Cars in Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
fiksumuksu69

Cars in Finland

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:44 pm

Hello! Planning to purchase a car soon, and figuring out how much the insurance will cost. I know it depends on many parameters, but would be interesting to hear the price range that I can expect!

Cars in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Cars in Finland

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri May 19, 2023 9:39 pm

fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:44 pm
Hello! Planning to purchase a car soon, and figuring out how much the insurance will cost. I know it depends on many parameters, but would be interesting to hear the price range that I can expect!
The price range, as you already understand, depends a _lot_ on various parameters, so it is practically impossible to give any range without further details. There are calculators online, e.g., https://www.op.fi/private-customers/ins ... -insurance

"Liikennevakuutus" (liability insurance for any damage you might cause to others) is mandatory. In addition to that, there are various levels of "kasko" (don't know the exact term in English) covering burglary, fire hazard, a broken windshield, ...

fiksumuksu69

Post by fiksumuksu69 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:21 pm

Oh thanks a lot for the link! Didn't realize you can look it up by the license plate, makes things much easier :thumbsup:

identifylecturer

Post by identifylecturer » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:43 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:39 pm
fiksumuksu69 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:44 pm
The price range, as you already understand, depends a _lot_ on various parameters, so it is practically impossible to give any range without further details. There are calculators online, e.g., https://www.op.fi/private-customers/ins ... -insuranceeggy car

"Liikennevakuutus" (liability insurance for any damage you might cause to others) is mandatory. In addition to that, there are various levels of "kasko" (don't know the exact term in English) covering burglary, fire hazard, a broken windshield, ...
Thanks for your help. It is very helpful