Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
boy30062021

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by boy30062021 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 pm

Mamu wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am
Edward35 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:24 pm

Same here 19 months and still stage 1. Married to a finn and have kids. Senior software engineer. No crime and also have finnish university degree 🤣🤣🤣🤣. 0 kela money as well. Happy waiting for us 🤣🤣🤣
Getting 23kk permanent job, clean records . Still stage one .Hey guys let’s enjoy the migri cruise 🚢
Edward! Mate me and you never forget 2021-2022-2023 hoping to this year we get the decision someday.
Very crazy to see that our applications have seen 3 freeking years Mamu :D :D :D
It is just that migri does not do anything about applications in 2020 and 2021. If they do 20 per day that is 400 a month that should quickly clean the stupid backlogs they created for no reason

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:53 pm

Mamu wrote:
Edward35 wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:24 pm

Same here 19 months and still stage 1. Married to a finn and have kids. Senior software engineer. No crime and also have finnish university degree 🤣🤣🤣🤣. 0 kela money as well. Happy waiting for us 🤣🤣🤣
Getting 23kk permanent job, clean records . Still stage one .Hey guys let’s enjoy the migri cruise 🚢
Edward! Mate me and you never forget 2021-2022-2023 hoping to this year we get the decision someday.
Let’s hope so mate!!! 🫶🏾

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:54 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 pm
Mamu wrote:
Edward35 wrote:

Very crazy to see that our applications have seen 3 freeking years Mamu :D :D :D
It is just that migri does not do anything about applications in 2020 and 2021. If they do 20 per day that is 400 a month that should quickly clean the stupid backlogs they created for no reason
Mate, not easy to think about. Let’s hope for the best🫶🏾

mani121

Post by mani121 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:21 pm

RandomDude wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:07 pm
mani121 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:23 am
25kk, stage 1.. no abnormalities in the records..
I recently emailed Migri about my application and they said that "odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika-arvio voi olla tällä hetkellä jopa 27 kuukautta.", i.e. waiting time could be up to 27 months :o So you are getting really close to that.
Yes, hopefully soon :)

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:58 pm

So, finally, in this forum, we got only 4 positive decisions in January.
------
Absoft - 22 months
Queue no at start - 5212
18 days on 2nd stage
Asked for travel history and income
-------
WeDoNotSow - 4 months
moved to stage 2 and an hour later got decision
-------
norieb - 8 months
-------
Finnit - 20 months
queue number is 1213
country is on the list
------

Subzero

Post by Subzero » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:57 pm

I just want to understand the criteria migri is using to select and process the application. Why are people getting their decisions faster than others. This is discriminating and not fair

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:50 pm

Subzero wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:57 pm
I just want to understand the criteria migri is using to select and process the application. Why are people getting their decisions faster than others. This is discriminating and not fair
People here are telling that applicants from migri's blacklist countries are getting decisions after 2 - 3 years of waiting. Same for refugees.

But for others there is no criteria. Only your own luck. Some people are getting decision in six months, some are waiting for two years for no reason. Even if you think you have a straightforward case you can wait for 18 months and more, like some fellow applicants in this forum. There is almost nothing to do with it. Nobody knows how queue system works and Migri is able to do what it wants.

And welcome to the frustration club :star:

machadolucas

Post by machadolucas » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:58 am

I have a friend who works at Migri and here are some insights:

There's not a real queue and the number does not matter much. The "queue number" we get means only "estimated amount of applications waiting to be processed, which were received before yours".

Internally they separate applications in different baskets depending on how easy they seem to be at the moment we verify our identity at Migri's office (for example straightforward applications, applications missing or with unclear documents, applications submitted before completing residence period, etc).
Straightforward applications can be partially processed by automation and checked by regular officers and go faster, while more difficult cases have to be escalated to their supervisors (there are less of them) and require more attention, waiting and processing time. Often the delay is also because Migri people put an effort to try to fix some applications which would normally be rejected as they are. A great number of applications are submitted without all requirements fulfilled, with missing/wrong/unreliable documents, or before the required residence period.

And Migri does not promise at any point that they process applications by receiving order. It's always a case-by-case analysis and different cases require different efforts in investigation before a final important (irreversible and permanent) decision. Sometimes they need to contact foreign authorities and wait for their reply before continuing the application, and that could take weeks in phase 2. They also have to check for example police, supo, debt, and other databases and deal with whatever they might find there.
Citizenship is also discretionary and could be rejected without reason even with all requirements fulfilled, as no one has a right to Finnish citizenship.

