Citizenship Application 2023

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ddddd

Re: Citizenship Application 2023

Post by ddddd » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:10 pm

Asking for a friend: is it true that you can now fulfill the language requirements by getting a letter from your employer proving that you use Finnish at work and it is the main language of the workplace?

I can see something of that nature on this page under application-specific attachments: https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-application
But there’s nothing about it on the main language requirements page.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Finnit

Post by Finnit » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:42 pm

Could be true. I actually don’t know anyone who used that route. Perhaps your friend could try it since it’s stated by Migri. No harm in trying. But I’d rather advise your friend to do the yki to avoid any more questions because I believe once you can work in/with finnish the probability of passing the yki is higher. I stand to be corrected anyways😅

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:01 pm

ddddd wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:10 pm
Asking for a friend: is it true that you can now fulfill the language requirements by getting a letter from your employer proving that you use Finnish at work and it is the main language of the workplace?

I can see something of that nature on this page under application-specific attachments: https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-application
But there’s nothing about it on the main language requirements page.
Language skills
One requirement for becoming a Finnish citizen is that you have at least satisfactory skills in one of the following:

oral and written Finnish
oral and written Swedish
Finnish Sign Language
Finland-Swedish Sign Language
Therefore, you should attach proof of your language skills to your citizenship application. You must have a certificate of your language skills before you submit a citizenship application.

Finnish citizenship and language skills

One requirement for becoming a Finnish citizen is that you have at least satisfactory skills in one of the following:
🔹 Oral and written Finnish
🔹 Oral and written Swedish
🔹 Finnish sign language
🔹 Finland-Swedish Sign Language.

You may demonstrate your language skills in the following ways:
📜 Language proficiency certificate
📜 Basic education certificate
📜 Upper secondary school certificate
📜 Vocational qualification certificate
📜 Certificate issued for higher education in Finland; or
📜 Demonstration of proficiency in sign language

Learn more ➡️ https://migri.fi/en/language-skills

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:46 pm

Mamu wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:01 pm

Language skills

oral and written Finnish
oral and written Swedish
Finnish Sign Language
Finland-Swedish Sign Language
Therefore, you should attach proof of your language skills to your citizenship application. You must have a certificate of your language skills before you submit a citizenship application.

Finnish citizenship and language skills

🔹 Oral and written Finnish
🔹 Oral and written Swedish
🔹 Finnish sign language
🔹 Finland-Swedish Sign Language.

You may demonstrate your language skills in the following ways:
📜 Language proficiency certificate
📜 Basic education certificate
📜 Upper secondary school certificate
📜 Vocational qualification certificate
📜 Certificate issued for higher education in Finland; or
📜 Demonstration of proficiency in sign language

Learn more ➡️ https://migri.fi/en/language-skills

I know and I specifically wrote in my original post that I couldn’t find anything on language skills page about employer exceptions. But in the link I posted, there is this paragraph:

Statement from your employer concerning the exception to the language skills requirement
How/why can your employer exempt you from the language requirement? What is that paragraph about?

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:06 am

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:36 am

heretostay wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:06 am
Read this page:

https://migri.fi/en/exceptions-to-the-l ... equirement
This part is open the argue for example this expectation is if you working full time have no time to study then Migri take into the account.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:40 am

Mamu wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:36 am
heretostay wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:06 am
Read this page:

https://migri.fi/en/exceptions-to-the-l ... equirement
This part is open the argue for example this expectation is if you working full time have no time to study then Migri take into the account. An exception to the language skills requirement can be made if it is unreasonably difficult for you to hold a permanent full-time job without Finnish citizenship.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:56 am

Other grounds for an exception to the language skills requirement
1. Work-related grounds
An exception to the language skills requirement can be made if it is unreasonably difficult for you to hold a permanent full-time job without Finnish citizenship.

Exceptions for this reason are very rare, however, because there are very few jobs that require Finnish citizenship.

2. Other special and weighty reasons
An exception to the language skills requirement can also be made if it is impossible for you to acquire sufficient language skills for other compelling reasons that are not related to your age, health, illiteracy or work.

If you are applying for an exception to the language skills requirement based on such reasons, you should state them all in your application and attach to your application all statements and documents that support your reasons.

https://migri.fi/en/other-grounds-for-a ... equirement

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:06 am

It looks like migri IT team is having a problem :ochesey: :ochesey: They cannot fix a bug in enter Finland for many days. They should check the applicants that are waiting with IT as a profession to help them fix their problems :D :D :D

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:13 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:06 am
It looks like migri IT team is having a problem :ochesey: :ochesey: They cannot fix a bug in enter Finland for many days. They should check the applicants that are waiting with IT as a profession to help them fix their problems :D :D :D
I hope they are still checking applications these days and their system does not depend on enterfinland errors. Otherwise we all are loosing time.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:22 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:13 am
boy30062021 wrote:
I hope they are still checking applications these days and their system does not depend on enterfinland errors. Otherwise we all are loosing time.
Lets hope they are checking the applications. The queue not moving as it was.

Finnit

Post by Finnit » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:37 am

:wink:
Edward35 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:22 am
kalaizanala wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:

True, the queue is not moving at it used to move.

But Migri do see the applications, I’m sure with that one. But the error appears to only the applicant

Finnit

Post by Finnit » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 am

boy30062021 wrote:
😹😹😹

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 am

Edward35 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:22 am
kalaizanala wrote:
boy30062021 wrote:
If the Enter Finland is broken they probably just check the paper application now :D :D . My queue moved just by 2 since Friday :D :D Migri only knows what they are doing. If they decide to process even 20 per day for 2020 or 2021 applications by the end of summer the backlog will be halfway clear. I think with this automated processing algorithm they should go over again old applications to send the most straightforward applicants to the automated processing machine. Migri is lacking strategy or they do it on purpose :D :D :D . I could solve their backlogs problem with a simple solution :D :D :D Now they don't even need to ask for payslip or whatever which will make residence permit and permanent residence permit very easy to process because they don't need more info for those and they could even give decision immediately to prevent backlogs.

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:41 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:56 am
Other grounds for an exception to the language skills requirement
1. Work-related grounds
An exception to the language skills requirement can be made if it is unreasonably difficult for you to hold a permanent full-time job without Finnish citizenship.

Exceptions for this reason are very rare, however, because there are very few jobs that require Finnish citizenship.

2. Other special and weighty reasons
An exception to the language skills requirement can also be made if it is impossible for you to acquire sufficient language skills for other compelling reasons that are not related to your age, health, illiteracy or work.

If you are applying for an exception to the language skills requirement based on such reasons, you should state them all in your application and attach to your application all statements and documents that support your reasons.

https://migri.fi/en/other-grounds-for-a ... equirement

So it’s about submitting documentation that you need Finnish citizenship for your job, not that your employer guarantees that you speak Finnish at work. Such a shame, she already applied.

It all makes sense now. Thank you kalaizanala and mamu.