RP (intimate relationship) - income

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ljv2022

Post by ljv2022 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:11 pm

I moved to Finland in April and submitted my application as soon as I landed (I've been waiting in the country). My application is just now being processed and they would like some updated information, etc. One of the updated info they need again is my source of income. When I moved here, I had about 14,000 saved. Now I have 9,000 - as I have been buying groceries, etc. (I don't like not helping when my bf pays for everything). So, my questions are:

1. How strict is migri with the source of income?
2. Would my residence permit just be for 9 months instead of 1 year? (since the income requirement is 1,000/month)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

broccoli

Re: RP (intimate relationship) - income

Post by broccoli » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:10 pm

You need to provide you partners source of income, and it must cover two of you (check migri website: they have the number of how many the partner should earn depending of how many family members you have).

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:32 pm

broccoli wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:10 pm
You need to provide you partners source of income
No, it has to be own income/savings, not money of the partner already in Finland.
broccoli wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:10 pm
and it must cover two of you
No, it does not have to cover the Finnish citizen partner.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:42 pm

ljv2022 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:11 pm
I moved to Finland in April and submitted my application as soon as I landed (I've been waiting in the country). My application is just now being processed and they would like some updated information, etc. One of the updated info they need again is my source of income. When I moved here, I had about 14,000 saved. Now I have 9,000 - as I have been buying groceries, etc. (I don't like not helping when my bf pays for everything). So, my questions are:

1. How strict is migri with the source of income?
2. Would my residence permit just be for 9 months instead of 1 year? (since the income requirement is 1,000/month)
2. is possible, it might have been more clever not to use your money while the application was pending.

In practice it might matter less, since marriage is the only realistic option for you to stop burning through your savings while staying in Finland without the right to work.

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:49 am

oh, my bad, I was sure that cohabitation and intimate relat. are the same permit!