Art Schools in Finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
flyingdreamlibrary

Art Schools in Finland

Post by flyingdreamlibrary » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:51 pm

Hei! I’m an undergraduate student in art & design from Hong Kong and I’m planning to do my master’s degree in fine arts in Finland. The universities I’m going to apply for are the Finnish Academy of Fine Arts(Kuvataideakatemia), the LAB Institute of Design(master’s programme in fine arts) and SAMK(master’s programme in fine arts), while my non-university alternatives are Taidekoulu Alfa and Repin Institute. Are there any current students or alumni of these schools? What are your experiences studying there? What do they look for in portfolios, motivation letters and interviews? Do these schools have a specific art style or theme they favour or can students do whatever style & theme they fancy in their applications & school assignments? What is the learning culture there? I would like some insights since there really isn’t much information on student experience of Finnish art schools out there. Kiitos paljon!😊

Art Schools in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic