Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Edward35

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by Edward35 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:59 am

Subzero wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:41 am
Edward35 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:47 am
Subzero wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:42 am

. Great job. Looks like they are giving it to lots of people that applied in 2022 and sitting on 2020 and 2021 applicants. Anyway patience is a virtue
Really true. Patience is Virtue. Mate queue #765 ja vielä stage one. Really crazy and selective system 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

How many months have you been waiting..?
24kk

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:25 am

shallowpie wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:36 pm

Yeps, and recently my buddy, who also comes from Russia, got his decision after 6 months of waiting: came as a student, working full-time, no Finnish spouse. It seems to be a trend that people, applied in the middle/end of 2022, are getting their decisions after half a year of waiting, at least I know several cases...
Yep, just saw another one on LinkedIn. A Russian female that got her decision in less than 6 months.
Great to know that our red neighbors get 'priority' processing... Not.

Regardless of what-ever new systems they have in place now. People who applied in 2021, 2020, 2019 etc. should get priority processing.
Looks like whatever improvements they've made, it's got nothing to do with the previous applicants.
Schmania wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:08 am
Update for the forum’s stats:

Proved my identity in the end of September
Application moved to stage 2 at lunchtime today, half an hour later received a positive decision.

Incredibly fast, I was mentally prepared to wait for ages.
Curious, did you get an email or some other kind of SMS notification or something?
Many people are sating that their application passes without any kind of knowledge or notification and they check to find that it was accepted eg. 3 weeks earlier without their knowing.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

Schmania

Post by Schmania » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:23 am

Fati wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:35 pm
Schmania wrote:

Application moved to stage 2 at lunchtime today, half an hour later received a positive decision.

Congratss😊 can you please let me know when did you submit your application ?
Thank you, I submitted the application in August 2022
Last edited by Schmania on Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schmania

Post by Schmania » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:30 am

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:25 am
shallowpie wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:36 pm

Yeps, and recently my buddy, who also comes from Russia, got his decision after 6 months of waiting: came as a student, working full-time, no Finnish spouse. It seems to be a trend that people, applied in the middle/end of 2022, are getting their decisions after half a year of waiting, at least I know several cases...
Yep, just saw another one on LinkedIn. A Russian female that got her decision in less than 6 months.
Great to know that our red neighbors get 'priority' processing... Not.

Regardless of what-ever new systems they have in place now. People who applied in 2021, 2020, 2019 etc. should get priority processing.
Looks like whatever improvements they've made, it's got nothing to do with the previous applicants.
Schmania wrote:

Curious, did you get an email or some other kind of SMS notification or something?
Many people are sating that their application passes without any kind of knowledge or notification and they check to find that it was accepted eg. 3 weeks earlier without their knowing.
Yes, it’s nonsense they still haven’t processed people from two years ago, I don’t understand the process at all. A wild guess about why I was processed in 6 months could be that I have lived here around 7 years already, and worked the whole time, maybe the fact that I came so long ago affected something, I have no idea.

As for your question, I did get a frustrating number of notifications, I received an email, saying my application has been taken to stage 2, then some 25 minutes later a text message saying there is a decision (but no email). And then after that another email, saying that the application is in stage 2.

Schmania

Post by Schmania » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:32 am

On a side note, I don’t think it’s a priority processing related to the country, I know a lot of people from there who are waiting over 9kk.
(Also would be kind of dumb to set the priorities this way now)

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:57 pm

Schmania wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:32 am
On a side note, I don’t think it’s a priority processing related to the country, I know a lot of people from there who are waiting over 9kk.
Actually there is priority processing based on countries. The woman at my interview told me point blank that the average processing time for my country was 2 years. Then I called the office early this year complaining on why people I had applied long before were getting decisions before me. The response was that my application was gonna be looked at during the second half of this year and she wouldn’t budge. That is how come I developed the theory that once you visit the office, they place you at a certain time where your application would be looked at and nothing sooner. They wouldn’t change it even if the waiting period changes. The change would only apply to people who apply within that period. Unfortunately for a lot of the folk who applied in 2020; 2021, it is as if your fate has been sealed to have to wait for 2 or more years and there’s nothing to do about it. That is the Finnish way unfortunately. There are a few exceptions though. Also if your country is not on the list and you’re waiting longer than 16 months. You should probably call. Maybe if you’re lucky enough you get to speak to a considerable person who would forward your complaints to the appropriate person.