Migri application fees are also based on the amount of hours they estimate employees spend with an application (Citizenship requires deeper investigation so that's why it's more expensive than residence permits). Because of that there's an active effort in increasing automation and employees also have quotas to fill every month. - They aim to reduce waiting times and the fee in the future.
Recent improvements like getting and checking income information automatically are one of the things that eliminate a lot of friction of the process.

What is making the "queue" so long and slow now, besides bigger amount of applications received in the last years, is that so many of them are poorly filled and Migri spends much extra effort in trying to "fix" and investigating them instead of just rejecting. That's why they are always stressing for people not to submit applications before fulfilling all of the requirements.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:02 pm

machadolucas wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:58 am

[...]
Straightforward applications can be partially processed by automation and checked by regular officers and go faster, while more difficult cases have to be escalated to their supervisors (there are less of them) and require more attention, waiting and processing time. Often the delay is also because Migri people put an effort to try to fix some applications which would normally be rejected as they are. A great number of applications are submitted without all requirements fulfilled, with missing/wrong/unreliable documents, or before the required residence period.
[...]

Very interesting to have insights "from the inside." I'm a bit surprised, though, that so many applications require "fixing." As I recall, the application process is pretty mechanical and straightforward. That people are applying before they have fulfilled the residence requirement isn't surprising either. After all, if you have just a couple months left to go, there's little chance that your application will get immediate attention anyway.

Anyhow, your post made for a very interesting read!

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:03 pm

machadolucas wrote:

There's not a real queue and the number does not matter much. The "queue number" we get means only "estimated amount of applications waiting to be processed, which were received before yours".

Internally they separate applications in different baskets depending on how easy they seem to be at the moment we verify our identity at Migri's office (for example straightforward applications, applications missing or with unclear documents, applications submitted before completing residence period, etc).

And Migri does not promise at any point that they process applications by receiving order. It's always a case-by-case analysis and different cases require different efforts in investigation before a final important (irreversible and permanent) decision. Sometimes they need to contact foreign authorities and wait for their reply before continuing the application, and that could take weeks in phase 2. They also have to check for example police, supo, debt, and other databases and deal with whatever they might find there.
Citizenship is also discretionary and could be rejected without reason even with all requirements fulfilled, as no one has a right to Finnish citizenship.

Migri application fees are also based on the amount of hours they estimate employees spend with an application (Citizenship requires deeper investigation so that's why it's more expensive than residence permits). Because of that there's an active effort in increasing automation and employees also have quotas to fill every month. - They aim to reduce waiting times and the fee in the future.
Recent improvements like getting and checking income information automatically are one of the things that eliminate a lot of friction of the process.

What is making the "queue" so long and slow now, besides bigger amount of applications received in the last years, is that so many of them are poorly filled and Migri spends much extra effort in trying to "fix" and investigating them instead of just rejecting. That's why they are always stressing for people not to submit applications before fulfilling all of the requirements.
I would say this explanation does not make much sense. Some people have been waiting over 18 months their applications are in stage. How would Migri just put someone in a queue based on asumption? If someone who applies has not fullfilled the time they can mention that by email and the person who collects application can even see also the residence time.

About uncorrect filling of application I think they check that there when you go for interview so that is not a valid reason.

What I would say is that there is a type of discrimination based on nationalities and region where you come from. All this depends on the person who is in charge of your case.

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:30 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:02 pm
machadolucas wrote:

[...]
[...]

Very interesting to have insights "from the inside." I'm a bit surprised, though, that so many applications require "fixing." As I recall, the application process is pretty mechanical and straightforward. That people are applying before they have fulfilled the residence requirement isn't surprising either. After all, if you have just a couple months left to go, there's little chance that your application will get immediate attention anyway.

There have been cases where somebody had apparently waited for many months. They called Migri and the official told them they were sorry and would forward to the officer in charge. A week later, she got her decision. Again, correcting errors in application is the reason why someone who is of the same situation as another would have to wait 12 months extra ? Come on now! Those explanations are they just being diplomatic. A woman from one of the countries on the list who didn’t even have a passport got her decision in less than a year. How do we explain that ? It all comes down to who is in charge of your application. If they are skeptical you wait longer, I have always maintained that most people wouldn’t mind waiting two years or even three. It’s just makes you feel a little like a second class citizen when other people keep getting theirs sooner. As we know in Finland, we wait for our turns patiently but we can’t help to wonder when the queue keeps skipping past you. But hey, I’m from a country on the list and so while I have waited for 15 months, I know I still have to wait an additional 9 more months at least.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:02 am

pizzapasta wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:30 pm
Auringon_kukka wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:02 pm
machadolucas wrote:

[...]
[...]

