Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Ha-Nguyen

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by Ha-Nguyen » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:29 am

Hahahahah (now I'm laughing at my own joke) IMAGINE people at Migri also have their own forums to express thoughts and feelings and tips just like us. Maybe it's not the people (no matter from which side) but the system needed to be improved.

Maybe the Migri ladies and gentlemen also writing something like
  • Ugh another call with complaint I can feel their anger but can't do nothing to help instead of the script i am allowed to say
  • Guys today such a productive days 50 applications approved with positive decision by the legendary ME
  • Omg have you seen this? People have a online forum where they discuss about what we do. But if you haven't known maybe keep it that way. So you won't feel bad about your work (like I did)
Hahahahaahhhaha

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

esimerkki

Post by esimerkki » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:10 pm

Ha-Nguyen wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:29 am
Hahahahah (now I'm laughing at my own joke) IMAGINE people at Migri also have their own forums to express thoughts and feelings and tips just like us. Maybe it's not the people (no matter from which side) but the system needed to be improved.

• Ugh another call with complaint I can feel their anger but can't do nothing to help instead of the script i am allowed to say
  • Guys today such a productive days 50 applications approved with positive decision by the legendary ME
  • Omg have you seen this? People have a online forum where they discuss about what we do. But if you haven't known maybe keep it that way. So you won't feel bad about your work (like I did)
Hahahahaahhhaha
It will be even more fun if you are an undercover Migri worker , and now giving us a sneek peek of what is happening in Migri :)

Just kidding , welcome to the Forum ! hopefully you stay positive with all the negativity here.

fiksumuksu69

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:19 pm

It looks like my queue number is increasing instead of going down! 7 people appeared in queue in front of me after my application. Has this happened to anyone else?

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:32 pm

fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:19 pm
It looks like my queue number is increasing instead of going down! 7 people appeared in queue in front of me after my application. Has this happened to anyone else?
This never happened to me. But people here were saying that this situation is happening sometimes.

Finnit

Post by Finnit » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Hello folks, how long it takes to process the citizenship application once the status changed from waiting to process to in progress? I know investigations are not the same for everyone but usually how long to final stage? Any insights?

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:04 pm

fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pm
Hi everyone! A question to those who attended a Migri appointment already - what was the appointment like? What did they ask, how much did you actually converse? Any tips on what I should be prepared for? I'm confident in my Finnish, but concerned about getting stumped on the spot :) Thanks!
I just applied via walk-in just after the new year. I already have a sched in March but I was on holiday so I might as well try it. I had to fall in line to get a number. It took about 25-30 mins ( Malmi migri opens at 9 and I arrived at around 9.40) then I sat down and waited for my number which took about a little bit more than an hour.
Conversation is all in Finnish.
When I came in I told the agent that I am applying for citizenship and that I already have a sched in March but I have a free day today so I came.
Agent took my passport and residence card. Then asked for my phone number and my address. Then asked me if I travel a lot which I answered yes but not more than a month and usually just inside EU. The agent then asked if I have the language certificated attached on my online application. I said I had a degree certificate attached instead and then showed the original copy. The agent then asked if I have my work contract attached as well, I said yes and showed the original copy as well. *waited some minutes* . Then the agent said everything was okay but waiting time is 9-24 months and so I asked if I need to also apply for residence permit because mine will expire in 1.5 years and the agent said that maybe there is no need and anyway the wait for resident permit is not as long. Then the agent asked if it is okay to cancel my March appointment and so I said sure, thanks. The agent informed me that I will also get an sms that it is already cancelled. We said our goodbyes and that's it.
I was more of like a confirmation of the requirements needed for your application and not an interview to assess your language skills.

Dragun38

Post by Dragun38 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:40 pm

Finnit wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:59 pm
Hello folks, how long it takes to process the citizenship application once the status changed from waiting to process to in progress? I know investigations are not the same for everyone but usually how long to final stage? Any insights?
Hi,

It varies a lot from case to case, in some cases you will get immediately, or in some cases you might stuck for a long time. In my case it took around 3 weeks from started to process to decision is ready. I think Mamu is still in Process stage since September.

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:14 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:57 pm
You may not realize this simple thing, but there is not much difference between you and other "complainers". People here are complaining about Migri's work, and you are complaining about other applicants. That's it.
Wow captain obvious on the scene!
If they shut up about it, I'll shut up about them. :)
nikskate wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:04 pm
Then the agent said everything was okay but waiting time is 9-24 months and so I asked if I need to also apply for residence permit because mine will expire in 1.5 years and the agent said that maybe there is no need
If your RP expires whilst you are waiting for citizenship, then upon processing your citizenship application will be denied. It's pretty clearly written on Migri's pages.

