is a possibility that some countries might require it.
ImageImage

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Wed May 04, 2022 5:17 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:53 pm
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... %20another. ("If you are an EU national, you do not need to show your national ID card or passport when you are travelling from one border-free Schengen EU country to another.").

But that doesn’t mean that it’s legal to travel without a travel document. If you don’t have to show your ticket when you travel by public transportation, does that mean that it’s legal to not have a ticket? This is not a difficult concept.

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed May 04, 2022 5:45 pm

hellofelicia wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:17 pm
browndude wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:53 pm

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... %20another. ("If you are an EU national, you do not need to show your national ID card or passport when you are travelling from one border-free Schengen EU country to another.").

But that doesn’t mean that it’s legal to travel without a travel document. If you don’t have to show your ticket when you travel by public transportation, does that mean that it’s legal to not have a ticket? This is not a difficult concept.
I think this is a pointless debate :D I agree with you that you better travel with some kind of identification. The technical point here is, if you are an EU citizen and you travel without your ID/passport, you are not actually commiting a crime (unless the EU country in question has some other rules in place at that time) and they might keep you in place until such time they can verify your citizenship status. Anyway, I suppose one has to apply for some flavor of passi at some point.
ImageImage

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Thu May 05, 2022 10:15 am

I called the migri today, the funny thing they say which is big lie, they said that they only process applications that were applied since beginning of 2020 :D :D :D . While I know more than 6 people who applied after me in 2021 got their citizenship :o . The most ironic excuses saying they only give decision about 2020 applications. I think we just need to sit down and let them do whatever they feel like :ochesey:

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu May 05, 2022 11:31 am

I contacted migri about my queue number not moving and they said queue numbers are updated weekly and not daily. Has anyone found this to be true or was this just some excuse to tell me on the phone to make me happy?