Finland condition after war in Ukraine...

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
joondeka

Post by joondeka » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:25 am

I'm going to immigrate to Finland, but I do not know what the situation in Finland is and how the war in Ukraine has affected the country.
Is there fear and stress among Finnish citizens that Russia may attack Finland?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Finland condition after war in Ukraine...

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm

joondeka wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:25 am
I'm going to immigrate to Finland, but I do not know what the situation in Finland is and how the war in Ukraine has affected the country.
Economically it is not good.
We have 1000 km of border with Russia, and Russia was traditionally a huge trade partner for us.
Let's hope the EU sanctions will end soon.
joondeka wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:25 am
Is there fear and stress among Finnish citizens that Russia may attack Finland?
Not much.
On February 23rd there was not much fear and stress among Ukrainian citizens that Russia may attack Ukraine.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:01 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 pm
Not much.
On February 23rd there was not much fear and stress among Ukrainian citizens that Russia may attack Ukraine.
Do you mean there is a good chance Russia will attack Finland?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:27 pm

Maaria wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:01 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Not much.
I mean that "fear and stress" is unrelated to actual risk.

Do you remember how two years ago there were a lot of fear and stress and midsummer celebration cancellations due to COVID-19?
Npw the situation id much worse than 2 years ago, and there are as many people dying from COVID-19 in Finland per day as in the whole month of June 2020.
But despite deaths having increased by more than an order of magnitude, fear and stress are gone.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:25 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:27 pm
Maaria wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:01 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Not much.
I mean that "fear and stress" is unrelated to actual risk.

Do you remember how two years ago there were a lot of fear and stress and midsummer celebration cancellations due to COVID-19?
Npw the situation id much worse than 2 years ago, and there are as many people dying from COVID-19 in Finland per day as in the whole month of June 2020.
But despite deaths having increased by more than an order of magnitude, fear and stress are gone.
That's right. Yes I remember.

joondeka

Post by joondeka » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:21 am

Not much.
I accept your words. It is true that people get used to this fear and stress, but what is the reality? Could Russia make more threats against Finland or launch a military strike?
Which Finnish cities are most exposed to these threats?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:28 am

joondeka wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:21 am

Not much.
I accept your words. It is true that people get used to this fear and stress, but what is the reality? Could Russia make more threats against Finland or launch a military strike?
Yes.
joondeka wrote:
An invasion would start somewhere at the over 1000 km land border we have with Russia.
Cruise missile strikes could happen anywhere, stay away from the capital region (Helsinki/Espoo/Vantaa) and other industrial centres like Tampere if you are worried about that.

joondeka

Post by joondeka » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:41 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:28 am
An invasion would start somewhere at the over 1000 km land border we have with Russia.
Cruise missile strikes could happen anywhere, stay away from the capital region (Helsinki/Espoo/Vantaa) and other industrial centres like Tampere if you are worried about that.
Thanks for your information. I probably go to Vaasa city.
How is this city?

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 pm

joondeka wrote:
Russia will likely make more threats at least as long as current leadership in helm. Military strike is not likely, but maniacs are maniacs.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

joondeka

Post by joondeka » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:36 am

In your opinion, when Finland becomes a NATO member, will Russia's threats increase?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:25 pm

joondeka wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:36 am
In your opinion, when Finland becomes a NATO member, will Russia's threats increase?
From the end of WWII until this year Finland had good relations with the Soviet Union and later Russia.
What will change is that Russia will in the future see Finland no longer as a friend but as part of the NATO enemy.

joondeka

Post by joondeka » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:29 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:25 pm
From the end of WWII until this year Finland had good relations with the Soviet Union and later Russia.
What will change is that Russia will in the future see Finland no longer as a friend but as part of the NATO enemy.
So, from now on, Finland will always feel the danger of war and Russian attack. It is true?

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:39 pm

joondeka wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:29 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:25 pm
So, from now on, Finland will always feel the danger of war and Russian attack. It is true?
It's just clearer where other NATO countries stand should Russia attack Finland, and where Finland stands should Russia attack another NATO country. Russia has been and will continue to be a threat to its neighboring countries, especially smaller ones.

joondeka

Post by joondeka » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Thanks for your explanation.