EU Pet Passport for a non-EU cat?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
podgi

Post by podgi » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have moved to Finland with my cat 6 years ago from a non-EU country. Through the years all the vaccinations have been made on time and indicated in his non-EU pet passport.

Is there a possibility to make an EU passport for him?

I might be completely wrong but years ago I have read the information that people residing in Finland based on their A-type RP are eligible for an EU pet passport for their pets. Is that true?

I have recently received a long-term A-type RP and was wondering whether I can change to an EU pet passport for my cat.

Any advice?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

inkku

Re: EU Pet Passport for a non-EU cat?

Post by inkku » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:34 pm

I think for EU passport you need the rabies anybody blood test, check on Internet. I don't think it depends on your status.

SecretCode

Re: EU Pet Passport for a non-EU cat?

Post by SecretCode » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 am

A few years I brought a cat from South Africa into the EU. Yes, you need to have a rabies antibody test. I think there was also a requirement to have an actual rabies vaccination from a registered organisation - fortunately the vet we'd used was accepted. Both the vaccination and the test had to be within a certain time frame, not just a maximum time before travel but also a minimum. Since you already have your cat in Finland I suppose that doesn't apply!

How did you bring it in, though?

I don't recall residence being a requirement.

I presume the cat is microchipped? It needs to be identifiable, of course.

More here: Pet passport - Finnish Food Authority