Other Grounds permit, working and self employment

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Authentix

Post by Authentix » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:06 am

I have an approved Intimate relationship RP. Of course there are working restrictions but I have two questions

https://migri.fi/en/faq-employment
“ You are allowed to work remotely for a foreign company when staying in Finland with a residence permit. However, you cannot be granted a residence permit on the basis of remote work. Visit the website of the Tax AdministrationLink to an external website, Opens in a new tab to check on issues related to taxation.”

1.does this mean I can do remote work for a foreign company?
2. With my residence permit, am I legally able to perform light entrepreneurship or start a business?

I’ve waited here for 11 months for my RP to process and didn’t receive a Finnish Identity code. And it will probably be another year before I get my family ties RP. I’m just going mad not being able to do anything or integrate into society. I need something to do and start building a life for me here with my fiancé.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Other Grounds permit, working and self employment

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:14 pm

Authentix wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:06 am
I have an approved Intimate relationship RP. Of course there are working restrictions but I have two questions

https://migri.fi/en/faq-employment
“ You are allowed to work remotely for a foreign company when staying in Finland with a residence permit. However, you cannot be granted a residence permit on the basis of remote work. Visit the website of the Tax AdministrationLink to an external website, Opens in a new tab to check on issues related to taxation.”

1.does this mean I can do remote work for a foreign company?
Ask Migri for details.
My understanding is that you can be employed by a foreign company that does not have business activities in Finland as long as other duties like paying taxes and reporting the income to the Finnish Incomes Register are done.
Authentix wrote:
2. With my residence permit, am I legally able to perform light entrepreneurship or start a business?
No.
Authentix wrote:
it will probably be another year before I get my family ties RP.
Family ties permit are often approved faster when Migri already granted an Intimate relationship RP for the same relationship.
Authentix wrote:
I’m just going mad not being able to do anything or integrate into society.
Your Finnish language is already fluent?

SecretCode

Re: Other Grounds permit, working and self employment

Post by SecretCode » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:27 pm

I'm confused. Do you have an approved intimate relationship RP or are you still waiting?
Authentix wrote:
I have an approved Intimate relationship RP.
I’ve waited here for 11 months for my RP to process and didn’t receive a Finnish Identity code.
I got my identity code at the same time I got my RP approved. And a lengthy letter detailing the restrictions on the kind of work I could do.