Registering change of address in DVV

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
sw_star

Post by sw_star » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:49 pm

Hi All,

I have changed my address in Posti and all the mails(post) have been sent to my new address but I can see that the mail from DVV still contains my old address. How can I change the address in DVV registration?

I got a post from DVV regarding activation of citizenship certificate. Is it mandatory to do that? I have got the activation number but don't have the card reader. Please guide me about how to activate the citizenship certificate.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: Registering change of address in DVV

Post by browndude » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:44 pm

If you have moved to a new address you are supposed to change your official address with DVV first. If I recall, changing the address in DVV will automatically change the address with Posti as well but I do not think just changing the address with Posti will change your official address with DVV. The DVV address change is the more important and needs to be techincally done before or very soon after the move. To be more precise,

"submit a notification of move at the earliest one month before the date of the move or at the latest one week after the move."

https://dvv.fi/en/moving-in-finland

I am not familiar with the "citizenship certificate" as I never used that.
ImageImage

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:01 am

browndude wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:44 pm
If you have moved to a new address you are supposed to change your official address with DVV first. If I recall, changing the address in DVV will automatically change the address with Posti as well but I do not think just changing the address with Posti will change your official address with DVV. The DVV address change is the more important and needs to be techincally done before or very soon after the move. To be more precise,

"submit a notification of move at the earliest one month before the date of the move or at the latest one week after the move."

https://dvv.fi/en/moving-in-finland

I am not familiar with the "citizenship certificate" as I never used that.
Posti and DVV are separate databases and don’t need to contain the same address. They can be changed with a unified process though.

dheerajjoshim

Post by dheerajjoshim » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:31 am

You can notify the change of address via POSTI (https://www.posti.fi/en/private/change-address). It will change the address in both POSTI and DVV.
DVV will take some time to update the new address. Sometimes between 30 - 45 days.