FBI (USA) fingerprinting

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nanghelo

FBI (USA) fingerprinting

Post by nanghelo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:29 pm

Hi!

I thought I saw a thread about this but I couldn't find it on a search.

My husband and I need to get fingerprints for an FBI check so that we can travel (to Africa) for my research.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the fingerprints taken in Finland, if it's even possible. I saw there is a place in Stockholm that will do it for 655€ (!) and something similar in Berlin. We can't go to Berlin. We could go to Sweden, in theory, but we can't afford to pay 1300+€ for it.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should we just try to take them ourselves at home? (As far as I can tell, this is legal, just a bit risky in that it's hard to do them properly.)

Thanks!

FBI (USA) fingerprinting

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: FBI (USA) fingerprinting

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:45 pm

nanghelo wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:29 pm
My husband and I need to get fingerprints for an FBI check so that we can travel (to Africa) for my research.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the fingerprints taken in Finland, if it's even possible.
Call or email the US embassy in Helsinki, they should either be able to provide the service or know what options exist in Finland.

nanghelo

Post by nanghelo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:07 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:45 pm
nanghelo wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:29 pm

I have not been able to figure out how to get the fingerprints taken in Finland, if it's even possible.
Call or email the US embassy in Helsinki, they should either be able to provide the service or know what options exist in Finland.
The embassy keeps changing their webpage, and now I can't find *any* information, but the last I saw, it specifically said that they do not help with FBI checks. I will try to call them, nonetheless.

nanghelo

Post by nanghelo » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:15 pm

Update: received this reply from the embassy:
Good morning,

Unfortunately we are not able to assist you with this inquiry. Please contact the FBI for guidance on how to proceed.

Best Regards,

U.S.Embassy

I know other US embassies DO do this; I guess the Finland embassy has fewer resources.

I am 99.9% certain that the FBI will not be able to tell me where in Finland I can get inked fingerprints, so I guess our plan B will be to give it our best shot at home.

agroot

Post by agroot » Sat May 06, 2023 1:09 am

Dooesn't migri take it for free? I can't believe it'd cost more than 60 euro, let alone 600...

nanghelo

Post by nanghelo » Tue May 09, 2023 3:14 pm

Thanks for the reply! From what I understand - and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong! - Migri only takes electronic fingerprints for their own purposes. We need fingerprints (ink on a paper form, or else electronic that can be directly transmitted to the FBI) for USA FBI checks needed for a visa to another country.