what to do with company profits?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
nokiassa

Post by nokiassa » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:08 pm

So you have an Oy company. You got sales and use part of that to pay your own salaries. You got dozens of thousands left as profit. What should you do with it to be most tax-efficient way?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: what to do with company profits?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:13 pm

nokiassa wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:08 pm
So you have an Oy company. You got sales and use part of that to pay your own salaries. You got dozens of thousands left as profit. What should you do with it to be most tax-efficient way?
You should consult a corporate tax lawyer. You must understand that the question is akin to "what should I do with the money I have left over from my monthly salary after living expenses".

nokiassa

Post by nokiassa » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:19 pm

If I withdraw all of my profits for myself, does that mean that I have to first pay 20% corporate tax and then 30% on capital income?

In other words, let's say I have 25000e in profit. If I decide to withdraw all of them (to pay dividends for myself), then I will receive 14000e in my account? (25000*80%*70%)

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:38 pm

nokiassa wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:19 pm
If I withdraw all of my profits for myself, does that mean that I have to first pay 20% corporate tax and then 30% on capital income?

In other words, let's say I have 25000e in profit. If I decide to withdraw all of them (to pay dividends for myself), then I will receive 14000e in my account? (25000*80%*70%)
Dividend taxation depends on the financial situation of the company (how much of its net assets are paid out). A private person is also taxed for the capital gains one makes. You really want to dig deeper into the whole company (and personal) taxation to get the full picture, take a course, hire a consultant, otherwise you put yourself at risk to make costly mistakes. There are a lot nuances that determine the most optimal approach in any given situation.