POP car insurance

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
spoonsey

POP car insurance

Post by spoonsey » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:49 am

Hi guys, I have had POP "liability" car insurance for years and it's always been reasonably priced. However today I backed into another car in a car park, the other driver was actually driving on the left side of the road out because a corner approaching. However I should have also been more aware of my surroundings. Anyway, I reported it, and now I know that my bonus will now drop down from this.
Has anyone had any experience of this? It was my first ever accident and I've been driving many years. There was a bit of a scratch and a dent in her car. Mine is absolutely fine. I just wonder what my bonus might drop to as there's no information I can find out about this online. My bonus is currently 60% (before today!)
Thanks

June.

POP car insurance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NukkuMatti

Re: POP car insurance

Post by NukkuMatti » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:11 pm

Well..
depends on the terms of your insurance, you should read those.

Mine, from IF, does not punish me right away with a drop in bonus, so one transgression is not having consequences for my bonus... I just pay a little more maybe than with POP.
Although having said that, I pay 22€ a month for a 1924kg car from 1994 (7 seat station wagon) with 283HP (tuned it myself). 8)
So I do not know which is the cheaper one... (and yeah the 22€ a month is for traffic liability only with 70% = max bonus for this 10+ year old insurance).

betelgeuse

Re: POP car insurance

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm

spoonsey wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:49 am
Hi guys, I have had POP "liability" car insurance for years and it's always been reasonably priced. However today I backed into another car in a car park, the other driver was actually driving on the left side of the road out because a corner approaching. However I should have also been more aware of my surroundings. Anyway, I reported it, and now I know that my bonus will now drop down from this.
Has anyone had any experience of this? It was my first ever accident and I've been driving many years. There was a bit of a scratch and a dent in her car. Mine is absolutely fine. I just wonder what my bonus might drop to as there's no information I can find out about this online. My bonus is currently 60% (before today!)
https://www.popvakuutus.fi/vakuutukset/ ... s/bonukset#