Police Ticket (HELP)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kaya4036

Police Ticket (HELP)

Post by kaya4036 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:30 pm

Hello everyone, 1 week ago I was fined by the police for speeding violation. While I was supposed to go with 80 km, I went with 116 km. A 20-day fine was issued.240€. It has been 9 months since I moved to Finland and I applied for a second residence permit. I have a type A residence permit. My wife is a Finnish citizen. My main question is: Will I have problems due to this penalty when I apply for a permanent residence permit or citizenship in the future? Thank you

Police Ticket (HELP)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Police Ticket (HELP)

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:46 am

kaya4036 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:30 pm
Hello everyone, 1 week ago I was fined by the police for speeding violation. While I was supposed to go with 80 km, I went with 116 km. A 20-day fine was issued.240€. It has been 9 months since I moved to Finland and I applied for a second residence permit. I have a type A residence permit. My wife is a Finnish citizen. My main question is: Will I have problems due to this penalty when I apply for a permanent residence permit or citizenship in the future? Thank you

Being sentenced to a small number of punishments consisting of less than 30 day fines, for example, will usually not prevent you from becoming a citizen.” https://migri.fi/en/integrity

It’s unlikely to matter for residence permits either. Just don’t speed again.

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:11 am

This is a speeding ticket and not a criminal offence so this will not affect your chances-I got 3 speeding tickets over the course of 10 years and it did not affect my migri dealings. 116 in an 80 zone is quite a lot though. Also, note that if you get more than 3 speeding tickets in 2 years or something similar, then you will be prohibited from driving for a while-not exactly sure of the details. That type of thing might affect your chances of getting e.g. citizenship.
ImageImage

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:13 pm

browndude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:11 am
This is a speeding ticket and not a criminal offence so this will not affect your chances-I got 3 speeding tickets over the course of 10 years and it did not affect my migri dealings. 116 in an 80 zone is quite a lot though. Also, note that if you get more than 3 speeding tickets in 2 years or something similar, then you will be prohibited from driving for a while-not exactly sure of the details. That type of thing might affect your chances of getting e.g. citizenship.
You can only get day fines from criminal offences.

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:13 pm
browndude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:11 am
In that case, I am clearly wrong and talking out of my ass.

https://laki24.fi/mita-tarkoittaa-paivasakot/

"Päiväsakkoja ylinopeuksista määrättäessä teko on liikennerikkomusta kun teosta määrätään sen vakavuuden perusteella alle 12kpl päiväsakkoja. Yli kahdentoista päiväsakon ollessa kysymyksessä teko muuttuu liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantamiseksi. Koska liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantaminen on rikoslain puolella määrätään sakkoseuraamuksen päälle lisäksi rikosuhrimaksu."

Assuming the info. in the above webpage is correct, the OP was so far above the speeding limit that it has turned into a "liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantamiseksi" (endangering traffic-safety) offence. Which is more serious and could?? have an effect on his future RP/citizenship applications.
ImageImage

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:36 pm

browndude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:13 pm
In that case, I am clearly wrong and talking out of my ass.

https://laki24.fi/mita-tarkoittaa-paivasakot/

"Päiväsakkoja ylinopeuksista määrättäessä teko on liikennerikkomusta kun teosta määrätään sen vakavuuden perusteella alle 12kpl päiväsakkoja. Yli kahdentoista päiväsakon ollessa kysymyksessä teko muuttuu liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantamiseksi. Koska liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantaminen on rikoslain puolella määrätään sakkoseuraamuksen päälle lisäksi rikosuhrimaksu."

Assuming the info. in the above webpage is correct, the OP was so far above the speeding limit that it has turned into a "liikenneturvallisuuden vaarantamiseksi" (endangering traffic-safety) offence. Which is more serious and could?? have an effect on his future RP/citizenship applications.
The web page is outdated. Minor violations are sanctioned with traffic penalty fees these days (not rikesakko).

https://www.traficom.fi/en/transport/ro ... nalty-fees

See my first comment about the implications for future applications.