Extended Residence Permit spouse other nationals (non-Eu) times 2022

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Rambo009

Post by Rambo009 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi Guys !
Good day to you all ! I am just wondering if anyone would like to share the experience for Extended Residence Permit decision timing for other nationals (non-EU) in 2022. I have application pending since 2 months and still waiting for processing. when I check the queue numbers, it is still far away from processing (480 as of today). Just wanted to get rough info and ideas about the processing times in 2022, just to plan some travelling. Hopefully, there are some enough enthusiastic people to share their experiences. Thank you in advance to all of you who decide to reply !

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Extended Residence Permit spouse other nationals (non-Eu) times 2022

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:49 pm

Rambo009 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:53 pm
I am just wondering if anyone would like to share the experience for Extended Residence Permit decision timing for other nationals (non-EU) in 2022. I have application pending since 2 months and still waiting for processing. when I check the queue numbers, it is still far away from processing (480 as of today). Just wanted to get rough info and ideas about the processing times in 2022, just to plan some travelling.
Migri estimate is 4-6 months:
https://migri.fi/en/application-for-an- ... amily-ties

actualbunnyvolunteer

Post by actualbunnyvolunteer » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:24 pm

I applied for an extended RP based on family ties in Finland three months before my last RP (based on intimate relationship) expired. I went for the appointment at Migri office at 10.00. I got an email with the positive decision at 10.53, on the same day.

Rambo009

Post by Rambo009 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:27 pm

actualbunnyvolunteer wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:24 pm
I applied for an extended RP based on family ties in Finland three months before my last RP (based on intimate relationship) expired. I went for the appointment at Migri office at 10.00. I got an email with the positive decision at 10.53, on the same day.
Its strange how they process applications but of course good to hear about your case. I have heard some cases with appointment at Migri getting instant decision. IMO and according to what they suggest application online should be processed faster and smoothly.

In my case I applied through enter Finland and still waiting for the decision. 5 months have already passed, still on 200 in queue. lets see how much I need to wait. It will be interesting to hear some similar cases if anyone could share here.

vincentsky

Post by vincentsky » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:14 pm

It REALLLY depends on who handles your case a lot of the times.

hana dina

Post by hana dina » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:44 pm

Hi
I have the same situation as you, i have applied since four months now and i still far away from the queu around 200 before me. Is there any news for your application? Can uou share your experience if you ve gotten a decision already. Do I need to wait for all these 200 people or is it possible that I can get the decision earlier? Thanks in advance

Rambo009

Post by Rambo009 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:19 pm

hana dina wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:44 pm
Hi
I have the same situation as you, i have applied since four months now and i still far away from the queu around 200 before me. Is there any news for your application? Can uou share your experience if you ve gotten a decision already. Do I need to wait for all these 200 people or is it possible that I can get the decision earlier? Thanks in advance
I got positive decision around 2nd week of august so my guess is you can get decision anytime if your queue number is around 90 or somewhere near. But again that is just a guess. I think you can be sure of the decision once your application moves to the 2nd phase or if they ask you for the latest supplementary documents. The best way would be uploading them monthly or whenever you get them so that they do not need to contact you for those ! Good Luck ! hopefully you will get the positive decision soon !

hana dina

Post by hana dina » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 pm

Thanks for your reply
I am happy for u :D , second week of August it is a long waiting period from January. I would like to ask if the extended residence permit valid for one year or four years ? And what are the supplimentary documents, did u get an interview or a call from migri and does migri contacted your spouse ?
Thanks for your reply, it is nice to share your experience with me, i am sick of waiting and hearing similar cases make me positive

Rambo009

Post by Rambo009 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:28 am

hana dina wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 pm
Thanks for your reply
I am happy for u :D , second week of August it is a long waiting period from January. I would like to ask if the extended residence permit valid for one year or four years ? And what are the supplimentary documents, did u get an interview or a call from migri and does migri contacted your spouse ?
Thanks for your reply, it is nice to share your experience with me, i am sick of waiting and hearing similar cases make me positive
I know it is a long waiting time but there isn't much we can do. The permit is valid for four years. They asked to upload the latest salary slips and bank statements. Other than that nothing much was asked. I wish you all the best !

jenkkipoika

Post by jenkkipoika » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:14 pm

Submitted my extended permit application on 22.12.2022
They created a diary number for me on 09.01.2023
I was approved on 20.01.2023

So basically, depending on how you look at it, either 11 days to approve my extension, or just less than a month to approve it. Mine was super simple as I just sent in the application saying nothing has changed in my marriage.