You can stay in Finland whilst RP is processing, and also as though you still have an RP (if you previously had).

However this is not the case for citizenship. You need a valid RP at the time which your citizenship application is processed, otherwise you are declined. Everyone who applies for citizenship must also meet the requirements for getting a residence permit and must hold a valid residence permit.

You should make an application to renew your RP before the last 3 months of its validity. So in about 12 months. I wouldn't bother with doing it yet. You might be one of these "lucky ones" who gets their citizenship application within 6-8 months despite many having waited up to 2 years.

In other news, still checking my queue number monthly (or more) and it's now <3000 and bar is 75% of the way to the end lol.

Also what do you guys think about this? Major priorities for 'managers' and their families and people not even in the country, but those waiting years for citizenship are to be told to be "be patient": https://yle.fi/a/74-20010292
Surprising that they would even bother to do this given that as it says, less than 40 people per year apply under these grounds. Migri seems to have their priorities really badly set.

Hesari is roasting them at the moment too: https://yle.fi/a/74-20008356 :lol:
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

machadolucas

Post by machadolucas » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:06 pm

I believe residence permits should indeed have much more priority than citizenship applications, regardless of the residence permit type.

People waiting for citizenship already have a residence permit and can keep going with their lives in Finland, despite the anxiety of the waiting and the inconvenience of renewing the permit.
People waiting for a residence permit cannot move/study/work/live in Finland and that is much more impactful.

That said, there's plenty of things to be improved in Migri processes to make then better both on residence permits and citizenship applications (and it's being done for example with automation), but it takes time to implement them and make sure that mistakes do not happen, especially when the amount of received applications has been higher than usual.

Finnit

Post by Finnit » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:26 pm

:)
Dragun38 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:40 pm
Finnit wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:59 pm
Hi,

It varies a lot from case to case, in some cases you will get immediately, or in some cases you might stuck for a long time. In my case it took around 3 weeks from started to process to decision is ready. I think Mamu is still in Process stage since September.

@Manu, are you still waiting for the decision since September? Woow, that’s long

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:28 pm

I totally agree with you. A person who is waiting to move here or start a job should be given a priority. Most especially those that would immediately contribute to the society *cough* vero *cough*. For us waiting for citizenship, we could just wait. I know it’s frustrating but whether we get it sooner or later, it would not really have much impact with our lives as compared to someone who is waiting to start their new life.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:01 am

nikskate wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:28 pm
I totally agree with you. A person who is waiting to move here or start a job should be given a priority. Most especially those that would immediately contribute to the society *cough* vero *cough*. For us waiting for citizenship, we could just wait. I know it’s frustrating but whether we get it sooner or later, it would not really have much impact with our lives as compared to someone who is waiting to start their new life.
Applications for citizenship are handled by a separate department of Migri. Applications for residence permits do not affect the waiting list for citizenship.
The reason why we are waiting is because of high migration to Finland in 2015-2016 (especially refugees). Those who moved here that time started to apply for citizenship couple of years ago. And now we have a very big backlog.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:48 am

esimerkki wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:10 pm
Ha-Nguyen wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:29 am

Hahahahaahhhaha
It will be even more fun if you are an undercover Migri worker , and now giving us a sneek peek of what is happening in Migri :)

Just kidding , welcome to the Forum ! hopefully you stay positive with all the negativity here.
Mate any News from them? In my hundreds now in the queue. Stage 1

fiksumuksu69

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:08 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:32 pm
fiksumuksu69 wrote:
This never happened to me. But people here were saying that this situation is happening sometimes.
My queue number is still steadily increasing by a few places every work day since the day I applied :o Very interesting, going the wrong way :lol:

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:22 pm

fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:08 pm
kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:32 pm
fiksumuksu69 wrote:
My queue number is still steadily increasing by a few places every work day since the day I applied :o Very interesting, going the wrong way :lol:
This is how the queueing works if you newly applied. Anyone who submits his application before you get assigned the diary number even if you visit migri before them once they visit their number will be in front of you. So there are people who submits 3 months before interview and those can be ahead of you in terms of queue. What you should know the queue does not mean anything and Migri does not follow FIFO(first in first out) so forget about that. Someone can have queue number 5000 and get it while someone with 200 is still waiting.