Life insurance

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NeverSayNever

Life insurance

Post by NeverSayNever » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:30 pm

Hi all.

Now planning to take a life insurance from Nordea. Anyone has experiences with them?
This would be my first life insurance, so I have no experience.

Will there be a health check before they accept me? Or will it purely based on my medical record in omakanta?

Thanks!

Life insurance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Life insurance

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed May 24, 2023 10:43 am

NeverSayNever wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:30 pm
Hi all.

Now planning to take a life insurance from Nordea. Anyone has experiences with them?
This would be my first life insurance, so I have no experience.

Will there be a health check before they accept me? Or will it purely based on my medical record in omakanta?

Thanks!
The insurance terms from the provider should provide you with the answers, so read those carefully. Usually existing medical conditions are excluded from the policy and a health check is not required, but that information you can also get from the potential provider, for your particular case.

Of course it's also worth considering whether you need (a standalone) life insurance at all. It might make sense if you have a family and they would be struggling without your income. Otherwise, one alternative would be to save/invest the insurance fees, that way you would be in control of the money and should nothing untoward happen, ultimate somone will inherit it.

Often a more meaningful insurance is for accidents ("tapaturmavakuutus") and medical problems ("sairausvakuutus") where you still live but may have reduced capacity to work and medical expenses for the rest of your life. Many employers provide some insurance coverage for their employees, so that's worth checking as well.

37yqp8098y5

Re: Life insurance

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:51 pm

They are probably not the most expensive but not the most comprehensive either.

Mandatum Life generally has the best I think. They have a talk with you 1-on-1 so you know exactly what you need and are getting.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396