Does car insurance cover rodent damage?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Hotsauce

Post by Hotsauce » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:02 pm

Hi everyone,

First of all, please bear with my poor English cuz it's my second language. Recently I went away from home for my winter holiday for a week. When I came back, for a few days, it smelled like urine in my car while I was driving. At first, I thought it was from a cabin filter(suspected to be mold or smt). But for some reason, I was getting yellow warning lights on the dashboard all related to electric signals. Today I opened the hood and saw two rats warming themself on the engine.. :x the rats ran away soon as they saw me. As disgusting it was, now I am stressed about how much damage rats cause to the car. The car was parked in parking hall in my apartment and now I can't even think of parking my car there again. I'm paying 40e a month for parking hall and now it feels like it's just a waste of money. I have fennia's laajakasko insurance but I am not sure if this kind of damage is covered or can it be covered by home insurance? I haven't reported to home maintenance company but can this be compensated by them?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Does car insurance cover rodent damage?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:54 am

Hotsauce wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:02 pm
Hi everyone,

First of all, please bear with my poor English cuz it's my second language. Recently I went away from home for my winter holiday for a week. When I came back, for a few days, it smelled like urine in my car while I was driving. At first, I thought it was from a cabin filter(suspected to be mold or smt). But for some reason, I was getting yellow warning lights on the dashboard all related to electric signals. Today I opened the hood and saw two rats warming themself on the engine.. :x the rats ran away soon as they saw me. As disgusting it was, now I am stressed about how much damage rats cause to the car. The car was parked in parking hall in my apartment and now I can't even think of parking my car there again. I'm paying 40e a month for parking hall and now it feels like it's just a waste of money. I have fennia's laajakasko insurance but I am not sure if this kind of damage is covered or can it be covered by home insurance? I haven't reported to home maintenance company but can this be compensated by them?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
For a definitive answer, ask the insurance company. On their site https://www.fennia.fi/ajoneuvot/autovakuutus only premium kasko is showing coverage for damages to the car while being parked (other animal related coverage is for a collision).