Rights and responsibilities in marriage between finnish and bulgarian citizens

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Anon_R

Post by Anon_R » Tue May 03, 2022 11:58 pm

Hello all,

I am a bulgarian citizen and my husband is a finish citizen.
After we got married last year my husband invited me to live in Finland with him in his parents house. He told me that he has passive income from renting out lands and buildings, and that we will live a normal life together.

When we lived in Finland my husband has had a joined economy with his parents and he didn't disclose his incomes with me. His parents have lands and buildings.
During our stay my husband told me that he does not have any money since he does not have a job and our family was supported by my bulgarian salary - 1000 euros. I was working remotely during this time.

I have struggled because I had to start my life from scratch in Finland with this amount of money for me and my husband.

I had to buy food/clothes/kitchen supplies/IT tech for my job etc on my own.

At the same time my husband was doing a renovation of one of his houses and planning to spend 10 000 of euros and even more on furniture and so on.
He claimed that everything is paid by his parents with loans.

His parents did not give me any financial support even for basic needs. And this has lead to many conflicts. To all conflicts the entire family was telling me that I do not understand the situation/the language - English and so on.
They told me that it is too difficult to find a job in Finland and I should continue working with my bulgarian salary.

Recently, my husband told me that he was never going to work. He is living on his parents funds and waiting for his inheritance.
In this situation he wants our family to be supported by my salary only. It is evident that 1K euro is under the existential minimum for 2 people to live in Finland, even when we have a roof.

Could you please tell me what are the rights and responsibilities between husband and wife in Finland?

Is it legal for a husband not to give any money to his wife and at the same time to have a joined economy with his parents?

My husband's income is a secret for me, is this legal and how can I resolve this situation?

Thank you in advance for any help!

PS. I have talked to my husband and his parents about all this issues but they avoid talking about money with me. They know how much is my salary.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Rights and responsibilities in marriage between finnish and bulgarian citizens

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed May 04, 2022 10:31 am

Anon_R wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:58 pm
Hello all,

I am a bulgarian citizen and my husband is a finish citizen.
After we got married last year my husband invited me to live in Finland with him in his parents house. He told me that he has passive income from renting out lands and buildings, and that we will live a normal life together.

When we lived in Finland my husband has had a joined economy with his parents and he didn't disclose his incomes with me. His parents have lands and buildings.
During our stay my husband told me that he does not have any money since he does not have a job and our family was supported by my bulgarian salary - 1000 euros. I was working remotely during this time.

I have struggled because I had to start my life from scratch in Finland with this amount of money for me and my husband.

I had to buy food/clothes/kitchen supplies/IT tech for my job etc on my own.

At the same time my husband was doing a renovation of one of his houses and planning to spend 10 000 of euros and even more on furniture and so on.
He claimed that everything is paid by his parents with loans.

His parents did not give me any financial support even for basic needs. And this has lead to many conflicts. To all conflicts the entire family was telling me that I do not understand the situation/the language - English and so on.
They told me that it is too difficult to find a job in Finland and I should continue working with my bulgarian salary.

Recently, my husband told me that he was never going to work. He is living on his parents funds and waiting for his inheritance.
In this situation he wants our family to be supported by my salary only. It is evident that 1K euro is under the existential minimum for 2 people to live in Finland, even when we have a roof.

Could you please tell me what are the rights and responsibilities between husband and wife in Finland?

Is it legal for a husband not to give any money to his wife and at the same time to have a joined economy with his parents?

My husband's income is a secret for me, is this legal and how can I resolve this situation?

Thank you in advance for any help!

PS. I have talked to my husband and his parents about all this issues but they avoid talking about money with me. They know how much is my salary.
See https://www.myintegration.fi/en/everyda ... f-spouses/

I don't know what legal remedies there are in practice, if one party is not fulfilling their obligations, other than divorce.