Citizenship residency permit is about to get prolonged to 8 years

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
FinlandGirl

Re: Citizenship residency permit is about to get prolonged to 8 years

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:02 pm

browndude wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:00 am
Numerous Finnish CEOs and business leaders are also not in favour of this 3 month time-line.
They obviously want more migration because they make more profit when they replace expensive Finns with cheap migrants.
browndude wrote:
Obviously we cannot have an endless waiting period, perhaps though something a bit longer than 3 months.
It's already at least 4 months from the announcement of YT negotiations.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

browndude

Post by browndude » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:07 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:02 pm
browndude wrote:
Numerous Finnish CEOs and business leaders are also not in favour of this 3 month time-line.
They obviously want more migration because they make more profit when they replace expensive Finns with cheap migrants.
browndude wrote:
Obviously we cannot have an endless waiting period, perhaps though something a bit longer than 3 months.
Possibly that could be one reason-making more profit is the part of the job of a CEO after all. Another reason is lack of appropriate local talent.
ImageImage

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:38 pm

browndude wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:07 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:02 pm
browndude wrote:
browndude wrote:
Possibly that could be one reason-making more profit is the part of the job of a CEO after all. Another reason is lack of appropriate local talent.
If fear of unemployment would be a problem when attracting talent from abroad, the CEO could just offer a 6 month employer notice period.
This would give the employee 9 months for finding a new job.

agroot

Post by agroot » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:34 am

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm
Good. Now extend it to 10 years.

People who live here even 10 years still speak !"#¤% Finnish. You should be near native before they even consider you.
Because we only study it to get citizenship, not to use it in daily life. Make 10 or 20 years, won't change anything. :lol:
jimmyguang wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:25 pm
It seems that only the immigrants who can work non-stoppingly are welcome, disregarding the fact that people's lives have ups and downs. Not to mention many professionals such as artists, free-lancers, entrepreneurs, etc. may have very unstable work condition/income.
But those limits are for non-EU immigrants. How many people outside of EU are crazy enough to come here on work permit as artists, free-lancers, entrepreneurs, ...? For a normal job, in my field we couldn't even offer the job if the salary can't meet the limit, because otherwise there is no excuse to hire an expert from outside and the position should be for EU citizens.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:47 am

I have seen a lot of misconceptions and even foreigner hate in previous posts.

But summarized we can conclude that this law change is a bad idea, for several reasons... but most of them have already been mentioned in previous posts.

What Finnish people that voted for this monstrosity of a law must realize, is that:
  • soon there will be not enough workers to pay taxes to fund the healthcare and pensions of the the retired old Finnish people.
    Finland's society has a demographic time-bomb ticking ...
  • Finns need to ask themselves who will change their diaper in the future, if any one is actually available for that.
  • Who will service / replace their air-conditioning in this hotter getting climate.
  • Who will unclog their sink once they cannot crawl under the sink themselves any-more
  • Who will drive their bus, if any bus is still financially viable at all.
It is common knowledge that the "persut" (true Finns) are in general low educated (see Yle MOT tutkimus) so in general also earn low wages, these are the first people who will suffer from this "time-bomb"
The rich from the NCP can still hire a private nurse from the Philippines, but only if those are willing to take the risk of getting sacked when the "private" employer dies and they will need to leave the country again...AND the price for such a nurse (lähihoitaja?) will rise considerably...I smell good business here....(Swedish Attendo does as well, they buy up all private places).

No.... this law will come to bite the Finns that voted for this law, back in the ass..and the poor "Persut" first.

And this is not all, the country has become less appealing to the smart and skilled people as well:
  • they can earn better elsewhere
  • and why take the risk with your whole family to move to Finland, when you need to leave again if the company hiring you, is going bankrupt / scales down again due to recession or failing to attract other talent.

I mean getting a skilled job elsewhere in Finland while not speaking Finnish (normal for high skilled labour) is almost impossible if not "invited"
I would certainly not move here!!!! (came here for other compelling reasons).

No this is really a BAD idea!

