IB Diploma Programme Helsinki/Espoo area

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
pete_mk

Post by pete_mk » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:49 pm

Hey,

does anyone has to share their experience with the IB DP schools in the Helsinki area? Currently working in Espoo, my plan is to apply for DP for our daughter, who's a decent English speaker (am I a bit biased here?), but hasn't really been taught in English so far, so that's one of my concerns. She shows affection to music and arts, and from what I was able to read on Internet, Mattlidens Gymnasium is the only one that offers these subjects in the curriculum, so probably it will be the first one on her list (you need to order schools by preference in your application). Tikkurilan lukio (Vantaa) is somewhat remote, and we will not consider it as an option, so the current list goes like:
  • Mattlidens gymnasium
  • Ressun lukio
  • Etela-Tapiolan lukio
  • Helsingin Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu (SYK)
Since all the schools are authorized IB schools, I am sure that they offer more or less similar quality of education, but again I am aware there are some nuances that only "insiders" will know. I will appreciate any info regarding these schools, that can help us decide the order of preference. Thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic