Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Biyanii

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by Biyanii » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:32 pm
RandomDude wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:49 am
Applied in March 2022, queue number 22XX, still stage one :|

I believe my application is really straightforward except that I'm from Russia - but I had SUPO visit literally year ago already. Also recently my residence permit was extended again for four more years, so everything must be fine. I don't know why I have to wait this long.
My case is also very straightforward
Haha I have been waiting for 2 years and queue number 9xx 😅😅😅 let’s get ready for the new test and also more years to wait 😂😂😂https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000009609046.html
Same situation, been waiting for 2 years and still stage one.
Anyone here applied immediately after they turned 30?
If yes this is for sure the reason you are waiting for so long. Because before 30 if you get the citizenship you have to go to army 🙃.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:18 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
RandomDude wrote:

I believe my application is really straightforward except that I'm from Russia - but I had SUPO visit literally year ago already. Also recently my residence permit was extended again for four more years, so everything must be fine. I don't know why I have to wait this long.
Haha I have been waiting for 2 years and queue number 9xx 😅😅😅 let’s get ready for the new test and also more years to wait 😂😂😂https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000009609046.html
Interesting news article, thanks for sharing!

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:37 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
RandomDude wrote:

I gotta admit not all the proposed requirements are bad. For example the citizenship test might be quite necessary. I have found a number of Finnish passport holders who don’t know some basic things about the country nor are ready to learn so would be a good idea. However, what would happen to pending citizenship applications once these recommendations become policy ? Anybody knows ? Would those who haven’t for example lived here for 10 years get an automatic negative decision if the minimum duration requirement is revised upwards in that regard ?

astrom

Post by astrom » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:24 am

pizzapasta wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:37 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
RandomDude wrote:

I gotta admit not all the proposed requirements are bad. For example the citizenship test might be quite necessary. I have found a number of Finnish passport holders who don’t know some basic things about the country nor are ready to learn so would be a good idea. However, what would happen to pending citizenship applications once these recommendations become policy ? Anybody knows ? Would those who haven’t for example lived here for 10 years get an automatic negative decision if the minimum duration requirement is revised upwards in that regard ?

Nothing will change if you apply before the date that the future changes are legally enforced (when the parliament has approved the ammendment proposed now AND the ministries/migri have adjusted the law implementation to become applicable).

The Finnish constitution and international treaties that Finland has signed, are very strict regarding validity timelines of laws that are modified. This in practice means, that new laws can't be retroactive and affect the rights and conditions of citizens when at a specified date were covered by the articles of the law that was valid at the moment of its application. So, in the case of all of us waiting for the citizenship decision, the current conditions will be the criteria considered in our applications. Not whatever the upcoming government decides to change 😉.

Just imagine if the logic of changing the requirements of a law will follow whatever decision from the goverment in the turn backwards in time. It would be an absolute chaos for everyone- no one would have certainty of the rule of law anymore. Sorry for my legal jargon btw, hope it makes sense.

sri3001

Post by sri3001 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:44 am

pizzapasta wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:
RandomDude wrote:

For this to become policy, it will take years. For instance, the Swedish right-wing government that came to power last September promised similar reforms. But nothing has become policy yet if I am not mistaken.

And, I don't think these laws get enforced retrospectively. New guidelines will get enforced from a future date onwards.

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:37 am

astrom wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:24 am
pizzapasta wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:

Nothing will change if you apply before the date that the future changes are legally enforced (when the parliament has approved the ammendment proposed now AND the ministries/migri have adjusted the law implementation to become applicable).

The Finnish constitution and international treaties that Finland has signed, are very strict regarding validity timelines of laws that are modified. This in practice means, that new laws can't be retroactive and affect the rights and conditions of citizens when at a specified date were covered by the articles of the law that was valid at the moment of its application. So, in the case of all of us waiting for the citizenship decision, the current conditions will be the criteria considered in our applications. Not whatever the upcoming government decides to change 😉.

Just imagine if the logic of changing the requirements of a law will follow whatever decision from the goverment in the turn backwards in time. It would be an absolute chaos for everyone- no one would have certainty of the rule of law anymore. Sorry for my legal jargon btw, hope it makes sense.
Well put, makes perfect sense!

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am

pizzapasta wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:
RandomDude wrote:

I agree, a knowledge test for future applicants (should that proposal ever become law) would not be a bad thing. Many jurisdictions around the world have similar tests for naturalization candidates. So, basically, you memorize facts before the test (and forget a lot of them over time). It's always funny when they put those questions to "native borns." The level of knowledge about one's own country can be shockingly low.

Other countries also have citizenship ceremonies. I think Finland should introduce them. Among other things, they are an opportunity for new citizens and their families, etc. to celebrate together, in public.

mamutti

Post by mamutti » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:38 am

Hi guys!