Edit: typo
Last edited by NukkuMatti on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:48 am

NukkuMatti wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:47 am
soon there will be not enough workers to pay taxes to fund the healthcare and pensions of the the retired old Finnish people.
Finland's society has a demographic time-bomb ticking ...
NukkuMatti wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:47 am
I mean getting a skilled job elsewhere in Finland while not speaking Finnish (normal for high skilled labour) is almost impossible if not "invited"
I would certainly not move here!!!! (came here for other compelling reasons).
You came here for family ties and have lived from Finnish tax money all the time.

Foreigners like you only make things worse for everyone, and using people like you as example helps anyone who wants to restrict immigration.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:56 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:48 am
You came here for family ties and have lived from Finnish tax money all the time.
Foreigners like you only make things worse for everyone, and using people like you as example helps anyone who wants to restrict immigration.
:lol: :lol: :lol: guess I hit a nerve there?

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:57 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:

Admit it, you love me and still want to date me... :ochesey:

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:43 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
and using people like you as example helps anyone who wants to restrict immigration.
Ok this took long enough, I will bite.....

Even if your accusation would be correct, how would that example of me work? I do not even need / have a residence permit and have lived here for more than 10 years?

I fail to see how my (hypothetical) situation could lead to supporting claims from people in favor of limiting immigration (a harmful thought for Finnish economy) instead of supporting the increase of immigration (beneficial to Finnish economy in the long run).

Or would my (hypothetical) situation help to support Finland leaving EU and therefore limiting possible immigration from other EU countries?
Until then Finland is bound by the EU regulations and laws in regards to immigration within EU borders.

And because your remark was pretty much ad-hominem (like you do very often with me, because you secretly love me), let me return the favor:

I guess the grey matter in your head cannot fold itself around this issue well enough, to comprehend the impact of an imminent shrinking workforce in the near future, only possible to be compensated by immigration.
It just scares the hell out of you because you realize soon your diaper will be changed by for example a Nigerian or Thai nurse that speaks limited Finnish, regardless of why that would scare you.

With love
Matti
8)

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:58 pm

It just scares the hell out of you because you realize soon your diaper will be changed by for example a Nigerian or Thai nurse that speaks limited Finnish, regardless of why that would scare you.
This might be the most idiotic post I've seen on this forum.

At the end of the day, conservatives built this country that you wanted to emigratd to. Not Thai nurses mate.
37yqp8098y5 wrote:

People who live here even 10 years still speak !"#¤% Finnish. You should be near native before they even consider you.
The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

37yqp8098y5

Post by 37yqp8098y5 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:00 pm

At the end of the day, conservatives built this country that you wanted to emigratd to. It's also those people who maintain and ensure that it's a good place to live. Not Nigerian or Thai nurses mate.
37yqp8098y5 wrote:

The average Somali and Iraqi costs Finland €12,000 per person, per year.
https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/handle/10024/160396

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:16 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:00 pm
At the end of the day, conservatives built this country that you wanted to emigratd to. It's also those people who maintain and ensure that it's a good place to live. Not Nigerian or Thai nurses mate.
I suggest educating yourself about immigrants like James Finlayson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlayson_(company)

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:02 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:16 pm
37yqp8098y5 wrote:
I suggest educating yourself about immigrants like James Finlayson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlayson_(company)
Fazer, Paulig, Stockmann, Gutzeit, Finlayson, Hartwall, Sinebrychoff... were all mamuja.

https://www.ess.fi/paakirjoitus-mielipide/767018

Of course these guys above perhaps typically needed a lot more sunscreen than yours truly or the average Nigerian or Thai nurse :lol: . For what it is worth, I must add that I have had the pleasure of working with some brilliant, world-class Nigerian scientists and researchers in my career.
ImageImage

Piet

Post by Piet » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:06 pm

37yqp8098y5 wrote:

37yqp8098y5 wrote:

Instead of telling others nonsense, you might want to check your facts first about immigrants.
Immigrants can bring a huge economic upturn with them if given the chance.

• Did you know that The Netherlands has known the Golden age while Finnish were still walking around in bear skins? This was due to immigrants. They brought new knowledge and more trade to the Netherlands.

• Did you know that ±500 Finnish mercenaries fought for King Willem the III of the Netherlands and England (married with Queen Mary Stuart), against the Irish and they did this in bear skins (karhun nahka), NO JOKE!

