Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
No_doo

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by No_doo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:39 pm
ihalainen wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:12 pm
TUserFin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:03 pm

94 pages? Nope. I guess you are from these countries than.
And...? If you read a little more than the last few pages, you would see that people from different countries have been waiting for a long time.
Most of them not waiting if you is not on the list and not from unfriendly states. Based on how you handle this situation, you probably did not apply based on work? You see, if I would wait longer than 6 months, I will call them and push them to give me new estimates. You even dont think to do that, you just accept reality which will never be on your side unless ypu do something.
Lol
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

No_doo

Re: New Thread for 2024

Post by No_doo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:02 pm

Auringon_kukka wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:40 pm
Applying for Citizenship 2024--new thread

For everyone's information, I have started a new thread for 2024 on the main page. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
I cannot see the link either

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:04 pm

ihalainen wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:52 pm
TUserFin wrote:
You see, if I would wait longer than 6 months, I will call them and push them to give me new estimates. You even dont think to do that, you just accept reality which will never be on your side unless ypu do something.
Good luck and let us know what unusual words they'll find for you then :lol: :lol: :lol: Just read the thread and I repeat - I really hope that you will be more lucky!

Well I know people who were calling and getting answers, and you are hidding and makings laughs, and not sharing anything more except negative sentiments. It is clear for me that there is something special about tour background which you do not want to share here (for example, you country of origin does not provide info about you or crime records).

If you check citezenship stat here, migi has Exipred matters decisions for some nationalities, i.e. they just reject application after processing time expired

https://statistics.migri.fi/#decisions

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:10 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:04 pm
ihalainen wrote:
TUserFin wrote:
You see, if I would wait longer than 6 months, I will call them and push them to give me new estimates. You even dont think to do that, you just accept reality which will never be on your side unless ypu do something.
Good luck and let us know what unusual words they'll find for you then :lol: :lol: :lol: Just read the thread and I repeat - I really hope that you will be more lucky!

Well I know people who were calling and getting answers, and you are hidding and makings laughs, and not sharing anything more except negative sentiments. It is clear for me that there is something special about tour background which you do not want to share here (for example, you country of origin does not provide info about you or crime records).

If you check citezenship stat here, migi has Exipred matters decisions for some nationalities, i.e. they just reject application after processing time expired

Welcome to the forum our new fella!
Hold your horses and don't accuse anyone because there is a long waiting time ahead of you. Be patient, read, get yourself educated. And don't accuse others.
People here are simply waiting as you are. No one is getting quicker decision because they are better or having a faster or clearer application than others. It is a random process and no one knows on what migri ranks us internally.

Calm down, learn to be patient and wait.
Good luck!
Last edited by No_doo on Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:16 pm

TUserFin wrote:

You really do need to read the thread at least a little bit more.
I can confirm that there are/were quite many people from the countries which are not on the list and those people had to wait much longer than migri estimated processing times.
Also, 6 months is only the lower border of the estimated time. Currently the upped border is 21 months. So IMO it does not even make sense to contact them before 21 months of waiting. Because all they reply will be something like "it is within estimated interval. sit tight and wait".

Many people have contacted Migri, but I don't remember even a single case where they would answer with any details at all.
Furthermore, Migri explicitly says on their website "Please remember that you cannot speed up the processing of your application by contacting us".

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:17 pm

No_doo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:10 pm
TUserFin wrote:
ihalainen wrote:

Hold your horses and don't accuse anyone because there is a long waiting time ahead of you. Be patient, read, get yourself educated. And don't accuse others.
People here are simply waiting as you are. No one is getting quicker decision because they are better or having a faster or clearer application than others. It is a random process and no one knows on what migri ranks us internally.

Calm down, learn to be patient and wait. You will get it someday after a well deserved waiting!

Good luck!
Chill down bro, I think you dont get the point. It is not random. I know a person who called migri and they told him exact month when his application will be processed, and it was processed that month. Migri knows everything. Do your country of origin has expired matters on the stat page, I shared? If yes it means that delay probably because of communication with your authorities.

p.s. there a lot of people from May-June this year who got a decision in 4-5 months

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, anyone from a stable country here which is not on a list and not Russia/Belorussia (as they might go through SUPO checks) on this forrum who applied based on work, passed yki, lives 5 years and waiting above 7 month for a decision? ...also country does not have expired matters on the stat page?

