disowning a family member and his property

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Maninder

Post by Maninder » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi,

I have a question. I am looking for a legal paper using which I can disown a family member and everything that belongs to him. For example, I don’t want his property or anything that he has. I am not responsible whatever he does, whatever he us involved into.

Through that paper, I want to it that legally, I am no longer connected to that person. I want to break all the bonds with him.

I know the process in India, but in Finland, I have no idea that how it is done.
Please help.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: disowning a family member and his property

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Maninder wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:31 pm
Hi,

I have a question. I am looking for a legal paper using which I can disown a family member and everything that belongs to him. For example, I don’t want his property or anything that he has. I am not responsible whatever he does, whatever he us involved into.

Through that paper, I want to it that legally, I am no longer connected to that person. I want to break all the bonds with him.

I know the process in India, but in Finland, I have no idea that how it is done.
Please help.
There's no similar legal concept in Finland. However, unless you're talking about someone you're legally responbile to support, e.g. your child that is a minor, you're not obligated to have anything to do with anyone *), just let the person be. If you're a victim of a crime, contact the police. Obviously you're responsible for your own actions, regardless of what someone else has done. An inheritance anyone can decline to receive.

*) Sure, there are circumstances, e.g. at a scene of an accident where one is legally required to assist another person, and one is bound by the contracts they have agreed to (as long as the contracts themselves are legal), but I don't think we're talking about something like that here

browndude

Post by browndude » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:48 pm

Would you be able to provide more information as to why you would like to disown this particular family member? This might make it easier for people on this forum to provide accutate information on how you should proceed.
ImageImage

Maninder

Post by Maninder » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:26 pm

I would like to disown my father. He is running a business. and I have a share in that. Certainly I will remove that. But he’s taking certain actions that may not turn out to be good in future. For example, trying to invite some people from India that I don’t think are good enough. (Greedy people who can do anything for the sake of money) He’s taking all these sorts of actions without letting me know. I don’t feel safe… and I don’t want to suffer because of his actions. So I want to disown him and everything he does and has.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:02 pm

Maninder wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:26 pm
I would like to disown my father. He is running a business. and I have a share in that. Certainly I will remove that. But he’s taking certain actions that may not turn out to be good in future. For example, trying to invite some people from India that I don’t think are good enough. (Greedy people who can do anything for the sake of money) He’s taking all these sorts of actions without letting me know. I don’t feel safe… and I don’t want to suffer because of his actions. So I want to disown him and everything he does and has.
Your share in his business is the only way how you seem to be involved in his actions right now.
Maninder wrote:
Any legal responsibilities you might have could not be waived by unilateral declaration, like you cannot just say you "disown" your minor child and then stop child support payments.
The only way to break all legal bonds between parents and a child would be an adoption.

What do you expect "disowning" to change that is not anyway there under Finnish law?
Your biological relationship does not create any legal responsibilities for you if he goes bankrupt or to prison.
There is no requirement for you to ever see him again, or any right for him to ever see you or your children again.
Maninder wrote:
Are there any legal benefits this process would have removing responsibilities under Indian law?
If yes, then you should start it in India.

browndude

Post by browndude » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:19 am

If you break all ties to the business, if you are an adult then you will not be responsible for your parents actions anymore I think. You should talk to lawyer in any case if you are unsure what to do.
ImageImage

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 am

Maninder wrote:
Share as in share of the company? Company is an oy, llc? If so, then see the osakeyhtiölaki at finlex.fi, there should be english translation available. But in short: the shareholders have no personal liability for the obligations of the company.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Upphew wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 am
Maninder wrote:
Share as in share of the company? Company is an oy, llc? If so, then see the osakeyhtiölaki at finlex.fi, there should be english translation available. But in short: the shareholders have no personal liability for the obligations of the company.
But there might be some hassle if you are a shareholder of a small company whose main line of business turns out to be import and distribution of drugs.