Translating prescription from Finnish to English when traveling to USA/Australia

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
sealgat

Translating prescription from Finnish to English when traveling to USA/Australia

Post by sealgat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:55 am

Hi all!
I have a question. I am traveling to Australia with transit in USA for a week and I need to take my prescription medication (birth control pills) with me. But the prescription letter is in finnish and is on Kanta pages. Have anyone faced this situation? Is it safe to translate the prescription to English by some certified translator and to take the pack of the pills to USA/Australia+translated prescription? In addition, the package with the pills is also in Finnish/swedish only. Did anyone faced this situation? Have anyone safely transported some personal medications with prescription from Finland to USA/Australia?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Re: Translating prescription from Finnish to English when traveling to USA/Australia

Post by browndude » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 pm

sealgat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:55 am
Hi all!
I have a question. I am traveling to Australia with transit in USA for a week and I need to take my prescription medication (birth control pills) with me. But the prescription letter is in finnish and is on Kanta pages. Have anyone faced this situation? Is it safe to translate the prescription to English by some certified translator and to take the pack of the pills to USA/Australia+translated prescription? In addition, the package with the pills is also in Finnish/swedish only. Did anyone faced this situation? Have anyone safely transported some personal medications with prescription from Finland to USA/Australia?
I got my Finnish doctor to issue me an "EU prescription". It is in English and is at least usable in the EU. You should check with a doctor to see if you can get a prescription that is valid in the US/Australia.
ImageImage

sealgat

Re: Translating prescription from Finnish to English when traveling to USA/Australia

Post by sealgat » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:53 pm

browndude wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 pm
sealgat wrote:
Hi all!
I got my Finnish doctor to issue me an "EU prescription". It is in English and is at least usable in the EU. You should check with a doctor to see if you can get a prescription that is valid in the US/Australia.
Hi, thank you for response!

May I ask, did you asked him to make this EU prescription in person, or through the internet?

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:23 pm

sealgat wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:53 pm
browndude wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 pm
sealgat wrote:
Hi all!
Hi, thank you for response!

May I ask, did you asked him to make this EU prescription in person, or through the internet?
Well, I already had a prescription for the medicine in Finland which I had gotten during an in-person visit. It was simply a matter of askiong my doctor to have it written down in the EU format because I travel abroad in the EU a lot-this I did online. I don't know how it will be in your case but you can certainly ask your doctor or ask the asiakaspalvelu of a medical center.
ImageImage