Person to help in drilling/home needs

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:50 pm

Hi

I am looking for someone who could help me with the below

1. TV mount installation (its a big heavy TV)
2. Drilling needed for wall shelf (Lack from ikea 6 small and 6 big in 4 different rooms)
3. Wardrobe needs to be drilled for small hole to have hanger for handing cloths

Looking for a cheap option to get these work done. Appreciate any pointers. TIA.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Person to help in drilling/home needs

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:44 am

For concrete walls a hammer drill is needed. Also, fixing something heavy onto a drywall (or similar) requires proper anchoring, better still would be to screw/bolt into the frame, but that's not always possible.

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm

I am looking for a person who would help me to get the work done.
I am no expert in drilling and i know its a easy job but i want to mount my TV which is nearly 50kgs and i do not want to risk breaking it.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:57 pm

ddfreedie wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm
I am no expert in drilling and i know its a easy job but i want to mount my TV which is nearly 50kgs and i do not want to risk breaking it.
Unless you personally know or can ask someone (a neighbor, perhaps?) to help you, no professional will do the work for less than what they're normally charging (it's their livelihood, after all). Even though the job itself may not take a lot of time, they still have to travel to you and use their own tools.

Piet

Post by Piet » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:43 pm

ddfreedie wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm
Basically you only need someone to help you hold the (Vesa?) mount for the TV, you take a marker and mark the holes through the mount to the wall.
Then drill the holes... I would not start drilling in concrete though.. even with a hammer drill, the chances of hitting the iron bars in the concrete will mess up your efforts to do it nicely and the used concrete in construction can be of very bad (read cheap) quality making it crumble when drilled in, causing huge holes that will be unplug-able.
Wooden wall would be ok, but then considering the drywall with plasterboard.... forget it, it will come down if you cannot screw it to the wooden frame inside the wall.
50kg is a lot of TV... maybe you want to consider a stand on a TV-cabinet instead.
I guess it is about 75" (Samsung 75" AU9075 4K LED älytelevisio (2021) = 44Kg) has already 2 feet. Saves you a lot of trouble mounting it...

Same is true for the "Lack of Ikea" shelves,I have them myself mounted to the plasterboard with those wide expanding plugs, all holes used, but do not expect it to hold more than a few kilo's if you do not want it coming down either... (no heavy plants or sculptures / stone art or a row of books).

You might want to consider using a "spirit level" of 1 meter long (for the TV mount and the big Lack anyway).

Sadly currently I have no time to assist, but as said before... you could try to get a neighbor to help, you might up with a new friend too (or enemy if he or she f*cks up. :lol:

These were just my 2 cents of today after a long time not being here....
Good luck.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Its an 85 inch Sony TV and I have used a biiiig TV stand now and would want to get rid of it by mounting the TV. I find the TV stand less fascinating (in this phase of my life at least :D)

I live in a Rivitalo and its one of the concrete walls I am sharing with the neighbour where the TV will go. So no wood involved.

The lack hylly will also be on the concrete walls except for 1 or 2 which may be on the inside walls of the bedroom ( certainly not concrete but something like plaster of paris?!?!)

I think I may need to seek someones help as most of you suggest. :D

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:27 pm

Piet wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:43 pm
drywall with plasterboard.... forget it, it will come down if you cannot screw it to the wooden frame inside the wall.
Good luck.
Good luck indeed. Dunno how things stand now, but early 2000s at least builders liked to use metal frames in apartment buildings: https://www.stark-suomi.fi/fi/pystyrank ... 60-m-16125
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:27 pm
Piet wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:43 pm
drywall with plasterboard.... forget it, it will come down if you cannot screw it to the wooden frame inside the wall.
Good luck.
Good luck indeed. Dunno how things stand now, but early 2000s at least builders liked to use metal frames in apartment buildings: https://www.stark-suomi.fi/fi/pystyrank ... 60-m-16125
Good point, in any case a prudent renovator would check what's in or behind a wall before making any holes in it. If uncertain, use a wall scanner ("rakenneilmaisin"/"rakennetunnistin").