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:41 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:17 pm
No_doo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:10 pm
TUserFin wrote:

Calm down, learn to be patient and wait. You will get it someday after a well deserved waiting!

Good luck!
Chill down bro, I think you dont get the point. It is not random. I know a person who called migri and they told him exact month when his application will be processed, and it was processed that month. Migri knows everything. Do your country of origin has expired matters on the stat page, I shared? If yes it means that delay probably because of communication with your authorities.

p.s. there a lot of people from May-June this year who got a decision in 4-5 months
Nope. My county doesn’t have an expired matters. And I know many people from my country who got it quickly, while others got it after a long wait. It is so random as I believe.

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:46 pm

No_doo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:41 pm

Nope. My county doesn’t have an expired matters. And I know many people from my country who got it quickly, while others got it after a long wait. It is so random as I believe.
And your application is based on work or what condition?

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:49 pm

Btw no one who complained here said that he/she called migri to clarify, only email. I find this strange... Either it is finnish language problem or just lazines to take matter under control or what else? Lets find the core issue here. Something is still unsaid...

Br_fi

Post by Br_fi » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:13 pm

There's no such thing as applying for citizenship based on work. You apply when you fulfill the requirements and you have a valid permit to live in Finland.

Not long ago I've read in this same forum a woman saying she got the citizenship and she has never worked a day in Finland in all these years, probably being a housewife. In fact, having a job and working is not even necessary for citizenship application, you can just show Kela benefits and your spouse's income and it's accepted. That's something I definitely agree should change if the new laws pass.

Br_fi

Post by Br_fi » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:31 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:49 pm
Btw no one who complained here said that he/she called migri to clarify, only email. I find this strange... Either it is finnish language problem or just lazines to take matter under control or what else? Lets find the core issue here. Something is still unsaid...
Funny to think you can "take the matter under control" when it comes to Migri.
Calling Migri is pointless and they say it themselves on their website. You really think people who have been waiting for 20 months didn't try at some point to contact Migri directly?!

You'll wait like everyone else and there's nothing you can do about it. You might be lucky and get a decision in 6 months or you might be unlucky and wait for 20 months.

I applied in the beginning of June and had hopes I'd get a decision quickly, especially after I saw many people in this forum telling they applied in June and got it in November.
My country is not on the list, I moved to Finland on family ties to a Finnish spouse, I have a job, no criminal record, so I thought I'd have an easy case but so far nothing. Soon my 7th month will start and maybe I'll be one of those who wait for more than a year after all, and that's just how life goes. No despair, I have a PR after all.
Last edited by Br_fi on Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:47 pm

Br_fi wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:13 pm
There's no such thing as applying for citizenship based on work. You apply when you fulfill the requirements and you have a valid permit to live in Finland.

Not long ago I've read in this same forum a woman saying she got the citizenship and she has never worked a day in Finland in all these years, probably being a housewife. In fact, having a job and working is not even necessary for citizenship application, you can just show Kela benefits and your spouse's income and it's accepted. That's something I definitely agree should change if the new laws pass.
Yes, there is such thing. There is application based on work, asulym, family ties, or if you had finnish grandma - all of these applications have different processing time. The work-based is shortest.

Br_fi

Post by Br_fi » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:54 pm

TUserFin wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:47 pm
Br_fi wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Yes, there is such thing. There is application based on work, asulym, family ties, or if you had finnish grandma - all of these applications have different processing time. The work-based is shortest.

You must be confusing citizenship application with residence permit application.
For citizenship there's absolutely the same application form and we end up in the same line.

TUserFin

Post by TUserFin » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:04 pm

Note from migri website

"The number of applications in the queue includes applications that have same grounds as your application". They had to tell you about this in service center. It means that migri have allocated different personal who handle application based on your grounds with different speed. So, those who wait 10 months or more, what are your grounds and is your country on the list including Russia/Belorussia? Just share or just stop complaining )))