What is considered proof of Finnish citizenship??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
NanBTurku

Post by NanBTurku » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:22 am

I’m VERY confused. I’ve applied for a remigration permit based on my grandfather’s birth in Lumijoki. I have his Finnish birth certificate but now hear from @finlandgirl that there may be some other proof of citizenship needed.

What is that other proof? I spoke to the Finnish National Archives yesterday and they believe that his birth certificate which shows his parents were also born here should be sufficient. Migri won’t tell me what else I need!

What other proof is there?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: What is considered proof of Finnish citizenship??

Post by heretostay » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:49 am

That should be enough. Migri will ask for more documentation if needed before deciding on your application. They will give you time to collect it but unfortunately will not advise you before application is submitted and has started processing.

network_engineer

Re: What is considered proof of Finnish citizenship??

Post by network_engineer » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:01 pm

Collect other possible evidences, e.g. if he relocated, he is likely to have had a passport.

I don't recall IF the birth certificate has the nationality, but at least the name of the parent(s).

Depending on when he was born, his records are likely to be found from the DVV, you could check that as well.