I have applied in the beginning of September 2022, so right now it’s my 10th month of waiting. Some of my friends with the similar background who have applied also around my time have got the decision or at least in the second stage. I’ve decided to contact the officer to know, what is the approximate handling time, so I’ve got answer that it is 18 months 🥶

It’s interesting how the system of queue works and what factors influences it 🤔 Anyways, still waiting …

in.finland

Post by in.finland » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:22 pm

astrom wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:24 am
pizzapasta wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:

it's nice to see a detailed answer! as for folks who are still fulfilling their residency period requirement - I constantly see reassurance that these new laws, if are to be imposed, would take years. Does someone knows of any sources with more detailed explanation on the steps to pass a law, and the timeline for the each steps? These discussions spark my interests in the law-making process in Finland

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:16 pm

Subzero wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:51 pm
I fall in category 1 because my country is in the red list, apart from that I don't fall into any of the 5. But the funny thing is that I know many people from my country who have gotten their decision within 6 months. So what explanation can u give to that.?
They likely do not fall into any of the 5 categories, or they submitted their application AFTER Migri invoked the automation system they are using now.
Mamu wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 pm
So you changed the name here in Finland.What kind a criminal you then? It is a big question You changed because you are a refugee. I think . I am myselfDutch citizen.
You said bad many things about me even you be come Finnish citizen you are still pakolaiset 🤣🤣
What a load of hogwash lmao. I got married dum dum. We both took a new name for ourselves, it was done in Finland and completely legally during the marriage. It was done before I applied, the only thing that didn't match was my NZ Passport name because I changed it in Finland. I have since changed my name also in NZ and got a new NZ passport with the updated name after marriage. Migri also got a copy of that. Not surprising that the most obvious reason didn't even cross your mind... so you imagine some ridiculous story haha. I think every other member here would have thought of this except you. :lol:

The citizenship I applied with is New Zealand. I'm Kiwi. If you had an IQ over 60, you'd have realised I've said that already more than once and I have commented on New Zealand politics and systems here multiple times. You're probably the only one too dumb to have picked up on that. :roll:

You on the other hand are definitely a refugee from outside Netherlands. That much is clear from your semi-illiterate replies. So either born or naturalized Dutch citizen only, definitely not ethnically Dutch at all. Why you seem to want Finnish citizenship on top of Dutch citizenship I will never know (if you really do have a Dutch passport). I don't really believe you are a Dutch citizen either because they often still take your Dutch citizenship if you apply for another. I have many Dutch friends and have lived in The Netherlands, so this I know for certain. So more likely at least ethnically from Asia or Africa and likely that's what your passport shows also, despite what you want others to believe. I would practically bet my life on it.

If you actually had a Dutch passport. I don't believe it would be such a horrible thing for you to wait for an answer from Migri. No one who is already EU is concerned about getting another EU passport. From my own long experience Dutch people are generally some of the most patient and practical people too. So I don't believe a word of any of that frankly. It's just a shame you think other people here are too stupid to figure things out for themselves.

Good luck with the court case though! :lol:

P.S. Now I know your result and you're content with lying and making idiotic replies instead of using even common sense and are completely incapable of taking sound advice. You're on my ignore list. I actually want to keep to topic here.
Last edited by 37yqp8098y5 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:26 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
If this passes, Mamu is screwed. :lol: He won't get citizenship not now, not ever.
RandomDude wrote:

I believe my application is really straightforward except that I'm from Russia - but I had SUPO visit literally year ago already. A
You're joking right? If SUPO has even once spoken to you, then your case is definitely not "simple". I think they definitely put you in the "difficult persons" batch. I could have said as much even if SUPO had never spoken to you and you had just said "I'm Russian".
Auringon_kukka wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am
I agree, a knowledge test for future applicants (should that proposal ever become law) would not be a bad thing. Many jurisdictions around the world have similar tests for naturalization candidates. So, basically, you memorize facts before the test (and forget a lot of them over time). It's always funny when they put those questions to "native borns." The level of knowledge about one's own country can be shockingly low.

Other countries also have citizenship ceremonies. I think Finland should introduce them. Among other things, they are an opportunity for new citizens and their families, etc. to celebrate together, in public.
Nice to see some good sense happening in this thread. :ochesey: Let's also add the income requirement Perus proposed so the Wolt and Foodora guys have to actually get an education and stop being a drain on the economy. It's mental that people think if they are working just any job, that they are still contributing to the economy when their taxes don't even cover a single person's pension.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

RandomDude

Post by RandomDude » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:26 pm
You're joking right? If SUPO has even once spoken to you, then your case is definitely not "simple". I think they definitely put you in the "difficult persons" batch. I could have said as much even if SUPO had never spoken to you and you had just said "I'm Russian".
SUPO has been doing random chats with citizenship applicants for past twenty years. And a number of Russians had such chats and got their decisions fast still. Even nowadays.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:41 pm

Gracefully bowing out now. I just got my positive decision now!!

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:51 pm

Edward35 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:41 pm
Gracefully bowing out now. I just got my positive decision now!!
Congratulations Edward!
How long have you waited in total?

No_doo

Post by No_doo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:52 pm

mamutti wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:38 am
Hi guys!

I have applied in the beginning of September 2022, so right now it’s my 10th month of waiting. Some of my friends with the similar background who have applied also around my time have got the decision or at least in the second stage. I’ve decided to contact the officer to know, what is the approximate handling time, so I’ve got answer that it is 18 months 🥶

It’s interesting how the system of queue works and what factors influences it 🤔 Anyways, still waiting …

Hello
I applied in June 2022 and I have some friends from the same background who applied with me or even later and got their decision. Quiet funny. What’s your queue number now? Mine is 32xx