Eu Citizen moving to Finland with Non EU Wife

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
suomi2022

Post by suomi2022 » Mon May 02, 2022 12:19 pm

hi there,
im an eu citizen(austria) and i want to move to finland with my non eu wife(colombian citizen).
Since I have enough funds to get my "registration certificate" this seems like a very straightforward proccess(i get the registration certificate the day they verify my identity" .

Now, as for my wife, how would the proccess go?
i know i can use my "sufficient funds" for her application as the family of an eu citizen but, what else do we need?

do we need to buy health insurace for me, for her? , for both?(we come from outside the EU so we dont have an eu healtg card).

also, i read that it takes 6 months to get her resident card? is this always the case?

thank you 🙏

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Eu Citizen moving to Finland with Non EU Wife

Post by betelgeuse » Mon May 02, 2022 6:31 pm

suomi2022 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:19 pm
hi there,
im an eu citizen(austria) and i want to move to finland with my non eu wife(colombian citizen).
Since I have enough funds to get my "registration certificate" this seems like a very straightforward proccess(i get the registration certificate the day they verify my identity" .

Now, as for my wife, how would the proccess go?
i know i can use my "sufficient funds" for her application as the family of an eu citizen but, what else do we need?
https://migri.fi/en/i-am-a-family-membe ... eu-citizen

You use the same info for both of you.
suomi2022 wrote:
do we need to buy health insurace for me, for her? , for both?(we come from outside the EU so we dont have an eu healtg card).
Planning to stay permanently (=getting a municipality of residence from DVV) you would get access to the public system. Having travel insurance is a good idea whenever travelling.
suomi2022 wrote:
also, i read that it takes 6 months to get her resident card? is this always the case?
https://migri.fi/en/processing-times

suomi2022

Re: Eu Citizen moving to Finland with Non EU Wife

Post by suomi2022 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:41 pm

thank you so much for your reply, really.

interesting, i can access the free public health care when i register my address with DVV?

and if i want to apply for my finnish ID what do i need?
thanks again