Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
boy30062021

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by boy30062021 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:10 pm

Mamu wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:16 am
boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:56 pm
Mamu wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:19 pm

Hi mate I called them many times it’s not helping same thing always they said. I argued with someone on the fone,I said to her have you ever been waiting for yourself 20kk. She said probably not waited that .She hopes I get decision soon is possible:)
Very frustrating. I hope you get really soon. Second stage for about 4 months is too much. I hope our decisions come soon 😊
Thanks 😊
I am not worried about this anymore I have other things to concentrate on.This Migri are most stupid people they don’t even know what they are doing . I sent a message vie the enterFinland just said 21 century dumbest institution I ever seen it bfore. 🤣

:D :D :D :D :D
I hope they won't get offended by that :D :D . You are right, I have never seen any institution in my life that is dumb like Migri :D. I feel like sometimes calling and shouting but I just say it is not a right but a privilege they give to someone citizenship :o

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:34 am

I am hoping this year Mamu and a few others get citizenship so the forum can enjoy a bit less complaining :D
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 am

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:34 am
I am hoping this year Mamu and a few others get citizenship so the forum can enjoy a bit less complaining :D
I think you wanted to say "Mamu and a few others get citizenship so the forum can finally die"

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:10 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 am
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
I think you wanted to say "Mamu and a few others get citizenship so the forum can finally die"
lmao. Close enough :D

What do you guys think about Migri doubling the waiting times this year btw? Did anyone else notice?
Processing time for applications:
7-27 months

sri3001

Post by sri3001 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:35 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:10 am
kalaizanala wrote:
37yqp8098y5 wrote:

What do you guys think about Migri doubling the waiting times this year btw? Did anyone else notice?
7-27 months
Can you please post a link to this? I cannot seem to find it.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:31 pm

sri3001 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:35 pm
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:10 am
kalaizanala wrote:

7-27 months
Can you please post a link to this? I cannot seem to find it.
It can be found from processing time checker
https://migri.fi/en/check-the-processin ... pplication

I think they extended waiting time up to 27 months in October. When I was applying it was 18 months.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:30 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
I hope actually I wish,you also wait like 20 months or more so you will understand what’s complaining means.

fiksumuksu69

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pm

Hi everyone! A question to those who attended a Migri appointment already - what was the appointment like? What did they ask, how much did you actually converse? Any tips on what I should be prepared for? I'm confident in my Finnish, but concerned about getting stumped on the spot :) Thanks!

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:02 am

fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pm
Hi everyone! A question to those who attended a Migri appointment already - what was the appointment like? What did they ask, how much did you actually converse? Any tips on what I should be prepared for? I'm confident in my Finnish, but concerned about getting stumped on the spot :) Thanks!
Migri worker asked me a few really simple questions, like: is it your home address and phone number? where are you working? can I check your passport? Then she said that my documents are ok and explained something about waiting time and queue checking.
In total this visit took about 10-15 minutes. There was no any complicated questions at all.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:35 pm

fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pm
I concur with kalaizanala. My appointment took between 10 and 15 minutes. The process was very straightforward: request to see passport (officer made photocopies of all pages with stamps) and YKI certificate, verification of address, question about nationality of my parents (deceased; I'd left that spot blank :wink: ), question about purpose of recent trip abroad. Lastly, the officer gave an estimate of processing times and stressed the importance of having a valid residence permit while your citizenship application is being processed.

You should manage just fine in Finnish. The officer's questions are intended to verify information you have provided, so short answers will suffice. If ever you should stumble, I wouldn't worry. After all, the officers understand that contacts with officials are not an everyday experience, so they get it that people may be nervous. You'll ace it :)

fiksumuksu69

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Thank you very much kalaizanala and Auringon_kukka for the quick and reassuring responses! :D

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:17 pm

Mamu wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:30 pm
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
I hope actually I wish,you also wait like 20 months or more so you will understand what’s complaining means.
I would still not be complaining after 3 years because I understand it's a privilege not a right. It takes as long as it takes. No one "needs" citizenship. If you can apply for citizenship then you already fulfil the rights to live here permanently without it.
fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:17 pm
Thank you very much kalaizanala and Auringon_kukka for the quick and reassuring responses! :D
I had a much longer conversation but that was only because I felt like having it. Overall you should be confident enough to handle the entire thing in Finnish or Swedish. They won't intentionally try and derail things or confuse you though but they will ask you general questions.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:57 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:17 pm
I would still not be complaining after 3 years because I understand it's a privilege not a right. It takes as long as it takes. No one "needs" citizenship. If you can apply for citizenship then you already fulfil the rights to live here permanently without it.
You may not realize this simple thing, but there is not much difference between you and other "complainers". People here are complaining about Migri's work, and you are complaining about other applicants. That's it.