There have been cases where somebody had apparently waited for many months. They called Migri and the official told them they were sorry and would forward to the officer in charge. A week later, she got her decision. Again, correcting errors in application is the reason why someone who is of the same situation as another would have to wait 12 months extra ? Come on now! Those explanations are they just being diplomatic. A woman from one of the countries on the list who didn’t even have a passport got her decision in less than a year. How do we explain that ? It all comes down to who is in charge of your application. If they are skeptical you wait longer, I have always maintained that most people wouldn’t mind waiting two years or even three. It’s just makes you feel a little like a second class citizen when other people keep getting theirs sooner. As we know in Finland, we wait for our turns patiently but we can’t help to wonder when the queue keeps skipping past you. But hey, I’m from a country on the list and so while I have waited for 15 months, I know I still have to wait an additional 9 more months at least.
Well said Pizzapasta 🤣🤣🤣. The problem is not waiting 3 years but seeing people behind us getting without any other valid reason which frustrating. Let's hope we get ours soon 😊

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:36 am

machadolucas wrote:

Tell your friend I’am still waiting to almost 3 years what kind an investigation take that long it’s 21 century and I am Eu citizen.There is a great injustice you can see even if you are not a blind, it is a nonsense, unintelligent institution. How we feel right now it smells discrimination in the first place when some one have a decision in 3-6 months while we are waiting for decision 2-3 years.

If your eyes are black, your hair is black or if you are not European or, even if you are European, if your name is Muslim from Pakistan India or Arabic.You are waiting even if you fulfill all the conditions.The only remedy is to be patient, to seek the right.We all hope to come across a good officer not a Green-eyed crocodile.

I paid the application fee 25 months ago, don't you think it's ridiculous? This institution is running very slowly and is not doing its job properly.I think it should be suspended and investigated by the government.There are problems in other categories, not only for those who apply for citizenship.
Defend your friend elsewhere Please.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am

Mamu wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:36 am
machadolucas wrote:

Tell your friend I’am still waiting to almost 3 years what kind an investigation take that long it’s 21 century and I am Eu citizen.There is a great injustice you can see even if you are not a blind, it is a nonsense, unintelligent institution. How we feel right now it smells discrimination in the first place when some one have a decision in 3-6 months while we are waiting for decision 2-3 years.

If your eyes are black, your hair is black or if you are not European or, even if you are European, if your name is Muslim from Pakistan India or Arabic.You are waiting even if you fulfill all the conditions.The only remedy is to be patient, to seek the right.We all hope to come across a good officer not a Green-eyed crocodile.

I paid the application fee 25 months ago, don't you think it's ridiculous? This institution is running very slowly and is not doing its job properly.I think it should be suspended and investigated by the government.There are problems in other categories, not only for those who apply for citizenship.
Mamu you know people wont understand how it is and feel to wait longer. because of just that someone has some background or names that does not sounds well to Migri agent ears you just end up waiting very long 🤣🤣🤣. In Migri names like Samuel is treated faster than Abdalah but when you talk about discrimination people might just say that is not right. As you said we just have to be patient and wait for our turn. Waiting longer is not a problem but seing that people that applied a year after us are getting without any valid reason that is unfair. Soon 20 months waiting and still stage 1. My study info was checked 5 months ago but still stage 1 and I dont know what they need or why they do not process mine still 🤣🤣

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:09 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:46 am
Mamu wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:36 am
machadolucas wrote:

Mamu you know people wont understand how it is and feel to wait longer. because of just that someone has some background or names that does not sounds well to Migri agent ears you just end up waiting very long 🤣🤣🤣. In Migri names like Samuel is treated faster than Abdalah but when you talk about discrimination people might just say that is not right. As you said we just have to be patient and wait for our turn. Waiting longer is not a problem but seing that people that applied a year after us are getting without any valid reason that is unfair. Soon 20 months waiting and still stage 1. My study info was checked 5 months ago but still stage 1 and I dont know what they need or why they do not process mine still 🤣🤣
Citizenship’s applications like Tinder App officer are skipping it when you come up ,I can't imagine the officer's face expression. 🤣 Sometimes you match with migri by mistakes I mean moving the stage 2 tinder match Migri ei vastaa.