Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Fati

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by Fati » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:42 pm

Guys I am travelling soon and I think I need to inform migri. Can someone give me migri email?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mustaaa1

Post by Mustaaa1 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:04 pm

nikskate wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:33 pm
I got a positive decision today. It was a bit of a (pleasant) shock because it never went to "2nd in progress" stage. I just received an sms that a decision has been made.
Congratulations to you! If I may ask, when did you apply and your queue number ( not like the queue number matters these days)

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:18 pm

Mustaaa1 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:04 pm
nikskate wrote:
I got a positive decision today. It was a bit of a (pleasant) shock because it never went to "2nd in progress" stage. I just received an sms that a decision has been made.
Congratulations to you! If I may ask, when did you apply and your queue number ( not like the queue number matters these days)
Thanks! I applied 1st week of January this year. Is queue number same as customer number? Mine starts with 219

Schmania

Post by Schmania » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:54 pm

nikskate wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Mustaaa1 wrote:
nikskate wrote:
Thanks! I applied 1st week of January this year. Is queue number same as customer number? Mine starts with 219
Wow, congrats! This was a fast one!
The queue number was the number that Kamu chatbot would give to you when you sent it your application’s diary number.
It’s supposed to give you an estimate of how many applications are there before yours (but is not very accurate)

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:03 am

nikskate wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Mustaaa1 wrote:
nikskate wrote:
wow....this is pleasant surprise indeed. It took only 2 months and some weeks. Well those of us waiting for 20 months and over l guess our applications have been thrown into the dustbins....

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:22 am

Oh I didn’t know that. I just assumed that the queue number will show up when my application gets to 2nd stage.

I also just found out that I did receive an email in that same morning saying the ”in process” stage has started and somehow a decision was already made by afternoon.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 am

nikskate wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:22 am
Oh I didn’t know that. I just assumed that the queue number will show up when my application gets to 2nd stage.

I also just found out that I did receive an email in that same morning saying the ”in process” stage has started and somehow a decision was already made by afternoon.
WOW, that was fast! Maybe there's hope for the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol: . Anyhow, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:05 am

Fati wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:42 pm
Guys I am travelling soon and I think I need to inform migri. Can someone give me migri email?
You inform them by sending message in "send additional information" in your application.

Fati

Post by Fati » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:30 am

broccoli wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:05 am
Fati wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:42 pm
You inform them by sending message in "send additional information" in your application.
Thank you 😊

amine04

Post by amine04 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:30 am

nikskate wrote:

Congratulations. Can you please share more details
Are u working or married ? Is your country in the list ?
Were you student ?

vla

Post by vla » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:46 pm

Hi, I also want to share my experience, but I am not sure if its useful.

I joined this forum when I moved to Finland (or when I was about to move, not sure anymore) and I remembered I read by then (2019) about this long waitings for the citizenship application, but since I had just moved I thought that I would have to deal with that at some point.

Well, In december I did the application and visited the immigration office on the next day, since I had scheduled the time several months in advance, because I already knew the date when I would fulfill the 4 years of living in Finland. I received the positive decision after two months and three weeks of waiting. I couldn't believe that this could be so fast, specially when they told me in the office that it could take up to two years.

I have seen that you have being talking about some country list, but I am not sure what it's about. I was also worried because one year I was entrepreneur and at the end it didn't go well (I had to file for bankruptcy), but it seems that it didn't affect since I formed a OY (Osakeyhtiö) and I didn't have liability about that, I guess.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 pm

vla wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:46 pm

I joined this forum when I moved to Finland (or when I was about to move, not sure anymore) and I remembered I read by then (2019) about this long waitings for the citizenship application, but since I had just moved I thought that I would have to deal with that at some point.

Well, In december I did the application and visited the immigration office on the next day, since I had scheduled the time several months in advance, because I already knew the date when I would fulfill the 4 years of living in Finland. I received the positive decision after two months and three weeks of waiting. I couldn't believe that this could be so fast, specially when they told me in the office that it could take up to two years.

I have seen that you have being talking about some country list, but I am not sure what it's about. I was also worried because one year I was entrepreneur and at the end it didn't go well (I had to file for bankruptcy), but it seems that it didn't affect since I formed a OY (Osakeyhtiö) and I didn't have liability about that, I guess.
WOW, another fast decision! Congratulations!!!

The "country list" refers to countries whose documentation is considered less reliable for various reasons. Apparently migri has to conduct more investigations in those cases, hence the longer wait times.

I applied for citizenship at the beginning of last August and had my appointment at migri about two weeks later. I did not fulfil the four-year residency requirement until October, but I figured there was no harm in going a little earlier. The agent at migri reviewed my application, asked a few questions and sent the application into the queue. I'm still at stage one, but I'm not concerned. It seems as if applications are picked at random, based on some known-only-to-migri criteria.

Anyhow, well done! Pat yourself on the back.

vla

Post by vla » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:17 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 pm
vla wrote:

The "country list" refers to countries whose documentation is considered less reliable for various reasons. Apparently migri has to conduct more investigations in those cases, hence the longer wait times.

I applied for citizenship at the beginning of last August and had my appointment at migri about two weeks later. I did not fulfil the four-year residency requirement until October, but I figured there was no harm in going a little earlier. The agent at migri reviewed my application, asked a few questions and sent the application into the queue. I'm still at stage one, but I'm not concerned. It seems as if applications are picked at random, based on some known-only-to-migri criteria.

And it was actually same as @nikskate, that an email came in the morning and then in the afternoon I got the decision. There was a link in the email to check the place in the queue, and it said 4750, so I thought that it would take months. Not sure what that queue is in practice.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:34 pm

vla wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:17 pm
Auringon_kukka wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 pm
vla wrote:

And it was actually same as @nikskate, that an email came in the morning and then in the afternoon I got the decision. There was a link in the email to check the place in the queue, and it said 4750, so I thought that it would take months. Not sure what that queue is in practice.
My queue number as of today is 4055 (still stage one). Why some files are chosen over others is a mystery. Maybe the automated system tells them that file XY is straightforward, versus another file that is incomplete, etc.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:52 pm

amine04 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:30 am
nikskate wrote:

Congratulations. Can you please share more details
Are u working or married ? Is your country in the list ?
Were you student ?

I live here for about 8 years now. Married to an EU citizen and had my residence permit thru family ties. My country is not on the list but I am non-EU. Got my degree here (which fulfilled the language requirement) and found a permanent contract job immediately after graduation. I did my citizenship application electronically.