Super long processing times... again

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
glebkudr

Post by glebkudr » Tue May 03, 2022 12:05 am

I try to extend my family-based temporary residence permit. Proved my identity on 1 October 2022. And still waits. My number in queue is 82, and it is moved by ONE person in two weeks.

This badly affects my life since I couldn't move from the country even within the borders of EU. And for this bulls*** I have paid an application fee and more than that - quite a lot of taxes here living basically without freedom of movement.

I assume the only thing I can do is to wait until 9 months elapsed and file a complaint or a lawsuit against Migri. Does anyone here have had this kind of experience before? It was 4 months, 6 months, but extra and without queue moving? Ridiculous. Could you recommend me a correct lawsuit procedure if this time extends 9 months (which I am pretty sure it does, considering current queue times)?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: Super long processing times... again

Post by agroot » Tue May 03, 2022 10:14 pm

Yes it's perfectly normal.

The time they give you is not a guarantee but an estimate.

Once it reaches the estimated deadline, you can ask them new estimate by email - they will reply and they may suddenly start processing.

vincentsky

Post by vincentsky » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 pm

Like half of Earth tries to move to Finland, so Mirgri gets swamped. I've been to their service point in Helsinki and just damn.

paintballsean

Post by paintballsean » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:23 am

To be honest they said eta 9 months and just opened my application for processing in 5 months so I'm quite surprised i was 345 in queue yesterday.