Processing time for Permanent Residence Permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ogiv

Post by ogiv » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi,

Does the processing time for permanent residence permit differ based on the city where one does the in person interview for identification?

I did my in person interview on 9th Apr in Helsinki and was told that that it would take 6 to 9 months for the decision.
However my friend completed his PR identification interview in Kuopio and got the decision the same day.

I checked the Migri website, and it was mentioned that the processing time would be between 12 and 14 months.

Warm Regards
Ogiv

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Processing time for Permanent Residence Permit

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:44 am

ogiv wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:41 pm
Does the processing time for permanent residence permit differ based on the city where one does the in person interview for identification?

I did my in person interview on 9th Apr in Helsinki and was told that that it would take 6 to 9 months for the decision.
However my friend completed his PR identification interview in Kuopio and got the decision the same day.
Did your friend apply for a permanent right of residence (as family member of an EU citizen)?
Rules for residence permits and right of residence differ.

ogiv

Post by ogiv » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:16 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:44 am
Did your friend apply for a permanent right of residence (as family member of an EU citizen)?
Rules for residence permits and right of residence differ.
No, he had applied for Permanent Residence Permit, and received the decision the same day.

Is "permanent right of residence" same as going to Maistratti and registering oneself as living in that city on a permanent basis?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I received my decision today. :D So it took 3 days in my case, though I was told it might take between 6 and 9 months.

I was curious if the processing of the permanent residence permit applications happen centrally or if different cities process the applications that they receive separately? In the 2nd scenario, it would mean that some cities might be able to go through their list faster than other cities. Bigger cities might have a bigger backlog. Of course, bigger cities would also have more staff. Maybe that evens it out.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:50 pm

ogiv wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:16 pm
Is "permanent right of residence" same as going to Maistratti and registering oneself as living in that city on a permanent basis?
No, right of residence is for non-Finnish EU citizens and their families.

ebuswise

Post by ebuswise » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:17 pm

Were you able to read the decision? I applied on the 8th April, I login in enter Finland on 15th noticed that decision is ready on 14th and we have ordered the card. but I can't find any attachment for the decision also didn't receive any messages or email from migri.

agroot

Post by agroot » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:52 am

ebuswise wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:17 pm
Were you able to read the decision? I applied on the 8th April, I login in enter Finland on 15th noticed that decision is ready on 14th and we have ordered the card. but I can't find any attachment for the decision also didn't receive any messages or email from migri.
That's highly abnormal and you should send them an email to ask about that.

ebuswise

Post by ebuswise » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:05 pm

agroot wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:52 am
ebuswise wrote:
That's highly abnormal and you should send them an email to ask about that.
08.04.2022 We have received the processing fee for your application. (€160)
08.04.2022 We have received your application and it is pending.
08.04.2022 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
14.04.2022 The decision has been made. If you cannot see the document concerning your decision, please wait patiently. You will be contacted.
14.04.2022 The card has been ordered

This is what I saw in enter Finland but I didn't receive any messages or emails concerning the decision and also when i made the application . Since it takes 2weeks for the card to come, I was thinking to wait by the end of this week before calling them.

ogiv

Post by ogiv » Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 pm

ebuswise wrote:
I remember that I was able to download and read the result on the date when i received the decision. But I checked it today and am not able to find the decision letter. I got both a text message and an email when the decision was ready.

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:05 pm

ebuswise wrote:
In which city did you apply?

Scolix

Post by Scolix » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:03 am

Anyone got PR recently? How long does it take for processing these days?