First Residence Permit for Self Employed Barber?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
NoctiBeard

Post by NoctiBeard » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:37 am

I submitted and verified my identity a month ago. I went under the self employed permit however reading more and more and looking at denial statistics I dont think I'll get one. Was there a different permit to apply for I am missing?
For reference:
Im 30, Licensed Barber in the US. Self employed/ Independent Contractor. Last couple years I've barely made a profit because of Covid wiping 40% of our clientele. Ive submitting just about everything I could think of, Business net tax docs, my licenses, my lease agreements.
Should I try and find a place to work in before hand and get some sort of form? It didnt seem like the application needed it, but it was asking for finances to sustain myself which I have enough to sustain myself in the bank but I feel like they want income stream still coming from the US even when I move there? I'm super confused as it seems like a lot of EU countries immigration Self-Employed barbers fall in some sort of grey areas. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: First Residence Permit for Self Employed Barber?

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:00 pm

NoctiBeard wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:37 am
I submitted and verified my identity a month ago. I went under the self employed permit however reading more and more and looking at denial statistics I dont think I'll get one. Was there a different permit to apply for I am missing?
Why would it be in the interest of Finland to grant residence permits to barbers from countries like India or the US who do not even speak our language?
NoctiBeard wrote:
For reference:
Im 30, Licensed Barber in the US. Self employed/ Independent Contractor. Last couple years I've barely made a profit because of Covid wiping 40% of our clientele. Ive submitting just about everything I could think of, Business net tax docs, my licenses, my lease agreements.
Should I try and find a place to work in before hand and get some sort of form? It didnt seem like the application needed it,
Part of the requirements is that you demonstrate that you will have enough income from your profession to sustain yourself from the profit.

Barber shops run by people who fled from Syria are opening and closing all the time in Helsinki.
At least their Finnish is usually OK.
How strong is your case that you will have sufficient profit in Finland?
NoctiBeard wrote:
I'm super confused as it seems like a lot of EU countries immigration Self-Employed barbers fall in some sort of grey areas. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
"I am a licensed Mexican barber and I speak no English, how can I get a visa to work as barber in the US?"

What would you answer to that question?
That's the same question as yours.