Permanent parking issue

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ufuk21

Permanent parking issue

Post by ufuk21 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Hello, I am staying in Matinkylä temporarily and planning to move Saunalahti one month later. Since winter has came I was planning to purchase a used car. However both apartments (Matinkylä & Saunalahti) parking spaces are fully occupied. It is very strange thing for me. Is there any website or service to check free or paid street parking spaces to park permanently? I mean it does not matter if the parking lot is private or not. I just need any place to park a car. It seems it is not possible have a car because of occupied parking lots.

Permanent parking issue

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NukkuMatti

Re: Permanent parking issue

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:53 pm

If it is temporary, until you get another apartment with parking space, and you need to park your car for a while, Pelican storage has outside space protected by a fence and gate with number lock.

A place will cost you (2 years ago) 50€ a month.

Olari pelican storage is pretty close to you now, you can try to find out if they still got the places available, I used it for 2 years until last year September so I had the 2 year old price, don't know what it costs now.

Good luck, may the force be with you!

PS if you need it every day, this might be too far away for you to walk and you still need a bus to get there.. than this would be no good option.
Also no electrical socket for preheating.

Ligence

Re: Permanent parking issue

Post by Ligence » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:02 am

There are free of charge outside parking areas/spots in Espoo; some have no restrictions whatsoever, but they are quite rare and often full. Most only allow parking for 1-24 hours at a time with or without a parking disc. Some may require a parking disc during weekdays at some times, while being unrestricted otherwise.

You can check the map here, choose map layers on the left menu > Traffic > Parking areas:
https://kartat.espoo.fi/IMS/en/Map

That only shows you the locations, but it usually doesn't tell you the specifics of each parking area. Google just now updated their StreetView imagery of Espoo with 2017-2021 photos, so you might check if the signs are visible there, and if it looks promising, drive and take a look. Some photos are a lot older, though.

The swimming beach parking lot in Matinkylä has 24h restricted parking during summer, so if I'm understanding the sign correctly, it's unrestricted at the moment.

A bit steep perhaps, but in Saunalahti there's one indoor parking spot available for rent.