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:57 am

pizzapasta wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:57 pm
Schmania wrote:
Actually there is priority processing based on countries. The woman at my interview told me point blank that the average processing time for my country was 2 years. Then I called the office early this year complaining on why people I had applied long before were getting decisions before me. The response was that my application was gonna be looked at during the second half of this year and she wouldn’t budge. That is how come I developed the theory that once you visit the office, they place you at a certain time where your application would be looked at and nothing sooner. They wouldn’t change it even if the waiting period changes. The change would only apply to people who apply within that period. Unfortunately for a lot of the folk who applied in 2020; 2021, it is as if your fate has been sealed to have to wait for 2 or more years and there’s nothing to do about it. That is the Finnish way unfortunately. There are a few exceptions though. Also if your country is not on the list and you’re waiting longer than 16 months. You should probably call. Maybe if you’re lucky enough you get to speak to a considerable person who would forward your complaints to the appropriate person.
Well I was told the same thing they told you. that my application would be processed in 2 years when I visited migri to prove my Identity. My country was on the list. Whenever I called migri. They always tell me to wait patiently that my application will be processed between 24kk to 27kk. I came through sport, have a Finn spouse and a Child, working and schooling at the same time. But I got a decision exactly 19 months of waiting. What I'm trying to say is that you might get a decision sooner than you think. At the end of the day it all depends on the person that's gonna handle your case. I encourage y'all to stay positive. Hopefully y'all gets a positive decision in due time. Goodluck guys.

Schmania

Post by Schmania » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:14 pm

pizzapasta wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:57 pm
Schmania wrote:
Yeah, what I meant is that I doubt they prioritise Russia specifically as the person above hinted earlier.

And I was actually told I would have to wait two years as well.

I think, 2 years is an awfully long time, it’s very sad you have to go through this just because you have a certain passport

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:13 pm

Come on, guys. They don't give preference to russians. I checked citizenship topic on russian-speaking forum, just today one woman posted that she got a decision after 22 months of waiting. Ratio between fast and slow processed decisions is quite same as here. The other thing is "country list" citizens, those who are more likely to be discriminated, that is very awful.
But on the other hand, most people who got a decision in less than a year probably won't come here. For example, I joined this forum when my waiting time was about 11 months. I didn't understand what the problem was, so I wanted to find people with the same issue and share the experiences.

pipsa

Post by pipsa » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:46 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:13 pm
Come on, guys. They don't give preference to russians. I checked citizenship topic on russian-speaking forum, just today one woman posted that she got a decision after 22 months of waiting. Ratio between fast and slow processed decisions is quite same as here. The other thing is "country list" citizens, those who are more likely to be discriminated, that is very awful.
But on the other hand, most people who got a decision in less than a year probably won't come here. For example, I joined this forum when my waiting time was about 11 months. I didn't understand what the problem was, so I wanted to find people with the same issue and share the experiences.
Hi! Could you please share the link to the russian forum?

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:55 am

pipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:46 am
Hi! Could you please share the link to the russian forum?
http://www.russian.fi/forum/showthread. ... ge=1&pp=60

amine04

Post by amine04 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:49 pm

Hi guys . I have applied for citizenship two months ago . I have a residence permit A. I got it after graduation as a student . I have changed my job from full time to part time . But my current salary is about 1400 euro .
Is it going to be a problem that I have changed my job from full time to part time .
How much the salary should be according to the income requirement?

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:11 pm

amine04 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:49 pm
Hi guys . I have applied for citizenship two months ago . I have a residence permit A. I got it after graduation as a student . I have changed my job from full time to part time . But my current salary is about 1400 euro .
Is it going to be a problem that I have changed my job from full time to part time .
https://migri.fi/en/working-in-finland/ ... equirement
If you apply for a residence permit in order to work full-time, your salary must at least correspond to the salary specified in the collective agreement that applies to your employment relationship.
If there is no collective agreement in your sector or if you work part-time, your gross salary must be at least EUR 1,331 per month in 2023. This sum meets the condition regarding previous employment (in Finnish: ‘työssäoloehto’) under the Unemployment Security Act.

amine04

Post by amine04 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:51 pm

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:11 pm
amine04 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:49 pm
https://migri.fi/en/working-in-finland/ ... equirement
If you apply for a residence permit in order to work full-time, your salary must at least correspond to the salary specified in the collective agreement that applies to your employment relationship.
If there is no collective agreement in your sector or if you work part-time, your gross salary must be at least EUR 1,331 per month in 2023. This sum meets the condition regarding previous employment (in Finnish: ‘työssäoloehto’) under the Unemployment Security Act.
How do I know there is collective agreement in my job. I am working in a sushi restaurant ?

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:33 pm

I got a positive decision today. It was a bit of a (pleasant) shock because it never went to "2nd in progress" stage. I just received an sms that a decision has been made.