Wet room renovation prices

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
agroot

Re: Wet room renovation prices

Post by agroot » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Does anyone remember how long and how much it took to retile a bathroom, whether there were pauses between work, and whether tiles were laid over old tiles?

I read it's possible to tile over existing tiles, but not recommended. And retiling means full demolition + waterproofing + tiling + putting fixtures. The labor price is at least 2-3 times more it seems and waterproofing also needs time, unlike tiling..

The bathrooms in question are going to be new, pipes outside, waterproofed, and renovated in recent 1-5 years, but I will need to change the damn tiles anyway since nobody loves black. So now it becomes a serious matter whether I will have to retile WC first before moving in and then retile bathroom later, while using bidet for shower during ongoing work, or do the full work together in 1-2 months, paying huge cost this year and rent longer in my current place...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:49 pm

agroot wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:55 pm
Does anyone remember how long and how much it took to retile a bathroom, whether there were pauses between work, and whether tiles were laid over old tiles?

I read it's possible to tile over existing tiles, but not recommended. And retiling means full demolition + waterproofing + tiling + putting fixtures. The labor price is at least 2-3 times more it seems and waterproofing also needs time, unlike tiling..

The bathrooms in question are going to be new, pipes outside, waterproofed, and renovated in recent 1-5 years, but I will need to change the damn tiles anyway since nobody loves black. So now it becomes a serious matter whether I will have to retile WC first before moving in and then retile bathroom later, while using bidet for shower during ongoing work, or do the full work together in 1-2 months, paying huge cost this year and rent longer in my current place...
Tiles can also be painted over if all you want to do is change the color.