esimerkki

Post by esimerkki » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:15 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:57 pm
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:17 pm
You may not realize this simple thing, but there is not much difference between you and other "complainers". People here are complaining about Migri's work, and you are complaining about other applicants. That's it.

Ha-Nguyen

Post by Ha-Nguyen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:21 am

Hi friends! On hauska knowing about this forum & thread(S) about citizenship application tracking. Thanks for all the information you all posted. To "give back", sharing below my notes so far (about CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION "INTERVIEW") of a good 1,5 hour browsing to ease my curiosity about this whole thing! :wink:

Overall I think if we have spent time and effort fulfilling requirements for something at this stage, it means a lot to us in different ways. So yeah, good luck to everyone and let's not forget to enjoy life during the process! And remind ourselves to credit our hard work and celebrate how far we had gone (or waited haha)!

--- TECHNICAL TIPS for those who (like me) a bit nervous or unconfident with their Finnish skill ---
The interview is pretty basic and they just ask simple questions concerning your documents
They just asked basic questions about my application, about my job history etc
be prepared for questions that may be about your application and your background mit is a relaxed discussion.
The lady in the migri asked quite basic questions, like "give me your passport", "take your documents back" etc., probably she asked me to remove glasses "lassi pois"
Try to repeat some easy stuff like "Mä työskentelen ... " etc. and "olen naimisissa/ei ole naimisissa" etc.
A few really simple questions, like: is it your home address and phone number? where are you working? can I check your passport? Then she said that my documents are ok and explained something about waiting time and queue checking.
The process was very straightforward: request to see passport (officer made photocopies of all pages with stamps) and YKI certificate, verification of address, question about nationality of my parents (deceased; I'd left that spot blank :wink: ), question about purpose of recent trip abroad. Lastly, the officer gave an estimate of processing times and stressed the importance of having a valid residence permit while your citizenship application is being processed.
"Get comfortable with saying you didn't understand, asking them to repeat a sentence, or asking them to explain a word.
Anteeksi, voisitko toistaa?
Anteeksi, voisitko sanoa sen uudelleen?
En ymmärsit ""poronkusema"" - mitä se tarkoitta?"
--- Now the MENTAL REASSURANCE - believing you can do it & you're half way there ---
I wouldn’t advise to give much importance to Finnish language. The most important part is to fulfill all requirements
So it wasn't like that the agent was interviewing me or evaluating my language skills
It's not an interview - don't believe anyone who tells you it is.
The migri "interviewer" asked me only one question (did I have my own company in the last 5 years), to which I replied no in Finnish.
After copying all my docs, he spoke for a couple of minutes - the main thing I picked up was it was going to take at least 9 months to get a result (in line with the website guidance).
The LAW says that citizenship can be obtained with a pass in the YKI combination you have. It is THE LAW.
The migri application says if you can't discuss in Finnish with their employees, it "may" affect your application. This is very vague, and I take it to mean they might somehow double check that it was you that actually took the exam.
My advice - stop worrying. Put the application in, go see them, manage the "interview" (it's not!), and then forget the whole thing, for 9-25 months.
Perfect mastering of the language is not expected with YKI 3.
She even tried to speak english but I was trying to keep Finnish LOL-). Do not worry it is not an exam.
She tried to use simple Finnish when communicating to me :)
In total this visit took about 10-15 minutes. There was no any complicated questions at all.
You should manage just fine in Finnish. The officer's questions are intended to verify information you have provided, so short answers will suffice. If ever you should stumble, I wouldn't worry. After all, the officers understand that contacts with officials are not an everyday experience, so they get it that people may be nervous. You'll ace it :)
They won't intentionally try and derail things or confuse you though but they will ask you general questions.
P/S: There is something great about the "spirit" we have here. I dunno how to best explain. But like brother/sisterhood. Do you guys meet offline? I think people can make good friends for life from forums like this :)

Cheers,
Ha