Drinking Spouse with baby

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 pm

So my husband and I have 2 kids, one is 4 and the other one 10 month old. My husband normally goes with the baby to a friend, so I can spend time with our older daughter. But today he told me happily, that he got very drunk yesterday at his friend's house. I think this is unacceptable and told him that I can probably press charges on him, but he said that is legal to do, I don't think so. Anyways, I tried to check about this kind of case, but I haven't found anything. He has a baby with him and it's super reckless to get wasted meanwhile he should take care of our child. So is there a law or an official text which I can show him that this is not normal and not something you shouldn't do. I would have guessed this is common sense, but apparently it is not.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Drinking Spouse with baby

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:51 am

Mizu1993 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 pm
So my husband and I have 2 kids, one is 4 and the other one 10 month old. My husband normally goes with the baby to a friend, so I can spend time with our older daughter. But today he told me happily, that he got very drunk yesterday at his friend's house. I think this is unacceptable and told him that I can probably press charges on him, but he said that is legal to do, I don't think so. Anyways, I tried to check about this kind of case, but I haven't found anything. He has a baby with him and it's super reckless to get wasted meanwhile he should take care of our child. So is there a law or an official text which I can show him that this is not normal and not something you shouldn't do. I would have guessed this is common sense, but apparently it is not.
It is not a criminal offence if your baby cries all night in the cradle while you are sleeping completely wasted.
Many parents with real alcohol abuse problems (not just getting wasted at a friend once in a while) raise children.
In any case realistic charges would be about child custody, not criminal law.

heretostay

Re: Drinking Spouse with baby

Post by heretostay » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:50 am

If you call family services at your local municipality, they can answer these questions and help you get the information you need to speak with your husband.