• Did you know that according to an article at Yle, the Finns DNA has the most similarities from all European nationalities, with the Dutch (Hollantilaiset).
◦ This is most likely due to the fact that a lot of sailors from the Netherlands, were coming to Finland to get the long pines from Rauma for their ships building industry, causing the golden age in trade for the Dutch, impregnating the girls in the harbor towns along the south Finnish coast, while their Finnish husbands were cutting those pines and spruce in the Forrest and transporting them over the water to the ports..

• Did you know that the King of Sweden build Helsinki harbor because of the Dutch trade with the Baltics (Tallinn), which was the true source of the Dutch wealth and the whole reason they could afford the trips with the big ships to the Indies (VOC & WIC). King Gustav 1 wanted part of that trade as well...

• Did you know the oldest grave in Helsinki is from a Dutch merchant...

I have stayed in several countries but originally I am Dutch and my ancestors were immigrants in the Netherlands from France, escaping the Spanish inquisition for being protestant, (Lutheran like the Finnish) bringing trade and prosperity and craftsmanship to the Netherlands. The Finnish did not want to get this prosperity and killed Bishop Hendrik wen he came to Finland, much Like the Friezes who killed Bonifacius.
Friesland (the province where Friezes live and the famous horses come from) has always been a little behind the rest of the Netherlands, economics wise that is, so no surprise here….

What I would like to make clear is, that as I typed in bold letters, if the immigrants now.. in Finland.. like myself... would be given the chance to use their (our) skills and not forced to letting them go to waste because of the rigid attitude of foreigner hating Finns and ignorant employers not hiring them due to language and offer them only cleaning work, there is still hope for Finland... otherwise.... I guess my kids will emigrate as soon as they have finished their now still free education...and get a good paid job in The Netherlands.... I would!!

We call that a “brain drain” which is a pretty common event in Finland as well, which will only see an uptick with these kind of changes by the current government. Talking about taxpayer money going to waste.

Anyway if it were not so sad to see foreigner hating reactions like yours and from others here, I would ROFL all the time about the stupidity of such mindset, but then again, I am just a stupid foreigner, what do I know right??

Something else:

You also might want to prevent double posting and use the edit button instead, and the purpose of quoting an unrelated part of a post of yourself at the end does not seem to inspire greatness either.

Remarks about gray matter and Yle tutkimus about PS voters come to mind, but let's keep it civilized.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:49 am

Piet wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:06 pm
• Did you know that according to an article at Yle, the Finns DNA has the most similarities from all European nationalities, with the Dutch (Hollantilaiset).
◦ This is most likely due to the fact that a lot of sailors from the Netherlands, were coming to Finland to get the long pines from Rauma for their ships building industry, causing the golden age in trade for the Dutch, impregnating the girls in the harbor towns along the south Finnish coast, while their Finnish husbands were cutting those pines and spruce in the Forrest and transporting them over the water to the ports..
That's all fake news, because you fail at reading.

Finns are genetically more similar to the Dutch than to the Hungarians, despite the language similarities.
But Finns are of course far more similar to the Estonians and the Swedes than to the Dutch.

Most likely the Swedes were frequently impregnating the Dutch girls after slaying their weak fathers and husbands, while Hungary was not along a Viking trade route.
Piet wrote:
• Did you know that the King of Sweden build Helsinki harbor because of the Dutch trade with the Baltics (Tallinn), which was the true source of the Dutch wealth and the whole reason they could afford the trips with the big ships to the Indies (VOC & WIC). King Gustav 1 wanted part of that trade as well...
Is spreading fake news your only skill?

Helsinki was not built to compete with the Dutch in trading Baltic grain, it would anyway not have had access to that before Tallinn became Swedish just a couple of years later.
Piet wrote:
• Did you know the oldest grave in Helsinki is from a Dutch merchant...
And again fake news.

The oldest grave in Helsinki is over 3000 years old...
Piet wrote:
Immigrants can bring a huge economic upturn with them if given the chance.
It always depends on what kind of immigrants.

Immigrants can also bring a lot of violence and unrest with then if given the chance, as can be seen by the failed immigration politics of Sweden.

Russians with college degrees tend to generate a huge economic upturn in Finland.

The economic effect of Somalis in Finland has been pretty bad.